1. Mixing EJB 2.x BMP entity beans with Hibernate 3.x stackoverflow.com
I have a large application that uses EJB 2.x entity beans (BMP). This is well-known to be a horrible persistence strategy (I can elaborate if necessary). I'd like to start migrating this ...
2. JPA - Unknown entity bean class stackoverflow.com
Hopefully, I can explain this issue properly. I have 3 classes that deals with my entities.
3. EJB3 Business Logic Patterns & Practices stackoverflow.com
I'm in the process of developing a multi-tiered financial processing application in Java using EJB3 (Hibernate + Glassfish for the app and web services layer, Lift on Glassfish for the web ...
4. How to create project in WebLogic Workshop with support for JPA entity beans? stackoverflow.com
How to create a project in WebLogic Workshop (version 10.3) with support for JPA entity beans? I am trying create a separate EJB and EJBClient projects in Workshop and EJB3 session beans ...
5. Migrating EJB2.x BMP entity beans stackoverflow.com
We use EJB2.x entity beans with BMP (bean managed persistence). It appears BMP is not supported in EJB3. We had wanted to stay current and upgrade to EJB3. ...
6. How do I select a collection of entities and pass it to a bean as a parameter using EJBQL? stackoverflow.com
I'm doing some weird reporting from a JPA data store. I need to select (using EJBQL) a list of objects. These objects contain collection of entities. I have a class that is ...
7. Hibernate/JPA - annotating bean methods vs fields stackoverflow.com
I have a simple question about usage of Hibernate. I keep seeing people using JPA annotations in one of two ways by annotating the fields of a class and also ...
8. Change the way Entity Bean values are viewed by using own annotations stackoverflow.com
We have tables with legacy columns where SpecialStrings are stored. These SpecialStrings can't be NULL and they instead equal to some
9. Auto-Generating EJB3 Entity Beans stackoverflow.com
I would like to know if there are any tools to automatically generate EJB3 Entity Beans(for JPA) from a database schema. Thanks.
10. Exclude entity bean attributes from hibernate query? stackoverflow.com
I'm new to this hibernate/jpa stuff so bear with me.. I've generated an entity bean and it works fine, but I would like to add some extra attributes to it and ...
11. translating outer join SQL query into EJB entity beans stackoverflow.com
I'm new to EJB and trying to get my head around translating SQL concepts to EJB entity beans. Suppose I have two tables: PEOPLE (id, name), CONTACT(pid, phone_number). If ...
12. Possible to get CMP for EJB entities without using session beans? stackoverflow.com
Newbie to EJB, exploring CMP and trying to figure out the angles... I'm using Weblogic 10.3. I've created entities, utilized them from a session bean via JPA and called the session ...
13. Hibernate cascade delete not working when removing element of recreated bean stackoverflow.com
Supposing these are my parent and my child objects: Parent:
14. Cross field validation with Hibernate Validator (JSR 303) stackoverflow.com
Is there an implementation of (or third-party implementation for) cross field validation in Hibernate Validator 4.x? If not, what is the cleanest way to implement a cross field validator? As an example, ...
15. JPA validation strategy stackoverflow.com
NetBeans let me choose between three values for the JPA validation strategy: Auto, Callback and None. What does "Auto" mean? Does "Callback" mean the use of @PrePersist, @PreUpdate, and @PreRemove? Is there ...
16. Is it okay to pass injected EntityManagers to EJB bean's helper classes and use it? stackoverflow.com
We have some JavaEE5 stateless EJB bean that passes the injected EntityManager to its helpers. Is this safe? It has worked well until now, but I found out some Oracle ...
17. struts 2 bean is not created stackoverflow.com
At first some precondition to my question, I'm using struts2 + tiles2 + toplink. NO spring at all. The simplest scenario - is to display list of entities on the page. To ...
