CopyStreamListener.java : » Net » Apache-commons-net-1.4.1 » org » apache » commons » net » io » Java Open Source
|Apache commons net 1.4.1 » org » apache » commons » net » io » CopyStreamListener.java|
* Copyright 2001-2005 The Apache Software Foundation
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
* The CopyStreamListener class can accept CopyStreamEvents to keep track
* of the progress of a stream copying operation. However, it is currently
* not used that way within NetComponents for performance reasons. Rather
* the bytesTransferred(long, int) method is called directly rather than
* passing an event to bytesTransferred(CopyStreamEvent), saving the creation
* of a CopyStreamEvent instance. Also, the only place where
* CopyStreamListener is currently used within NetComponents is in the
* static methods of the uninstantiable org.apache.commons.io.Util class, which
* would preclude the use of addCopyStreamListener and
* removeCopyStreamListener methods. However, future additions may use the
* JavaBean event model, which is why the hooks have been included from the
* @see CopyStreamEvent
* @see CopyStreamAdapter
* @see Util
* @author <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">Daniel F. Savarese</a>
* @version $Id: CopyStreamListener.java 165675 2005-05-02 20:09:55Z rwinston $
public interface CopyStreamListener extends EventListener
* This method is invoked by a CopyStreamEvent source after copying
* a block of bytes from a stream. The CopyStreamEvent will contain
* the total number of bytes transferred so far and the number of bytes
* transferred in the last write.
* @param event The CopyStreamEvent fired by the copying of a block of
public void bytesTransferred(CopyStreamEvent event);
* This method is not part of the JavaBeans model and is used by the
* static methods in the org.apache.commons.io.Util class for efficiency.
* It is invoked after a block of bytes to inform the listener of the
* @param totalBytesTransferred The total number of bytes transferred
* so far by the copy operation.
* @param bytesTransferred The number of bytes copied by the most recent
* @param streamSize The number of bytes in the stream being copied.
* This may be equal to CopyStreamEvent.UNKNOWN_STREAM_SIZE if
* the size is unknown.
public void bytesTransferred(long totalBytesTransferred,