Call min() with special comparison function
/* The following code example is taken from the book
* "The C++ Standard Library - A Tutorial and Reference"
* by Nicolai M. Josuttis, Addison-Wesley, 1999
* (C) Copyright Nicolai M. Josuttis 1999.
* Permission to copy, use, modify, sell and distribute this software
* is granted provided this copyright notice appears in all copies.
* This software is provided "as is" without express or implied
* warranty, and with no claim as to its suitability for any purpose.
using namespace std;
/* function that compares two pointers by comparing the values to which they po
bool int_ptr_less (int* a, int* b)
return *a < *b;
int x = 17;
int y = 42;
int* px = &x;
int* py = &y;
// call min() with special comparison function
pmin = min (px, py, int_ptr_less);
cout << *pmin;
Related examples in the same category