* $Id: CPtr.java,v 1.4 2006/12/22 14:06:40 thiago Exp $
* Copyright (C) 2003-2007 Kepler Project.
* Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
* a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
* "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including
* without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
* distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to
* permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to
* the following conditions:
* The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
* included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
* EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
* MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
* IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY
* CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT,
* TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE
* SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
* An abstraction for a C pointer data type. A CPtr instance represents, on
* the Java side, a C pointer. The C pointer could be any <em>type</em> of C
public class CPtr
* Compares this <code>CPtr</code> to the specified object.
* @param other a <code>CPtr</code>
* @return true if the class of this <code>CPtr</code> object and the
* class of <code>other</code> are exactly equal, and the C
* pointers being pointed to by these objects are also
* equal. Returns false otherwise.
public boolean equals(Object other)
if (other == null)
if (other == this)
if (CPtr.class != other.getClass())
return peer == ((CPtr)other).peer;
/* Pointer value of the real C pointer. Use long to be 64-bit safe. */
private long peer;
* Gets the value of the C pointer abstraction
* @return long
protected long getPeer()
/* No-args constructor. */