1. Why HttpServletRequest.getRemoteAddr() doesn't work in Java servlet? stackoverflow.com
I'm developing a web app with java servlet, I hope to get the user ip info by calling
2. Unable to get the content out of a HttpServletRequest stackoverflow.com
I'm trying to get the contents of a HttpServletRequest. Here is how I'm doing it:
3. HttpServletRequest cannot be resolved can you help? stackoverflow.com
Hi all I have imported the following import javax.servlet.http.*; I want to get the preferred language Browser
I get an error HttpServletRequest cannot be resolved. Can somebody help me ...
4. HttpServletRequest.getRemotePort() stackoverflow.com
How could a possible vendor implementation of HttpServletRequest.getRemotePort() get the remote port ? Is it parsed from the actual request sent ? I could not see any request headers like "Client-port", ...
5. Ordering of values in HttpServletRequest.getParameterValues() stackoverflow.com
6. HttpServletRequest#login() not working in Java stackoverflow.com
7. isUserInRole source code or HttpServletRequest stackoverflow.com
Where can I find the source code for isUserInRole? All I find are only interfaces or calling to super.isUserInRole
8. Send List through HttpServletRequest stackoverflow.com
I sent an arrayList through HttpServletRequest
Firstly, They are sent into the URL and i don't want that. secondly, when i get the values of the parameter , It ...
9. How To Create The HttpServletRequest Object In Desktop Java Application stackoverflow.com
I have a desktop application made in swing, and I need to create HttpServletRequest Object to pass it to another application through Web-Service, so please suggest me something good to create ...
10. Is it possible to change the httpservletrequest object stackoverflow.com
11. What's the difference between getRequestURI and getPathInfo methods in HttpServletRequest? stackoverflow.com
I'm making a simple, very lightweight front-controller. I need to match request paths to different handlers (actions) in order to choose the correct one.
On my local machine
12. Using HttpServletRequest Outside of a Servlet stackoverflow.com
I'm working this API and there is a factory method that sets the current context (request, user, etc). The context needs a HttpServletRequest parameter, but I'm not for sure how to ...
13. How does HttpServletRequest.getParameter work? stackoverflow.com
I have a code in search.java which uses getParameter and xmltransform. I am using search.java to search a database of books depending on the title given. For all the criteria I get ...
14. HttpServletRequest getParameter AND getReader stackoverflow.com
I am developing a
15. How to access HttpServletRequest in Odata service provider stackoverflow.com
I am using Odata4j for exposing my services and i need to access HttpServletRequest object from my service provider. Is there is a way yo do this. I tried using @Context ...
16. Access HttpServletRequest in OData4j service provider stackoverflow.com
I realise that this is pretty much a duplicate of How to access HttpServletRequest in Odata service provider, but since it didn't get any anwser I'll try my chances. The concensus ...
17. Why isn't there a getCookie(String) method in the HttpServletRequest? stackoverflow.com
As a software consultant, I have been using the Servlet API since the dawn of the man, but I always want to know, why there isn't a getCookie(String) method in the ...
18. how to get real httpServletRequest and response as servlet programming stackoverflow.com
how to get real httpServletRequest and response as servlet programming My project load a jar need use this parameter. but perhaps can't get it in play! how to resove this?
19. javax.servlet.HttpServletRequest.getContentLength() returns int only stackoverflow.com
In order to deal with a large request body in a HTTP POST or PUT, relying on
20. HttpServletRequest#getParts() returns an empty list stackoverflow.com
I have the following HTML form:
And I have the following ...
21. How to obtain HTTPServletRequest in AspectJ stackoverflow.com
I need to add some audit logs to some business methods that are not in the web tier. One of the requirements are to store in this audit logs the user ...
22. Getting "HttpServletRequest" in soapMessageContext - Axis Handler stackoverflow.com
I am trying to get "HttpServletRequest" in an AxisHandler's "handleMessage" method. My AxisHandler implements "SOAPHandler" as seen below code.. I need to get "HttpServletRequest" in "InBoundDirection", but it returns "null". How can I get ...
