* JBoss, Home of Professional Open Source
* Copyright 2006, Red Hat Middleware LLC, and individual contributors
* as indicated by the @author tags.
* See the copyright.txt in the distribution for a full listing
* of individual contributors.
* This copyrighted material is made available to anyone wishing to use,
* modify, copy, or redistribute it subject to the terms and conditions
* of the GNU General Public License, v. 2.0.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT A
* WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
* PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License,
* v. 2.0 along with this distribution; if not, write to the Free Software
* Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston,
* MA 02110-1301, USA.
* (C) 2005-2006,
* @author JBoss Inc.
* Copyright (C) 2000,
* Arjuna Solutions Limited,
* Newcastle upon Tyne,
* Tyne and Wear,
* $Id: ORBImple.java 2342 2006-03-30 13:06:17Z $
* Some ORBs either don't support a shutdown operation or
* don't have one that waits until all outstanding references
* to the OA/ORB have been released. So, we can't simply
* null out our reference when our shutdown methods are called.
* This is more of an issue for multi-threaded applications, where
* one thread "shuts" the system down, while other threads are still
* active. So, we have state variables to allow us to tell whether
* the system is supposed to be shutdown. This then allows us to
* support multiple initialisations.
* The Object Request Broker interface.
* @author Mark Little (email@example.com)
* @version $Id: ORBImple.java 2342 2006-03-30 13:06:17Z $
* @since JTS 2.1.
public interface ORBImple
* Is the ORB initialised?
public boolean initialised ();
* Initialise the ORB.
public void init () throws SystemException;
public void init (Applet a, Properties p) throws SystemException;
public void init (String s, Properties p) throws SystemException;
* Shutdown the ORB.
public void shutdown () throws SystemException;
* Destroy the ORB.
public void destroy () throws SystemException;
* Return a reference to the ORB.
public org.omg.CORBA.ORB orb () throws SystemException;
* Provide a reference to the ORB. Used if the application must
* initialise the ORB separately.
public void orb (org.omg.CORBA.ORB o) throws SystemException;