1. Hibernate Criteria: Return different entity type than rooted entity? stackoverflow.com
I have entities similar to:
What I'd like to do is: for each product line, get the latest content (so if theres two content entries ...
2. Best type for IP-address in Hibernate Entity? stackoverflow.com
What is the best type for storing IP-addresses in a database using Hibernate? I though Byte or String, but is there a better way, or what do you use?
3. Hibernate Criteria - how to limit join results to a single entity type? stackoverflow.com
Ok, so the following query:
can be done with Criteria as follows:
4. nhibernate transform an entity from one type to the other: how to handle collections? stackoverflow.com
I have a very similar situation to what's described in this question:
5. JPA different tables, same entity-type coderanch.com
I am pretty new to JPA, and I have run into a problem where we have several tables with entities of the same type. Example: Tables: Itemtable2002 Itemtable2003 Itemtable2004 Itemtable2005 Itemtable2006 Itemtableybly (last year) Itemtable (this year) Entity for all is "Item"(same columns for all, but different data). What I need to do, is to allow the user to choose what ...
7. Configuration Listener for specific entity type forum.hibernate.org
Hi everyone, I'm trying to configure my listener by type of an Entity My current configuration :
8. Changing type of persisted entity? forum.hibernate.org
Hoping for a bit of design help here. This is what I have: class File; // info about a file, including its location on disk class ImageFile extends File; // adds info on format, size etc some memory holding the contents of a nameless file. This is what I want to do 1) Construct a File and persist it in order ...
9. Enumeration Tables, User Types, and Entity Types forum.hibernate.org
10. Multiple entities with collections of the same entity type forum.hibernate.org
Beginner Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:14 am Posts: 49 Hibernate Version: 3.0 We have three persistent classes, P1, P2, and Description. P1 and P2 both have a collection of Description entities. This setup works fine if we define our mappings like this: Code:
11. any types cannot be stringified in DOM4J Entity Model forum.hibernate.org
Hibernate version: 3.0.5 Mapping documents:
12. instance not of expected entity type??? forum.hibernate.org
I have two trees for project objects. One lightweigt and one Full version. When I load the LightweightProjekts tree the exceptions "HibernateException: instance not of expected entity type" occurs when I want update an full ProjektStruktur object. If I don't load the LightweightProjekts tree, I can update an ProjektStruktur object. I load the the first tree with the light projects in ...
13. new bee changing the type of a entity forum.hibernate.org
I have table called organization this has a column which determines type of organization so we created abstract organization and different implementations based on type . now suppose i want to change the type what's the best way to handle this , right now Organization TypeA TypeB I call findbyId method on organizationService this returns instance of TypeA now I want ...
14. Change DTYPE to switch Entity types forum.hibernate.org
I am using JPA w/Hibernate. Let's say I have a TrialUser entity and a PayingUser entity. I am using the discriminator column strategy to handle inheritance. When a TrialUser buys a membership, I want to convert them to a PayingUser entity. I've discovered that the best way to do this is to simply change the DTYPE column manually from TrialUser to ...
15. Nested criterias and entity type forum.hibernate.org
My model has two class hierarchies: A2 extends A1 A3 extends A2 and B2 extends B1 B3 extends B2 There is a relation from A1 to B1 named "b", Set
16. Entity with multiple variables of the same embedable type forum.hibernate.org
After a bit more research I was able to find a solution. It turns out you can override the column definitions. Doing so seems to make hibernate and the database schema happy. I found the information at http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/ias/toplink/jpa/resources/toplink-jpa-annotations.html#Embedded. In case anyone is curious here's what my class B now looks like as a result. Code: @Entity @Table(name = "table_b") public class ...