- The abstract class 'Writer' defines a stream used for writing characters.
- OutputStreamWriter translates the characters into byte streams using a given character set.
- FileWriter is a child class of OutputStreamWriter that provides a convenient way to write characters to a file.
- When using FileWriter you are forced to output characters using the computer's encoding.
- A better alternative to FileWriter is PrintWriter.
- Writer deals with characters instead of bytes.
- Writer class has three write method overloads:
public void write (int b)
public void write (char text)
public void write (char text, int offset, int length)
public void write (String text)
public void write (String text, int offset, int length)