1. web-inf and jsp page directives stackoverflow.com
i have a number of jsp files under web-inf folder. Inside my web.xml i specify an errorppage for 404 amd 403 and java.lang.exception. Do i need to include a page directive ...
2. What does WEB-INF stand for in a Java web application? stackoverflow.com
Most of the places on the internet say it stands for WEB INFormation. I rather doubt it. The folder contains executables. Information is not a suitable name for it.
3. How to read JSP a file from WEB-INF into a variable for later "printing" stackoverflow.com
I would like to know how is possible to read a file placed in WEB-INF direct into a variable. My intent is to load (and process a page) into a var, than ...
4. Is it valid to sign a Java war file and include the MANIFEST.MF in
5. How do I access file in WEB-INF in JSP? stackoverflow.com
I am using Tomcat. I would like to put the config file in WEB-INF instead of the default root class path which is WEB-INF/classes. Currently I put the config.xml in WEB-INF ...
6. WEB-INF path for files stackoverflow.com
I have web application with configuration files in
7. how to put jsp in WEB-INF stackoverflow.com
My question is how to put all the jsps in
8. Classes not seeing each other in JSP stackoverflow.com
In a tomcat JSP application I have this directory layout:
9. Why put JSP in WEB-INF? stackoverflow.com
I noticed a common pattern is to put JSP pages in WEB-INF folder (as opposed to WAR root). What's the difference? Why is that preferred?
10. "javax.servlet.ServletException: File "/WEB-INF/jsps/foo/includes/mainInclude.jsp" not found" -> Why is the included JSP not findable? stackoverflow.com
11. WEB_INF coderanch.com
Two Questions first: (1) are you using tomcat? (2) why are your jsp files under the WEB-INF folder?
12. Handling Exception Declaratively in WEB-INF Or JSP Errpr Page coderanch.com
13. forbidden access in WEB-INF dir -- where in the spec? coderanch.com
14. JSP page in WEB-INF coderanch.com
Erik: The J2EE Servlet 2.3 spec says that the WEB-INF node is not a part of the public document tree of an application and no file in this directory can be served directly to the client by the container. The spec does not seem to explicitly specify how to handle cases where a controller servlet or another JSP forwards a JSP ...
15. case-insensitive WEB-INF by the jar ... coderanch.com
Hi friends, I have a strange problem. When I generate a .war file using ant, the WEB-INF directory name is stored as Web-inf (the culprit might be windows) This is not for all the occurance. Only for the files directly under WEB-INF. For the other files like under WEB-INF/classes, the directory name is spelled correctly ...
16. WEB-INF implicit protection? coderanch.com
17. Hiding jsp pages behind WEB-INF coderanch.com
Hi all, I would like to hide all of my jsp pages behind WEB-INF so they can not be accessed by a user if they type the url into the a browser. Is this possible? If it is and I do put them behind WEB-INF do I have to register servlet.xml? Any pointer would be appreciated thanks david
18. Image files behind WEB-INF are not accessible coderanch.com
19. META-INF? coderanch.com
Usually the Application Server looks for the META-INF folder to contain the deployment descriptor, that is J2EE standads. App servers look in the WEB-INF directory for the deployment descriptor. the WAR file contains an WEB-INF folder rather than a META-INF folder. War files contain a WEB-INF folder as well as a META-INF folder. META-INF is not required. WEB-INF is. Its the ...
20. Jsp page in WEB-INF coderanch.com
21. Web-INF coderanch.com
22. Should we put JSP in WEB-INF coderanch.com
23. Referring Script outside WEB-INF coderanch.com
24. Calling JSP with in WEB-INF coderanch.com
25. WEB-INF coderanch.com
26. Accessing images under WEB-INF coderanch.com
Instead of letting the web server (or servlet container) serve the images directly, you can create a servlet that streams the images to the client. So instead of "img src="xyz.jpg" you'd have a URL like "img src="ImageServlet?src=xyz.jpg". Then you can keep the images in the WEB-INF folder (or in any other directory that's not publicly accessible), because the servlet can read ...
27. put jsp pages under WEB-INF coderanch.com
29. Accessing JSP under WEB-INF coderanch.com
Originally posted by Sameer Thapliyal: I want to access jsp page through URL, which is under WEB-INF folder.According to my projects requirement all JSP are under WEB-INF folder like-web/WEB-INF/JSP/login.jsp.I have tried
30. Accessing files in WEB-INF from a servlet/JSP coderanch.com
31. Legacy System with Protected JSP Above WEB-INF coderanch.com
32. JSP/HTML files in WEB-INF coderanch.com
No, the container will not automatically find out where they are. The purpose of putting your JSP/HTML or other files in the WEB-INF directory (or a subdirectory of the WEB-INF directory) is to make sure that a client cannot access them directly by typing in an URL in his/her browser. You can access them only from a servlet or JSP outside ...
33. JSPs under the WEB-INF dir is OK coderanch.com
34. What is the use of META-INF/MANIFEST.MF in the servlet based application coderanch.com
35. Save JSP in WEb-Inf coderanch.com
Thanks to all of you. Yes their is no point in doing what I was doing. If I have to give url-pattern to acces the page, then the page can be accessible directly which makes no sense. I just wanted to do so, I wanted to keep functional files seperately than index & other files. That's all my intentions were. But ...
36. web application without WEB-INF coderanch.com
Does a web application need a JSP? If you have no files, and deploy an application that has no files in it, is it still a web application? If a tree falls in a forest with nobody to hear it, does it make a sound? I think the hard, cold truth is that the Servlet and JSP API says that every ...
37. writing to a file in /WEB-INF/ from a servlet coderanch.com
38. How to redirect to JSP when files are under WEB-INF? coderanch.com
39. utility jar is unable to find .jar placed in WEB-INF\lib coderanch.com
41. making use of servlet through WEB-INF coderanch.com
42. Jsp under WEB-INF coderanch.com
Hi all, I have a query regarding putting the Jsp files under WEB-INF folder. It is known that any files under WEB-INF folder is not accessible outside WEB-INF. Then what is the use of putting the jsp files under WEB-INF if I can not use it ? Even if it has to access some image files it has to go through ...
43. Access jsp file under WEB-INF directly coderanch.com
44. How to get JSP packed in WEB-INF/lib/*.jar file ? coderanch.com
Hi... What I wish is actually to have parts of the application stored in jars... so that I can import jar and View components as well .... and then build the whole application with imported jars.... kind of programmaticaly.. ( ) Can I make a JSP , then put it in the jar, and somehow on the server maybe extract it, ...
45. Unable to save file in the WEB-INF dir coderanch.com
46. jsp's in a subdirectory of WEB_INF coderanch.com
47. [ServletException in:/WEB-INF/pages/main/GarnishorSearch.jsp] null' go4expert.com
48. [SOLVED] writing to WEB-INF while on server. java-forums.org
50. Where to put inf File so Servlets can read it? forums.oracle.com
51. forwarding to jsp page inside web-inf forums.oracle.com
52. how to address warn: "\WEB-INF\lib\servlet.jar) - jar not loaded" forums.oracle.com
53. Is Web-inf is mut for jsp program forums.oracle.com