1. Where JSF and struts2 fails/goods stackoverflow.com
I am begining a web system and can't decide what technology use! Struts2 and JSF (with jboss seam) are a nice choices, but I can't decide which's better. In JSF have ...
2. environment awareness (project stage in JSF) struts.1045723.n5.nabble.com
2008/6/27 James Holmes <[hidden email]>: > http://blogs.sun.com/rlubke/entry/jsf_2_0_new_feature2> > I like it. This is one of the features of RoR that I really found useful. > > Anyone else had thoughts of doing something like this for Struts 2? I hope that my answer is not a flamebait, but I think that this feature is pretty lame. I think that it can ...
3. Equivalent of immediate="true" in JSF struts.1045723.n5.nabble.com
4. Integrating Struts2 and JSF struts.1045723.n5.nabble.com
Hi, I am kind of Newbie to Struts2 and JSF. I am trying to call a JSF page from Struts2. For this, I am using JSF plugin and followed the showcase example given in the site, which is not quite clear to me. Can anyone help me with this by letting me know about what exact changes should I need ...
5. Is Struts still a better choice over JSF as on today ? struts.1045723.n5.nabble.com
Hi All, Just thought of taking your opinions. Will you consider Struts to be a better choice today compared to JSF ? Especially, given the fact that JSF has better controller flexibility, event handling capability and ease of development using a RAD tool ? Regards, Sourav **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer ***************** This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for ...
6. Struts vs JSF newbie questions struts.1045723.n5.nabble.com
Hi, I am still in my quest to understand J2EE technologies. Today, I am reading about JSF. My questions are: i) I understand that in JSF, you have to define a navigation model from pages to pages. Therefore, it means that JSF is incompatible with Struts, correct? It is an either/or situation, one has to make a choice, correct? ii) Or ...
7. STRUTS with JSF struts.1045723.n5.nabble.com
8. Struts2 vs JSF struts.1045723.n5.nabble.com
hi there i am a webwork user, and now because WW become S2, so i am part of this community, and honestly i am blank of S1 :) and i got Matt's comparison here, and i think that will be awesome if we can share it here. I found that like it or not, JSF have a lot of promotion esp ...
9. jsf x struts coderanch.com
10. JSF & Struts 2gether in Jetspeed coderanch.com
11. Using Struts and JSF At the Same Time. Possible? coderanch.com
I think that JSF 1.0 and Struts could be made to work together - there's an article on Struts, JSF and Tiles at IBM DeveloperWorks. But I don't think it works with the current JSF architecture. Probably a year or so from now we expect the Struts Project Shale to join the two again, but at the moment, I don't think ...
12. JSF and Jakarta Struts coderanch.com
13. JSF vs Struts coderanch.com
14. JSF or STRUTS !!??? coderanch.com
madhucm Welcome to Javaranch. We don't have too many rules around here but we do have a Naming Policy. Please read this and adjust your display name accordingly. Thanks. As to your question, I don't think anyone can tell you which one to use. The best that can be done is for you to know the differences between the 2 so ...
15. Struts like modules in JSF coderanch.com
16. Tough choice Struts or JSF coderanch.com
17. I know basics of struts can coderanch.com
18. Help Required - Struts-Faces coderanch.com
19. Can I say JSF is something that can replace the struts ? coderanch.com
20. JSF vs Struts coderanch.com
21. JSF or Struts coderanch.com
22. relation between JSF and struts, tapestry ? coderanch.com
23. DWR with Struts coderanch.com
24. Struts v/s JSF coderanch.com
Java is losing lot of web projects to .net stack becuase .net provides everything in one place, by one vendor and development time is also small. JSF Framework is being touted as strong contender to .net framework in web applications. The reason being foremost becuase of offical standardisation provided by Sun and secondly more advantageous from other J2ee open source frameworks ...
25. why ajax more popular with JSF and not struts or other ? coderanch.com
26. dynamic property in struts coderanch.com
27. Struts-Faces coderanch.com
28. Trying to get Struts-faces Sample to Work coderanch.com
29. JSF vs Struts coderanch.com
30. JSF in struts coderanch.com
Hi sureshbob, You can either use JSF along with Struts or only JSF or only Struts. It can be say, all navigations can be done using struts and bean management can be done using JSF. JSF provide better controller facility and Event based navigation to your web pages. You can use event handling similar to what we do in Swing. And ...
31. how can i integrate jsf and struts application coderanch.com
I like to integrate some of the jsp pages which is developed in eclipse,to another application which is developed in Websphere5.1.2 . if i integrate these files it shows the following error [8/28/06 14:16:37:109 IST] 7e07510e ConfigureList W com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener Can't parse configuration file:wsjar:file:/C:/Documents and Settings/LASER/Desktop/backup/jsf/guessnum/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/myfaces.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml [8/28/06 14:16:37:266 IST] 7e07510e ConfigureList W com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener TRAS0014I: The following exception was logged java.net.UnknownHostException: java.sun.com is ...
