Using Display Class : Display « SWT « Java Tutorial
- Java Tutorial
The primary functions of Display instances are as follows:
- The Display object is the connection between the SWT and the underlying windowing system.
- Implementing the SWT event loop in terms of a platform event model
- Providing methods for accessing information about the operating system
- Managing operating system resources used by SWT
- Only a single Display instance is required in most SWT-based applications.
- The thread that creates the Display object is the event-loop thread (user-interface thread).