18. Are there any modeling tools that can visually generate jpa or sql queries? stackoverflow.com
19. How do I import javax.validation into my Java SE project? stackoverflow.com
I'm trying to add constraints checking, as described here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2705759/how-to-specify-the-cardinality-of-a-onetomany-in-eclipselink-jpa
20. Hibernate @OneToOne @NotNull stackoverflow.com
Is it valid to declare
21. How can I validate two or more fields in combination? stackoverflow.com
I'm using JPA 2.0/Hibernate validation to validate my models. I now have a situation where the combination of two fields has to be validated:
23. "Dynamic" java validation framework? stackoverflow.com
AFAIK JSR-303 is the standard bean validation system. I don't know whether it could do validations like this (I guess no):
24. Hibernate Beans generator stackoverflow.com
Does anybody know if there is any program able to create beans classes from a SQL file ? Thank you.
25. Java EE 6 + JPA - Exception: Message Driven Bean cant be managed bean stackoverflow.com
I create an
26. Hibernate: Mixing dynamic (Map-based) and static (Bean-based) mapping stackoverflow.com
I'm working on a program to store and manage test results. Tests have properties like date, duration, and also results. However, some tests measure pressure, others temperature... I hope you get ...
27. Safe to store reference to Entity Bean after session ends? stackoverflow.com
This is a pretty newbie question- please know I'm aware of that. I have a stateless session bean that needs to load up some data once and cache it locally in a ...
28. bean userList not found within scope, after some test of login functionality with Jmeter stackoverflow.com
I have a web app (using Hibernate, and I cannot avoid that because is one of the point of the exam test ) for a university project in wich I need ...
29. Guice dependency injection for entity beans? stackoverflow.com
For a rich domain driven design I want to use Guice dependency injection on JPA/Hibernate entity beans. I am looking for a similar solution as the Spring @configurable annotation for non-Spring ...
30. Given a java object can I confirm its a bean persist-able by hibernate stackoverflow.com
there are times when I want to pass in an object to say an Auditing layer whose sole job is to persist the entities (no matter what type) , but since ...
31. JPA2 on Tomcat - possible? stackoverflow.com
I'd like to use JPA along with Bean Validation, so JPA 2.0 sounds like what I need. I'm running my web application on Tomcat 6. Is Tomcat able to use ...
32. How do you turn off Hibernate bean validation with JPA 1.0? stackoverflow.com
How do you turn off bean validation with Hibernate 3.x in a JPA 1.0 environment? I tried several things with persistence.xml:
33. Unique constraint with JPA and Bean Validation stackoverflow.com
I'd like to have a
34. hibernate validator stackoverflow.com
I'd like to use hibernate (orm) together with hibernate validator. Within the documentation we can find the following:
Out of the box, Hibernate Annotations (as of Hibernate 3.5.x) will ...
35. Unidirectional Relationship in Entity-Bean (JPA) stackoverflow.com
How to make Unidirectional Relationship in EJB 3.0 Entity-Beans (JPA)? For example Customer know about Order but Order has not any method for Customer. using (@OneToMany or @OneToOne or @ManyToMany) Regards
36. Stop Hibernate from creating not-null constraints stackoverflow.com
Is there a way to stop Hibernate from creating not-null constraints for properties annotated with
37. Using stateless EJB beans in an Entity Bean stackoverflow.com
Obviously using stateless EJB beans in an entity bean smells, but please consider a scenario as follows and tell me if you know of a better solution:
38. How can I apply a @NotNull constraint to all fields in a class using javax.validation? stackoverflow.com
I'm using the hibernate implementation of the javax.validation and would like to know how whether anyone has been able to apply the @NotNull constraint annotation to all fields of a class, ...
39. Why session bean method throw EjbTransactionRolledbackException when RuntimeException was thrown stackoverflow.com
I am trying to persist the entity with constraint validation,
when invoke persist - there is constraint that thrown and the caller get
40. Deep copying of EJB Entity beans with relations stackoverflow.com
What I have is an entity bean e.g.
41. How to use or annotate a dummy field in a JPA entity bean which is not supposed to be persisted in database stackoverflow.com
I have this code for login validation using a Struts2 action class which calls an EJB for LDAP validation and then if (LDAP credentials) validated, querying the user database to get ...
42. Hibernate Validation of Collections of Primitives stackoverflow.com
I want to be able to do something like:
In other words, I want each item in the list to be validated as an email address. ...
