1. Defines JPA behavior for setting same value again? stackoverflow.com
I wonder, if there is any definition by JPA for the behavior, if you setting equals value for any property. I didn't find any words in the specification. I've tested with TopLink ...
2. Hibernate: Adding versioning to a non versioned DB stackoverflow.com
I created a db some time ago using hibernate (JPA), however I didn't included @version fields for any entities. Turns out that this project became something important and now I need to ...
3. Versioning in Hibernate's optimistic locking stackoverflow.com
I'm new to Hibernate, and i'm trying to understand @Version annotation. In all examples I've seen it looks like I should provide special column in each table of my database. Am ...
4. Hibernate OptimisticLockType.ALL Versioning stackoverflow.com
Hi guys how i can use OptimisticLockType.ALL, i have tryed using it but seems to be ignored? this is my hibernate setting:
5. Hibernate Optimistic Locking Version overflow stackoverflow.com
I am using hibernate and a version column is provided for the hibernate locking purposes. The problem is that the app will update an entry often enough that the Java's
6. Using Hibernate Versioning in a middle class of a hierarchy stackoverflow.com
I want to use Hibernate Versioning in my application but I have a problem in a class hierarchy like this : C extends B and B extends A. I want to use version ...
7. hibernate versioning vs locking coderanch.com
I'm writing a hibernate application and I'm using hibernates automatic version checking to ensure that my transactions are properly isolated from each other. I'm doing this by adding the version property in all of my classes. Is this enough or do I also need to set an isolation level in my application? For example hibernate.connection.isolation = 4 I like automatic version ...
8. Optimistic Locking without @Version forum.hibernate.org
Hi I need to implement the optimistic locking without the use of the @Version annotation since I have a legacy database schema here. I looked at the documentation and the book and found a way to do this. But it only applies to one table. I need it to be able to notice when two threads (users) are working with object ...
9. Versioning and transaction advise forum.hibernate.org
Hi all! Im looking for some advice: Automatic versioning is easy to configure and works great (I get the StaleObjectException when I should). Trouble is I've designed an app which has high concurrency and Im not sure if optimistic locking is the way to go... I have a an object graph of three different objetcts A->B->C ( -> denotes composition) and ...
10. Using Version for Optimisitic Locking - db requierments forum.hibernate.org
11. Optimistic Locking w/o Versioning forum.hibernate.org
I'm presently working on the development of a persistence layer for a legacy database system. The layer must implement optimistic locking, and as in section 10.4.2 of the reference manual, each interaction with the persistent store must occur in a new Session with the same persistent instances. Unfortunately, due to a number of constraints, I cannot modify the database to add ...
12. Version number in optimistic locking scenario not updated forum.hibernate.org
Context: Hibernate 2.1.4, JBoss 3.2.3 environment In my code below, I can successfully update an existing object and also create new objects. However my version column is not being updated and stays at zero. My mapping for the version column: Code:
13. optimistic locking using version seems dangerous forum.hibernate.org
14. version rollback on transaction.rollback() error forum.hibernate.org
15. Optimistic Lock using Version causes error on persist forum.hibernate.org
Hibernate version:3.1.rc1 I have a domain object called product that uses OptimisticLockType.VERSION, with a column of type @Version. This product domain object has a reference to OrderLineItem via a many-to-one relationship. When I try to create a OrderLineItem I get the following error: not-null property references a null value. Here is a snippet of the code: OrderLineItem lineItem = new OrderLineItem(); ...
16. Optimistic Locking with stored version forum.hibernate.org
I'm trying to use Hibernate optimistic locking (version) with Spring. I don't save any Hibernate session or detached object in httpSession. I stored my object id and version in html page as hidden fields and when I update the object, I get the object from Hibernate and set the version to the version I stored as a hidden field. The optimistic ...
17. jta.jar version in Hibernate 3.0.5 forum.hibernate.org
18. object version checking w/o transactions? forum.hibernate.org
If the code your working with is making changes to a persistent object, you need a transaction irrespective of weather or not a version ID is used. It is even more true when a version ID is being used. Weather it be JTA, or a Hibernate transaction, a transaction will be required. Ryan-
19. Version does not seem to reset after Rollback forum.hibernate.org
20. Problem with implementing Optimistic Locking with version forum.hibernate.org
As I am implementing Optimistic locking using version number. I added the
21. Versioning (optimistic locking) forum.hibernate.org
Hi! I am having a strange problem when adding a version to a domain object operated by Hibernate. In other objects (where this is successful), the only modification which is done is editing the mapping document, but with this particular object this does not work. I am expecting that hibernate throws an exception if the version of the updated object does ...
22. Optimistic Locking issue with
23. concurrency refactoring with versions forum.hibernate.org
24. Optimistic Lock: How to get back the new version? forum.hibernate.org
Hi, I have an application where a Java Swing Client can do several updates on an object graph of entities. All entities have an optimistic locking version number. So, when i do an update on the server, I want to return to the client new version of each updatet entity. I thought that simply flushing the transaction and re-reading the object ...
25. Optimistic lock without version element forum.hibernate.org
26. Optimistic locking: MVCC vs Hibernate versioning forum.hibernate.org
Pessimistic locking approach in our 4 years old web application has worked its time. We definitely need to migrate to an optimitic approach. While reading the few threads about MVCC, I realized most of them are 2 to 4 years old. And none would give a clear explanation about what to consider when trying to choose between Hibernate versioning or DBMS ...