23. Retrieving _servletName from HttpServletRequest object stackoverflow.com
I was wondering if there was a way to retrieve the _servletName value from a HttpServletRequest object. I basically need it to identify from which servlet the request came from. The ...
24. Need guidance on X509Certificate, AxisEngine, MessageContext and HttpServletRequest forums.netbeans.org
MessageContext msgContext = AxisEngine.getCurrentMessageContext(); HttpServletRequest req = (HttpServletRequest)msgContext.getProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_HTTP_SERVLETREQUEST); X509Certificate x509certs = (X509Certificate) req.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate");
25. cant create an HttpServletRequest object coderanch.com
26. accessing HttpServletRequest object from JSP Function coderanch.com
27. Access HttpServletRequest from within SimpleTagSupport coderanch.com
29. HttpServletRequest's getQueryString() coderanch.com
Bob, getQueryString() returns all the html form's data in this format as a loooooong string. name1=value1&name2=value2&name3=value3........nameN=valueN For example firstName=Frank&lastName=Carver&Title=Sheriff&Favorate=Servlet&Favorate=JSP&Favorate=XML Have you noticed this above line? Favaorate field may be a multiple choice pull down field in the html file and the user has selected more than one items. So in 'queryString' we get 1...N Favorate=*** patterns. So, if we want to ...
30. Manuplate the HttpServletRequest... coderanch.com
31. HttpServletRequest.getHeaders(aString) coderanch.com
32. Getting all of the elements from an HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
33. Passing an Object in HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
34. junit and HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
35. HttpServletRequest Instance coderanch.com
36. Passing an HttpServletRequest object coderanch.com
38. How to Instantiate HttpServletRequest Object? coderanch.com
Well, in actuality you could write any class of your own that implemented the interface, but why would you? It certainly sounds like you're trying to reuse a peice of code in a way that the original designer had no intention of it being used. That way lies pain. What I find usually happens in these cases is that you end ...
39. HTTPServletRequest problem coderanch.com
40. (Urgent)Access HttpServletRequest from a class coderanch.com
Watch out that your auxilliary class does not save a reference to the request. Request and response objects must be managed by the container and you should never keep a reference to them. Of course if your class1 and class2 objects are temporary and only used for one request it is not a problem. Bill
41. HttpServletRequest Interface coderanch.com
42. HttpServletRequest Objects coderanch.com
43. HttpServletRequest question coderanch.com
I have a jsp form that submits to a servlet, the servlet processes the request and sets attributes in the request and forwards it back to the same jsp page. The jsp page gives a status message and shows the same form. When I submit the form again, it process my new set of data plus the data I submitted last ...
44. getSession(boolean create) in HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
45. Making Changes In HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
46. HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
47. What is the path info as returned by getPathInfo of httpServletRequest coderanch.com
48. Lifecycle of a HttpServletRequest instance coderanch.com
49. getParameterNames() of the HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
50. Fields in HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
Those are different modes of authentication if you use HTTP authentication. Through the getUserPricipal, getAuthType and isUserInRole methods you can find out if and how a user has been authenticated. Basic means through the browser username/password dialog. Form means through a username/password web page. Digest sends the authentication info not in cleartext, but digested (i.e., kind of encrypted). (I'm, not actually ...
51. getContextPath() in HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
52. user name from HttpServletRequest is null coderanch.com
53. HttpServletRequest Class methods coderanch.com
54. HttpServletRequest , HttpServletSession are they serializable coderanch.com
55. simple doubt reg HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
56. httpservletrequest setParameter()? coderanch.com
57. getting HttpServletRequest Object? coderanch.com
58. How do i get timezone info from the HTTPServletRequest coderanch.com
The scenario is something like this :- The server is in say Australia. The user can log onto a server from any location. I need to get the timezone info from user's request(HTTPServletRequest) & display dates based on this timezone. From HTTPServletRequest i can get the locale info but how can i get the Timezone info ? Any help on this ...
