1. Timezones and daylight savings coderanch.com
Yesterday (Sunday) I had to rush into the office to trouble shoot a problem at a client site. Whenever they tried to save a record they would get a message saying that the record was locked (by them) and you can't save. I tracked it down to our locking logic. We get the date/time the user locks the record and store ...
2. TimeZone and Daylight Savings Time 2007 coderanch.com
We ran into an issue and I wanted to give everyone a heads up. If the timezone is defined as EST, MST, or HST, the behavior has changed. These 3 used to flip back and forth from standard time to daylight savings time. With the DST patch, these three now stay on standard time constantly.
3. Does Java TimeZone takes care of daylight savings? coderanch.com
Hi, In my application i need to show the date corresponding to the timezone of the user. I have written a function which will get Date from database and also users timezone. It then converts the given date to the user`s timezone. Now iam stuck whether TimeZone takes care of daylight savings or do i need to do some additional stuff ...
4. calculating time for different timezone, problems with daylight savings? forums.oracle.com
5. String.format %tz reporting incorrect time zone with daylight savings? forums.oracle.com
6. Daylight Savings Updation in java.util.TimeZone forums.oracle.com
I used the java.util.TimeZone for converting the local time to GMT time. I was getting the correct time conversion details. With respect to the Daylight savings for certain timezones, the util library was providing me correct details. However, certain countries have the option of changing the Daylight savings in future. So, in that case, how the Daylight Saving changes will be ...