43. Unknown entity bean class after hot deploy: netbeans 6.9 + glassfish 2.1 + eclipselink jpa 2.0 stackoverflow.com
When I deploy my app, it works perfectly until I make a change, save, and netbeans hot deploys the application. At this point I get an unknown entity bean class error ...
44. hibernate validator: validate 2 fields match stackoverflow.com
I was wondering, am I overlooking something or does the hibernate validator offer no annotation to verify that 2 fields are equal (such as a password). I know I can write my ...
45. querying a table using JPA and populating a bean corresopind to a table stackoverflow.com
I have a project already developed using java,jsp and JPA (open jpa).Now i want to add a new API to retrieve data from DB.Am not much familiar with JPA.Now i want ...
46. Entity bean not bound when use both EJB 2 and JPA stackoverflow.com
I am using JPA with Hibernate implementation and EJB 2.1 in my project (a Spring + Hibernate project). After I deployed my project to JBoss 6.0 CR1 the server log said:
47. Empty validatedBy in @Constraint stackoverflow.com
I noticed that all built-in constraints have an empty value for the
48. JSR 303 - Composition Constraint stackoverflow.com
How do I execute a
49. JSR-303: Yet Another Cross-field Validation Problem stackoverflow.com
I have a
50. Hibernate Persistence problems with Bean Mapping (Dozer) stackoverflow.com
I am using Hibernate 3, and having a particular issue when persisting a new Entity which has an association with an existing detached entity. Easiest way to explain this ...
51. java hibernate CLASS is not a bean stackoverflow.com
This is the ...
52. javax.validation: Receive an error 'No validator could be found for type:' stackoverflow.com
Framework: JQuery, Spring, Hibernate, Hibernate Validator(JSR-303 Bean Validation)
53. Hibernate - fetch by bean stackoverflow.com
When things are simple I want to work with beans(Entities) and not ...
54. Bean Validation: Receive EntityNotFoundException though have a constraint to validate entity stackoverflow.com
Technologies: Spring, Hibernate, JSR-303, JQuery
55. Hibernate: org.hibernate.AssertionFailure: null id in com.xxx.Bean entry stackoverflow.com
I was faced to the following error:
56. Debugging Hibernate "Session is closed!" - abuse of SSBs? stackoverflow.com
(First of all, this is not my code. Secondly, to protect the guilty, I have changed the class names to hide anything specific to my employer, so if things don't correspond ...
57. Better logging of Hibernate JPA bean validation stackoverflow.com
I must be missing something but its very hard to figure out what actually failed JPA validation for hibernate. When validation fail for JPA annotations in hibernate you get an exception ...
58. JPA 2 + 'conditional' validation group? stackoverflow.com
I have a dummy JPA Entity to demonstrate my need:
As i understand it, i ...
59. Bean Validation + Resource Bundle ideas? stackoverflow.com
Here is what i want to be able to do with bean validation in my JPA entities :
60. JPA Entitites's Bean Validation messages as Resource Bundle? stackoverflow.com
Does Bean Validation with JPA entity has the integrated feature of making use of the resourcebundle just like the BV in JSF ? And if it can, can i parameterize the ...
61. Hibernate Annotations - How do I exclude a bean´s field from mapping? stackoverflow.com
I´ve got a bean containing some fields, and two of them are not intended to be mapped by hibernate (errorStatus and operationResultMessage). How do I tell Hibernate (via annotations) that I ...
62. Why is the Bean validator throwing ConstraintViolationException on the not nullable but auto-generated id field? stackoverflow.com
ENTITY CLASS :
63. Java - Merge Hibernate beans/entities - before saveOrUpdate stackoverflow.com
64. Setting a bean value (column) automatically before persisting in Hibernate? stackoverflow.com
Is there a nice and elegant way to set a bean value (column) before Hibernate persists an entity? Basically I have a field called "modification_date". It's on a bunch of entities. ...
65. The 'correct' way to instantiate JPA manager bean? stackoverflow.com
I'm using IBM RAD to develop some JPA entities, and from those, corresponding JPA Manager Beans. Manager beans (which are generated by RAD) have the following member:
I'm not sure ...
