1. obtaining a requestDispatcher stackoverflow.com
What is the benefit of using the servletContext as opposed the request in order to obtain a requestDispatcher?
3. RequestDispatcher.forward loop stackoverflow.com
I am using
to map all the requests to one sevlet,where i do all the authentication work. but I want to skip some static content (like css files).so I tried fowrding them ...
4. Can I specify a different target tab/window in JSP with a RequestDispatcher stackoverflow.com
I have a JSP program that displays a form where the user enters some criteria for a report. If the criteria fail validations -- missing fields, invalid dates, etc -- I ...
5. RequestDispatcher in Java stackoverflow.com
What exactly the main purpose of using
6. RequestDispatcher to a JSP in the same package stackoverflow.com
If I have a servlet I am able to forward to a jsp in the WebContent folder with no issues:
request being an HttpServletRequest and response being an HttpServletResponse. Now for the ...
7. Confusion with RequestDispatcher saying the browser address bar does not change stackoverflow.com
All the online references and head first JSP&Servlet book I'm reading state the characteristic of RequestDispatcher and Redirect (i.e. resoponse.sendRedirect() ) like: "Request Dispatcher" - URL in the browser bar does not ...
8. RequestDispatcher for remote server? stackoverflow.com
I am trying to create a HttpServlet that forwards all incoming requests as is, to another serlvet running on a different domain. How can this be accomplished? The RequestDispatcher's forward() only operates ...
9. Servlet RequestDispatcher#include and pathInfo stackoverflow.com
I want to include the output of another servlet into the current response. I can call
and it does go to the right servlet, but
10. JSP:Include not being called on forwarding page using doPost requestDispatcher stackoverflow.com
I am currently writing an web application where you need to log in, using username and password. The next step in the process is to select a Project in which the ...
11. Reusing RequestDispatcher object stackoverflow.com
As the path to the jsp is not relative to current request and the
12. what i have to use apart from RequestDispatcher? stackoverflow.com
i am adding some data from my jsp page(
13. RequestDispatcher stackoverflow.com
I want to forward the request to the foreign URL like
14. Detect exceptions in JSP page via RequestDispatcher stackoverflow.com
I have a JSP page with an error page specified. I call the page from a servlet via:
How can I detect if ...
15. getOutputStream() has already been called for this response stackoverflow.com
getOutputStream() has already been called for this responsethis error comes in line where I have forwarded the response to some other page..
16. Problem with sending value of variable with RequestDispatcher stackoverflow.com
In variable search_for I've got the string value of the value I'm searching for. But I cannot pass it via RequestDispatcher to jsp. What am I doing wrong?
17. not able to forward values calculated in a servlet to a jsp page using RequestDispatcher.How to do the same? stackoverflow.com
In my code..i have retrieved the value of input(text type) from a jsp page in a servlet using
18. RequestDispatcher.include(...) appends servlet's package name stackoverflow.com
I have an index.jsp page which uploads an image. On submit it goes to a servlet Upload.java. In the servlet I am checking if the extension in of image("jpg","png",etc) and forwards ...
19. I am unable to call a JSP using RequestDispatcher forward stackoverflow.com
I have this servlet calling this JSP
But dont know why this is giving me this error
Sep 10, 2011 4:15:23 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve ...
20. redirect jsp from servlet RequestDispatcher stackoverflow.com
I want to redirect JSP page from one servlet.
All JSP pages are under
21. RequestDispatcher ending in infinite loop stackoverflow.com
I have two WAR applications and the mode of communication between them is via servlets. My application (WAR A) opens a child window with the URL of a servlet in another WAR ...
22. JSP: Why do we need RequestDispatcher? stackoverflow.com
23. jsp:forward and RequestDispatcher.forward bytes.com
No, it should NOT run any statements after you have forwarded to a resource. Though the jsp:forward and RequestDispatcher.forward() may seem to be different in your perspective, to the container it ...
