Use unique_copy to remove duplicate words
/* The following code example is taken from the book
* "The C++ Standard Library - A Tutorial and Reference"
* by Nicolai M. Josuttis, Addison-Wesley, 1999
* (C) Copyright Nicolai M. Josuttis 1999.
* Permission to copy, use, modify, sell and distribute this software
* is granted provided this copyright notice appears in all copies.
* This software is provided "as is" without express or implied
* warranty, and with no claim as to its suitability for any purpose.
using namespace std;
/* read all words from the standard input
* - source: all strings until end-of-file (or error)
* - destination: coll (inserting)
copy (istream_iterator<string>(cin), // start of source
istream_iterator<string>(), // end of source
back_inserter(coll)); // destination
// sort elements
sort (coll.begin(), coll.end());
/* print all elements without duplicates
* - source: coll
* - destination: standard output (with newline between elements)
unique_copy (coll.begin(), coll.end(), // source
ostream_iterator<string>(cout,"\n")); // destination
a^CTerminate batch job (Y/N)? n
Related examples in the same category