66. Entity Beans in the jmx-console? stackoverflow.com
Is it possible to view entity beans with the jmx-console? If so, how?
67. How to map a stateful ejb 3.1 session bean using JPA stackoverflow.com
I have a doubt on how to represent my database using JPA annotations with hibernate. It's a very simple webapp representing an online library. I have a stateful session bean that allows ...
68. Is possible to insert a denormalized bean with Hibernate? stackoverflow.com
I have one bean like:
69. How do you get the Property Paths from a Class level Annotation violation stackoverflow.com
I'm using Hibernate Validator. I have a Class level annotation. It compares three properties for equality. When the validation is performed I need to get the PropertyPaths from ...
70. Client (Tomcat) calls Stateless Session Bean (JBoss), how to handle Client Identifier stackoverflow.com
we have the following setup:
71. JPA 2 Entity Bean primary Key Required? stackoverflow.com
I'm trying to create an entity bean but Netbeans IDE complains Entity Bean cannot be generated because there is no primary key so I want to know if a primary key ...
72. How to set bean created and updated variables when mapping between JPA and DTO using Dozer? stackoverflow.com
I am currently using dozer to map Jpa Entities to DTOs. Most of these beans share common properties that are used for auditing such as CreatedBy, UpdatedBy, CreatedDate, UpdatedDate. These beans ...
73. Thread Safe Stateless Session Bean stackoverflow.com
I wonder what's the best practice to make a db update thread safe. I am calling a stateless session bean's
public void addReservation(Reservation reservation)Before adding this reservation - I ...
74. Get hold of a JDBC Connection object from a Stateless Bean stackoverflow.com
In a Stateless Session Bean an
75. How to auto generate the timestamp in a entity bean in hibernate? stackoverflow.com
How does one auto generate the timestamp in a entity bean in hibernate?
76. Java JSR-303 Bean Validation - implementation comparison stackoverflow.com
I'm looking into adding JSR-303 validation to an application and I'm down to two options:
77. Can I implement Hibernate (JSR 303) method validation with apache wink (JAX/RS) stackoverflow.com
I am currently investigating using the hibernate validators support for Method validation using JSR 303 annotations. An initial attempt tried to wrap the resources with a proxy (generated using cglib) that ...
78. Hibernate Validator - @Length - How to specify separate message for min and max? stackoverflow.com
I am using Hibernate validator for form validation in my web-app. I am using the @Length annotation for my String attribute as follows:
79. How to add fields to EJB CMP entity bean automatically? stackoverflow.com
We have a data model that contains large amount of columns in few key tables. Now I'd need to add corresponding mappings for them to EJB 3.x CMP entity beans. Because ...
80. Can Hibernate Validator 3.x coexist with 4.x? stackoverflow.com
Can Hibernate Validator version 3.x (proprietary) coexist with version 4.x (JSR-303 compliant) in the same application server lib? I'm using JBoss 4.2.3.
81. JSR-303 and JPA overlapping stackoverflow.com
I already use JPA annotations, now I'd like to use JSR-303 annotations to validate attributes as well.
My questions is, how well do they interact with each other?
82. Multiple beans validation inside containing bean with different group interfaces stackoverflow.com
I have problem with validation a very specific beans. Let me give you some code first:
83. CMP entity bean in OpenEJB (OpenJPA?) stackoverflow.com
I try to run an old EJB2 system on OpenEJB and it uses Entity Bean to access database. Current status is I can run it and can send SQL to Oracle ...
84. Can @Size hibernate annotation be inherited? stackoverflow.com
I am trying to use hibernate validation to check size of a list. in general I want the list to be empty, unless it is an object of type
85. How to log bean validation (jsr-303) messages when using log4j and hibernate validator? stackoverflow.com
I am not sure how to log bean validation messages when using log4j and hibernate validator. I tried using a "org.hibernate.validator" category in log4j resulting in a runtime exception... I also tried using ...
86. Hibernate validator error messages file name stackoverflow.com
Can the ValidationMessages.properties file name changed to a different file name while using hibernate validator in JSF 2.0?