24. Can I use RequestDispatcher to open a new browser window coderanch.com
25. requestDispatcher.forward() throws error when forwarded to #topic coderanch.com
Hi friends, From a dispatcher servlet, I am forwarding the control to a .jsp page. It is working fine if just the jsp page is given. However, the forward fails when #topic is attached to the url. if (topic != null) forwardPage = forwardPage.trim() + "#" + topic.trim(); RequestDispatcher rd = request.getRequestDispatcher(forwardPage); rd.forward(request, response); I am getting this error : HTTP ...
26. Difference between requestdispatcher and jsp:forward coderanch.com
27. RequestDispatcher not working..... coderanch.com
Tomcat said: HTTP Status 404 - /testbed/jspTest/WebGate/doors/door1.jsp type Status report message /testbed/jspTest/WebGate/doors/door1.jsp description The requested resource (/testbed/jspTest/WebGate/doors/door1.jsp) is not available. [/QUOTE> But /testbed/jspTest/WebGate/doors/door1.jsp actually exists... My Development Environment: APP ROOT: http://192.168.1.11:8080/testbed/ WebGate Doors: /testbed/WebGate/doors/ Available files under /testbed/WebGate/doors/ -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 85 Mar 12 15:26 door1.jsp -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 85 Mar 12 15:26 door2.jsp -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 85 ...
28. RequestDispatcher and .forward() coderanch.com
The code you posted is fine. As you have surmised, the problem is where in the JSP that code is called from. Any decisions regarding forwarding or redirection should take place at the top of the JSP before any template text or code that causes output to be generated . Actually, ideally, all this would have been taken care of in ...
29. What actually happens when RequestDispatcher.forward() is called coderanch.com
You think you know JSP and then something like this happens! Let's say you have a jsp page, which, when it is compiled, checks the session, and if not finding everything it expects there, gets a RequestDispatcher and uses it to forward somewhere else. However, there is java code following the call to forward() in the compiled version of the JSP. ...
30. RequestDispatcher & forward method coderanch.com
No, it means it's exactly the same.
31. RequestDispatcher coderanch.com
32. Cookies with requestDispatcher coderanch.com
Hi all, Is there any way i can send the hearder/cookies information ,when we do forward of request? if i do sendredirect I can get all the cookies values, which ever i am setting but if i use forward they are lost. I need to use forward BCOZ i have lots of hidden variables,which need to be passed. Thanks, Reddy
33. RequestDispatcher include.. coderanch.com
34. SendRidirect vs RequestDispatcher coderanch.com
35. RequestDispatcher now working as expected coderanch.com
36. Difference betweem jsp:forward and RequestDispatcher.forward() coderanch.com
37. Servlet Chaining & RequestDispatcher coderanch.com
38. servlet linking and requestdispatcher coderanch.com
39. How kick off servlet (requestdispatcher . include) in another thread? coderanch.com
40. ServletExec and RequestDispatcher coderanch.com
41. javax.servlet. RequestDispatcher coderanch.com
42. ServletRequest RequestDispatcher coderanch.com
43. Can we use RequestDispatcher to access another web application servlet coderanch.com
44. ServletException in RequestDispatcher coderanch.com
45. Servlet RequestDispatcher Problem coderanch.com
46. how to pass some variables to jsp from servlet using RequestDispatcher coderanch.com
47. why doesn't RequestDispatcher forward? coderanch.com
48. RequestDispatcher.forward() coderanch.com
49. Servlet with JFreeChart RequestDispatcher to view coderanch.com
Hello, i dont get the hang out of this: I have an html.file with a
50. Difference between
51. Interesting statement in Servlet 3.0 specification (RequestDispatcher) coderanch.com
52. Is there something wrong with the RequestDispatcher? coderanch.com
Hello, I really need your help in this....I am making a jsp with ajax login page... using eclipse helios, Tomcat as server and DB2 as my database server.. I made the jsp login, and have successfully passed the parameters over to servlet for verification from database.. As the username and password gets verified from the database, I wish the servlet to ...
55. Can't include other page content with RequestDispatcher.include() coderanch.com
56. Difference between @include and RequestDispatcher.include() coderanch.com
57. clarification regarding RequestDispatcher usage coderanch.com
59. Question about RequestDispatcher java-forums.org
61. Servlet requestdispatcher to new tab forums.oracle.com