1. EJB3 and JPA coderanch.com
I have a question... I am not sure whether my question is right or not, but It is making me to think. Hence asking We have Java Persistence API which is defined in the javax.persistence package. then, 1) why we need EJB3, Hibernate to achieve persistence in Java. 2) How to write a code which achives persistence without using EJB3, Hibernate? ...
2. difference between hibernate and ejb coderanch.com
not really, Hibernate is just a persistence framework, where you map beans to DB tables, however EJB is much bigger than hibernate and it mainly consists of: 1) persistence layer which are named entity beans. 2) session beans, which contain the business of your operations. 3) message driven beans which are used for Java Messaging. in addition EJB forces the container ...
3. EJB + JPA coderanch.com
I'm trying to run a MDB that will persist an simple entity that I've already got to persist in a standalone application, using exactly the same entities, but when I try to persist I got an error message, the message say: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: 'DTYPE' is not a column in table or VTI 'APP.POSITION'. Error Code: -1 Call: INSERT INTO POSITION (DTYPE) VALUES ...
4. EJB or Hibernate coderanch.com
5. EJB3 and JPA coderanch.com
JPA is a standard and is a part of EJB3 specification. Hibernate is a persistence framework which implements JPA standard. Is possible to have EJB3 components and not use JPA, but that means you will not use Entity Beans (which is in fact JPA). So, either you use Entity Beans (JPA) and Hibernate configured as the JPA implementation (JPA annotations and ...
6. Need a little help with EJB, jBoss and Hibernate coderanch.com
7. Problem -EJB3+JPA+HIbernate coderanch.com
8. EJB and hibernate --same or different coderanch.com
9. EJB 2.0 EJB 3.0 Hibernate Architectural Desicion coderanch.com
You are mixing up different things... Leaving out EJB 2.0 (which is quite old and not worth using anymore) you mentioned EJB3 and Hibernate as alternatives. They are no alternatives! If you talk about EJB3 and persistence you talk about JPA which is a specification. So if you decide to use EJB3.0/JPA you have to decide which JPA-provider you use. Hibernate ...
10. EJB with Hibernate coderanch.com
I have the configured session management still doesnt work. here is the hibernate.cfg.xml
11. Development method for EJB & JPA coderanch.com
12. EJB 2.0 with Hibernate? coderanch.com
13. EJB 3.0 and Hibernate coderanch.com