59. Is it necessary to synchronize HttpServletRequest object coderanch.com
60. HttpServletRequest. getRemoteAddr() is different from ipconfig /all coderanch.com
Hi all: I have deployed my web app locally on my own box. I however didn't not resolve to localhost, i used my own computer name instead... but what happen is i did a test. I try to access the local web app, make a few requests... the result of getRemoteAddr() is different from what ipconfig /all give it to me..even ...
61. get HttpServletRequest from java class coderanch.com
62. About HttpServletRequest Interface coderanch.com
63. Clarrification about HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
64. Can you get client location from HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
65. HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
66. HttpServletRequest can have object? coderanch.com
67. HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
Two things here. Firstly, the two statements do different things. The former creates a session attribute, while the latter creates a request attribute. The difference is that session attributes live as long as the session lives, so the second page request of the same user has access to session attributes that were set during the first page request. Request attributes, on ...
68. how tto initialize HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
69. getParameter () method of HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
70. cannot find symbol HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
71. HttpServletRequest getRequestDispatcher behaving strangely coderanch.com
72. How do i get handle to httpServletRequest in my custom login module coderanch.com
73. HttpServletRequest doubt coderanch.com
75. Implementation classes for HttpServletRequest and HttpServletResponce coderanch.com
76. HttpServletRequest and response coderanch.com
77. HttpServletRequest.getReader() returns nothing coderanch.com
78. Basic_Auth in HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
79. HTTPServletRequest coderanch.com
80. HttpServletRequest equivalent on html page coderanch.com
81. The HttpServletRequest.getRemoteUser() method. coderanch.com
Hello, I don't understand the logic of this method. At what point the object returned by this method had it's value set? By whom and how? If I am meant myself to assing a value to it in say, some login servlet, what good is this method? I feel like I am completely missing something.
82. how to print out the content of the HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
If you're using Tomcat, you don't need to write this yourself. Look for and uncoment "RequestDumperValve" in you tomcat/conf/server.xml file. As Bear mentioned, the output usually goes to logs (which is better than having it go to the console). If you're on a *nix system, you can use tail -f
83. Can we pass XML file as an HttpServletRequest? coderanch.com
Vipul, I second Paul here. You need to talk to the other party that would send in the request and get the facts right(about the type of the request). Regarding your testing, may be you can try asking them whether they can provide any mock servlet that you can use. This mock servlet when invoked will send the intended request to ...
84. need help in handling HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
85. Get internal HTML link from HttpServletRequest object? coderanch.com
I have a link like http://www.somehost.com/somepage.html#n521560 I need to capture the #n521560 ( the internal HTML link ), but I've been unable to find the component of the HTTPServletRequest that stores this. I've tried getRequestURI() getQueryString() getContextPath() getPathInfo() getRequestURL() getPathTranslated() getServletPath() but no luck so far. I wish this was a query parameter, but it is not. I need to make ...
87. HttpServletRequest cannot be resolved-- Help me java-forums.org
I solved my problem with ThreadLocal approach. I save the request and the response objects into the ThreadLocal variables from within the filter, then I can have access these 2 objects from anywhere within my application providing that your thread is still running/valid. Google with HttpServletRequest and ThreadLocal as keywords for samples.
Well, you're not allowed to get THE HttpServletRequest, that's part of the point of the portlet spec. The PortletRequest object is supposed to give you everything you need, anyway (dispatching, attributes, parameters, etc). If you access the HttpServletRequest you are implicitly becoming dependent on web server, which is against the spirit of the spec. If you just need it for the ...
90. How do I get the HttpServletRequest? zkoss.org
91. HttpServletRequest forums.oracle.com
92. Getting javadoc to work in netbeans for HttpServletRequest forums.oracle.com
93. javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest geParameterMap() can not be found. forums.oracle.com
94. Can I create a HttpServletRequest from some byte data forums.oracle.com
95. HttpServletRequest, i'm give up forums.oracle.com
96. Russian letters not displaying properly When read from HttpServletRequest forums.oracle.com