1. How do you programmatically turn off eager fetching with hibernate? stackoverflow.com
I have in my mapping an association to an eagerly loaded collection (lazy="false" fetch="subselect"). How can I turn that off programmatically with Hibernate when I do a query? Thanks
2. fetch="subselect" and fetch="join" not working as expected with HQL coderanch.com
I have a contact and address entities where contact has 1-to-many relationship with address I am trying to fetch all the addresses for all contacts in minimum sqls. I read the chapter 13(optimizing fetching and caching) of Java persistence with hibernate. It specifies 3 possible solutions: 1. Using batch-size 2. Using fetch="subselect" 3. Using fetch = "join" Below is my java ...
3. Subselect fetch and query named parameters problem forum.hibernate.org
Hi! I'm trying to use subselect fetching for one-to-many collections. It works fine for loading single objects. But if I trying to use object with subselect fetch collection in query with named parameters, collection loading fails with rror "org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - Parameter #1 has not been set." Detailed information: I'm using Hibernate 3.0.5 Mapping document: Code:
4. Subselect fetch returns incorrect result. forum.hibernate.org
5. Using subselect fetch in hql queries forum.hibernate.org
Hibernate version: 3.0.5 Hi, My entity has an association that I wish to be lazy as default, so in the mapping file no eager fetching is set for this association. But, I have a query (using HQL) that wants to load everything and I want to specify eager fetching for that query only. Join wont help me much, since the association ...
6. Why does Subselect Fetching not work as advertised. forum.hibernate.org
I tried to enable subselect fetching on a many-to-one association and got this message: org.hibernate.AnnotationException: Use of FetchMode.SUBSELECT not allowed on ToOne associations The documentation, however states that: 19.1.6. Using subselect fetching If one lazy collection or single-valued proxy has to be fetched, Hibernate loads all of them, re-running the original query in a subselect. This works in the same way ...
7. How to do fetch="subselect" in HQL or Criteria? forum.hibernate.org
I have one object (Point) with two one-to-many relationships. When I set lazy="false" for both relationships as below Code:
8. subselect fetch for many-to-many forum.hibernate.org
I have such mapping:
9. Criteria query using subselect fetch method forum.hibernate.org
Dear users, I would like to use subselect fetch mode to avoid a cartesian product during a Criteria query. I read informations about this problem in the "Java Persistence with Hibernate" book and I first thought i found the solution on page 588 (The cartesian product problem) but it finally seems it does not work as expected. I'm trying to fetch ...
10. How does exactly subselect fetching work? Help!No doc found! forum.hibernate.org
Hi, What is the exact algorithm for fetch=subselect? I searched through the manual and javadoc but the explanations are quite vague. I have a "Node.translations" one-to-many relationship defined with fetch=subselect. i fetch a lot of nodes in one session using a lot of Restrictions.in(id,nodeIds) criterias. When I then access the relation "Node.translations" on one of the nodes for the first time ...
11. Fetch Join / SUBSELECT doesn't work forum.hibernate.org
12. Subselect when fetching parallel collections forum.hibernate.org
Hibernate version: Hibernate for EJB3, on JBoss, with SQL Server. I'm facing a problem similar to that in the JPWH book (page 588-589): our "User" entity retrieves several collections in a many-to-many relationship, and as a result we're getting multiple left outer joins, i.e. a Cartesian product. The book suggests using a subselect strategy, but I've not been able to make ...