What are C Data Types
Introduction to Data Types
For each variable you have to attach some data type.
The data type defines:
- the amount of storage allocated to variables.
- the values that they can accept.
- the operations that can be performed on variables.
There is a family of integer data types and floating-point data types. Characters are stored internally as integers and are interpreted according to the character set.
The most commonly used character set is ASCII. In the ASCII character set, A is represented by the number 65.
All C data types
The following list have all data types in C.
- Basic type
- Standard and extended integer types
- Real and complex floating-point types
- Enumerated types
- The type void
- Derived types
- Pointer types
- Array types
- Structure types
- Union types
- Function types