1. Retrieving SQL enum causes java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Character cannot be cast to java.lang.String stackoverflow.com
I have a query like this
2. generating UUID but only for 8 characters stackoverflow.com
i want to generate UUID but of only 8 characters, as UUID is generated of 32 characters. Is it possible??
3. DB2 Character Datatype and JPA Not Working stackoverflow.com
I am working with DB2 Universal database having lots of tables with columns of datatype CHARACTER. Length of these columns is variable (greater than 1 e.g. 18). As i execute a ...
4. Where to setCharSet() for display Strings from UTF-8 files on JPanel stackoverflow.com
I'm reading a UTF-8 encoded text file via a JFileChooser and access the file's contents via BufferedReader.readLine. The values are saved in Strings which I display in a JTextField. My question ...
5. DB2 CHARACTER datatype issue in JPA coderanch.com
I am working with DB2 Universal database having lots of tables with columns of datatype CHARACTER. Length of these columns is variable (greater than 1 e.g. 18). As i execute a Native query using JPA it selects only first character of the column. Seems CHARACTER datatype is mapped to Java Character. How can i get full contents in DB column. I ...
6. Character is returned instead of String with native SQL forum.hibernate.org
I have the following problem. I wrote a small app which exports records as insert statements for an oracle database. As long as I use queries, which return just the columns, everything works fine and the type is properly determined. However, when I use constants in the query, then only the first character is returned as Character object instead of the ...
7. Problem de ClassCastException with Character and String forum.hibernate.org
Hi everyone , I m have a ClassCastException this is my dao Code: public List
8. Escaping characters in strings forum.hibernate.org
I am also having some difficulty using single and double quotes in HQL. What I have found (following Gavin's advice above) is that '' works only when the string is surrounded by ", and "" works only when the string is surrounded by '. Is it possible to write a query string that includes both ' and " ? It would ...
9. Issue with Character (SQL char) forum.hibernate.org
With hibernate 3 I have a mapping with a MySQL schema. The char(3) datatype fields (started as varchar(3) but converted internally to char(3)) are mapped with Hibernate tools to java.lang.Character, which is unfortunate. Also, if the field is null, even with not-null="false" in the mapping, I get: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 0 at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:558) at org.hibernate.type.CharacterType.get(CharacterType.java:28) at org.hibernate.type.NullableType.nullSafeGet(NullableType.java:77) at ...
10. DB2 "Character" data type forum.hibernate.org
11. how to Declare a java String of more than 5000000 characters forum.hibernate.org
Hi, Iam Using Hibernate 3 and PostgreSQL 8.1 as backend. I have written a class in java in which i have declared public String PhaseDescription = ""; The above line will create a feild in the Database table. It is creating a feild of length 255 only. How do i declare the below given declaration to create a feild of 500000 ...
12. Derby cant get CHAR from Character forum.hibernate.org
13. String can only have 255 characters forum.hibernate.org
Hi I used the search for this issue but I couldn't find anything that helped. My problem is that in my application the user can add comments for some objects and these can be pretty long. I am getting a DataException saying that it was not possible to split up the string. What can I do to fix this? Thx
14. Strange problem with clob when size > 4000 characters forum.hibernate.org
Newbie Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:54 am Posts: 7 Need help with Hibernate? Read this first: http://www.hibernate.org/ForumMailingli ... AskForHelp Hibernate version: 3.2 Mapping documents: WorkflowAction.hbm.xml
15. Returns only the first character of a db column type char(8) forum.hibernate.org
Database using: SQLserver 2005 Hibernate Version: 3.2.5 Problem Description: We have a USER table with following columns 1) UserId char(8) 2) UserFName varchar(30) 3)USerLName varchar(30) List result = hibernateSession.createSQLQuery(" from USER where UserId = 'abcd' ").list(); Above query is working fine and I getting the result. List result = hibernateSession.createSQLQuery("select UserId from USER ").list(); this is returning only the first character ...
16. Database char(8) returning Character forum.hibernate.org
I am trying to use SQLQuery and we have a column that is a char(8) and our internal mappings map it to a java.lang.String. I am trying to do a fetch using the SQLQuery object and it is only returning the first character of the char field. Is there a way to return the whole column and not just the first ...
17. Oracle Char(15) return me the first character forum.hibernate.org