* Copyright (c) 2000, Jacob Smullyan.
* This is part of SkunkDAV, a WebDAV client. See http://skunkdav.sourceforge.net/
* for the latest version.
* SkunkDAV is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
* modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
* by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
* any later version.
* SkunkDAV is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
* General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
* along with SkunkDAV; see the file COPYING. If not, write to the Free
* Software Foundation, 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA
* 02111-1307, USA.
public interface View
* add the buffer to the application container widget
void dock(Buffer buffer);
* remove the component from the application container widget
void undock(Buffer buffer);
* @return list of current docked components
* ensure that the specified docked component is visible and has focus
void focus(Buffer buffer);
I want to support emacs-mode and mdi-mode multiple visible buffers, but the
methods below do not seem satisfactory. Visibility and focus are not orthogonal,
which gives rise to complications.
Buffers can be:
null / not null
/ undocked / docked
/ not visible / visible
/ not focussed / focussed
(In fact, a buffer which is undocked is either a new buffer which is about to be docked, or a closed buffer which is
about to be destroyed. But invisible and unfocussed buffers will predominate.)
* attempt to set for the given buffer the given visibility.
* depending on the dock mode, certain settings of this property
* may be vetoed (e.g., in emacs-mode, at least one buffer must
* be visible at all times, so setting the only visible buffer
* invisible would not be permitted.) A change of visibility
* may entail a change to the focusedBuffer property, but it may
* not change the visibility of another buffer. (Hence, for
* single-buffer dock modes (like TABBED_PANE_MODE, if restricted to one frame)
* the setVisible method should throw an UnsupportedOperationException.)
* Preconditions: the buffer must be docked and non-null.
void setVisible(Buffer buffer, boolean visible) throws UnsupportedOperationException, PropertyVetoException;
* @return whether the given buffer is visible
boolean isVisible(Buffer buffer);
* @return the buffer that has focus, or null if there are no buffers
* @return theAppContext object that holds this View
* dispose of the View
* show a status message
void showStatus(String message);
* add a component to the status bar
void dockStatus(JComponent statusComponent);
* remove a component from the status bar
void undockStatus(JComponent statusComponent);
* get the component corresponding to this view
/* $Log: View.java,v $
/* Revision 1.6 2000/12/19 22:36:05 smulloni
/* adjustments to preamble.
/* Revision 1.5 2000/12/04 23:51:16 smulloni
/* added ImageViewer; fixed word in SimpleTextEditor
/* Revision 1.4 2000/12/03 23:53:26 smulloni
/* added license and copyright preamble to java files.
/* Revision 1.3 2000/11/29 23:16:05 smullyan
/* adding first rough cut of search capability to the text editor. View
/* is being updated to allow components to be docked into the status bar.
/* Revision 1.2 2000/11/28 00:01:39 smullyan
/* added a status bar/minibuffer, with a location field showing the current line and
/* column number (for the SimpleTextEditor and kin only).
/* Revision 1.1 2000/11/16 20:45:18 smullyan
/* the start of editor integration.