32. To authors: Why is Struts bad and JSF not? coderanch.com
Here's my quick 2 cents.. 1. Struts is not bad at all. It's based on a solid architecture and when it was introduced, it did a lot to improve the J2EE Web dev experience. 2. JSF was originally architected by largely the same folks who built Struts, namely Craig McClanahan (he worked on JSF 1.0 - he also provided the foreward ...
33. JSF instead of Struts - Greetings Authors coderanch.com
He said something very like that in a very public place. I think it might have even been the Struts website itself during the period when Struts had become moribund. He noted that a typical workflow required something on the order of 3 action classes, one form bean and a JSP in Struts, vs. one backing bean and a JSP in ...
34. To Authors - JSF vs Struts vs AJAX coderanch.com
35. to authors: jsf/struts/ajax coderanch.com
36. JSF vs Struts coderanch.com
I'm not sure I'd agree that Faces is more complex - meaning harder to use in all cases. Building very basic Faces apps is very trivial and on par and perhaps even easier than Struts. I would say that Faces is more sophisticated though. This is due to the fact that it provides more technology with its UI component model. This ...
37. JSF and Struts coderanch.com
38. JSF in Struts. coderanch.com
I'm a consultant and have worked on many projects that I didn't start and won't finish. I learned a long time ago that even if I totally hate the framework the application was built in, it's best to "go with the flow" of the current application. Implementing a single page in a different framework makes nothing but trouble for you and ...
39. datagrid in struts coderanch.com
40. Struts or JSF coderanch.com
41. Struts or JSF coderanch.com
42. Migrate from Struts to JSF, level of effort involved coderanch.com
43. JSF was Sun's answer to Struts? coderanch.com
JSF wasn't so much designed to be a "Sun version of Struts" as it was to address some of the uglier aspects of Struts. And to make web app design more of the drag-drop-drool process it is in .Net. Struts is technically known as a "Model 2" architecture. It's based on the old MVC paradigm, but no webapp can truly implement ...
44. Advantages of JSF over struts.. coderanch.com
45. JSF or Struts 2 coderanch.com
I've been trying to answer the very same question. I haven't spent much hands on time with either, but JSF/Facelets more than Struts 2. I've enjoyed what I've seen of JSF/Facelets so far. I'm going to continue down this path at the moment I think. I'm starting to think frameworks like Struts and Spring are simply too much for my needs. ...
46. JSF & struts coderanch.com
47. JSF vs Struts? coderanch.com
48. what is better JSF or Struts? coderanch.com
49. struts-faces.jar coderanch.com
50. use of ActionMessages in struts coderanch.com
51. struts has action class - anything similar in jsf coderanch.com
There isn't one. The action methods are also part of the backing beans. You're trading the OO "purity" of keeping data and functions separate in exchange for reducing the total number of classes. Backing beans are a facade for the business layer, however, not intended to be primary data objects in their own right. Struts offends in the opposite direction. I've ...
52. why JSF than Struts ? coderanch.com
53. Advantages of JSF over Struts coderanch.com
54. Struts? JSF? coderanch.com
55. Struts or JSF coderanch.com
56. Newbie needs to choose -- Struts Classic, Struts Shale, or JSF coderanch.com
I'm probably wandering into a religious war here, but we are a brand new Java shop and we are looking for advice on whether we should be learning Struts Classic, Struts Shale, or JavaServer Faces. If you had NO legacy Java applications at all and were just starting out, which would you choose? I have a fair amount of experience with ...
57. Struts vs JSF coderanch.com
58. integrating jsf with struts coderanch.com
59. Migrating Application - From Struts with AJAX to JSF with AJAX coderanch.com
Hello, I have the following requirement. It will be great help if some one from the forum will able to advice us. Problem Statement: We have an application that is written in Struts. The struts application extensively uses AJAX. Let me explain the architecture of the existing application. Existing Architecture The application has struts based JSP page which uses AJAX for ...
60. what is the major challenge to start JSF for a struts user? coderanch.com
61. Why not jsf instead of struts coderanch.com
63. Integrating Struts with JSF coderanch.com
64. Struts or JSF? java-forums.org
65. difference between struts and jsf forums.oracle.com
Java Server Faces technology is used for buiding UI for web applications. The core value of the Struts framework is the Controller and the simplicity of customizing the Controller to suit your needs. Struts provides basic UI creation utilities via JSP tag libraries. Struts and JSF technology work together. The JSF JSP elements are far more advanced than the basic Struts ...