* ASM: a very small and fast Java bytecode manipulation framework
* Copyright (c) 2000-2005 INRIA, France Telecom
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. Neither the name of the copyright holders nor the names of its
* contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from
* this software without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
* AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE
* LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
* SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
* INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
* CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
* ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF
* THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Provides some useful class and method adapters. <i>The preferred way of using
these adapters is by chaining them together and to custom adapters (instead of
inheriting from them)</i>. Indeed this approach provides more combination
possibilities than inheritance. For instance, suppose you want to implement an
adapter MyAdapter than needs sorted local variables and intermediate stack map
frame values taking into account the local variables sort. By using inheritance,
this would require MyAdapter to extend AnalyzerAdapter, itself extending
LocalVariablesSorter. But AnalyzerAdapter is not a subclass of
LocalVariablesSorter, so this is not possible. On the contrary, by using
delegation, you can make LocalVariablesSorter delegate to AnalyzerAdapter,
itself delegating to MyAdapter. In this case AnalyzerAdapter computes
intermediate frames based on the output of LocalVariablesSorter, and MyAdapter
can add new locals by calling the newLocal method on LocalVariablesSorter, and
can get the stack map frame state before each instruction by reading the locals
and stack fields in AnalyzerAdapter (this requires references from MyAdapter
back to LocalVariablesSorter and AnalyzerAdapter).