87. How can I generate Jaxb-XML-Beans from hibernate mapping file? stackoverflow.com
I want to generate XML Jaxb-classes (like here enter link description here) from hibernate mapping file (hbm.xml). So is there a chance to do that with the hibernate-Tool hbm2java ...
88. JAXb, Hibernate and beans stackoverflow.com
Currently I am working on a project with Spring web-service, hibernate and JAXb. 1) I have generated hibernate beans using IDE 'hibernate code generation, 2) also, I have generated the jaxb beans ...
89. Hibernate 3.6.6.Final (JBoss 6.1) merge() transient object tree stackoverflow.com
I try to save an object tree with Hibernate's merge() method. Entity
90. JSR 303 - Hibernate Validation 4.2.0 - UnexpectedTypeException - @Valid and @Size in combination stackoverflow.com
I have strange behaviour using Hibernate Validator (JSR 303) and annotating a property of type java.util.List Following Code Base:
91. Inject session bean into Entity stackoverflow.com
i'm writing a JEE6 application using EJB3.1, CDI and the persistent domain object pattern. In some cases i need so have an instance of an session bean inside an entity (jpa2.0). Injecting it ...
92. PersistenceContext of Named bean which is injected in Stateless EJB is null stackoverflow.com
This does not work, but I don't know why? DAO
93. JPA entity bean "cannot be added because it does not have a primary key." forums.netbeans.org
Hello, some one know why netbeans 6.7.1 dosen't allow me to create Entity Class From Database with the wizard? Hi say "cannot be added because it does not have a primary ...
94. Hibernate One-To-Many Mapping Works in HQL Browser but Not in Bean Getter forums.netbeans.org
I've already posted this on StackOverflow, so feel free to respond there as well: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5364492/why-does-my-one-to-many-hibernate-attribute-get-method-return-an-empty-collecti I've setup a "one-to-many"/"many-to-one" bi-directional Hibernate mapping relationship for a User class and a Pet class (for a pet store-themed academic web project). Each User owns collection of pets. It seems the relationship is working fine, because when I execute a query to select the first ...
95. Just a thanks to NB staff for the JPA Entity bean creator (suggestion) forums.netbeans.org
I've used Eclipse's Dali thing to create JPA Entity beans from our DB tables, and it drastically pales in comparison to NetBeans auto-generation tool. Awesome job! I'm not sure what forum I should post suggestions in, but my only recommendations would be: 1) Let me modify the template so I can tweak the toString, equals, and hashCode methods. I use some ...
96. Hibernate Validator on non-entity seam backing beans seamframework.org
I do and am having the same problem. My globalMethods.invalid is NOT being called which would set the global messages to be displayed like the booking example. It gets to the apply request values phase and then for some reason skips all the other until render response. It does not hit the validation phase which I find weird, but still, shouldn't ...
97. [jira] Created: (WW-2563) Improve Validation - Add Support for Bean Validation API (JSR 303) / Hibernate Validator struts.1045723.n5.nabble.com
Improve Validation - Add Support for Bean Validation API (JSR 303) / Hibernate Validator ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Key: WW-2563 URL: https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-2563 ...
98. Struts2+Spring2 Beans+Hibernate struts.1045723.n5.nabble.com
Alright ... I know this will be a n00b question, but let me state first: 1) I am a senior J2EE Engineer using JDK 1.6 and the latest J2EE api's 2) On Resin 3.1.2 on Linux 3) Yes, I did go through Google and tried to find answers on the Net before I came here. 4) Yes, I have programmed in ...
99. Hibernate Query question, entity beans.. coderanch.com
I'm learing Hibernate and its been great fun until now. Please bare with me if I post naive questions: 'Detached Objects'...Why cant we have this feature with EJB Local objects!!. So even within the same VM I end up creating value objects that look similar to the local objects. Anyways coming to my problem, Say i have to represent a tree: ...
100. is hibernate a alternative for Entity bean?? coderanch.com
Originally posted by Gavin King: Instance pooling is a misfeature, actually. Your JVM can pool memory much more effectively than your application server can, and you shouldn't acquire references to heavyweight resources in entity objects. (The original EJB specs were written when Java garbage collection was much more expensive than it is today.)