1. Java Web Application: How to implement caching techniques? stackoverflow.com
I am developing a Java web application that bases it behavior through large XML configuration files that are loaded from a web service. As these files are not actually required until ...
2. Java application object... where is it stored? stackoverflow.com
I'm thinking about using the java application object to implement a simple cache, to save a few configuration variables, and a couple of xml with often used info... I'd like to know ...
3. how to maintain the cache in the servlet? stackoverflow.com
i want to maintain db cache(some keywords) in the servlet.when i am typing for 'a' i ahve 1000 keywords in Db which starts with 'a' and presently i am using js ...
4. Building asynchronous cache pattern with JSP stackoverflow.com
I have a JSP that will take some 8 minutes to render. The code logic itself can not be made more efficient (it will update often and be updated by basically ...
5. Add an Expires or a Cache-Control Header in JSP stackoverflow.com
How do you add an Expires or a Cache-Control Header in JSP. I want to add a far-future expiration date in an include page for my static components such as images, ...
6. Efficient cache synchronization stackoverflow.com
7. How to prevent the result of Servlets from being cached? stackoverflow.com
How can I stop caching of pages in browser using Servlets? I want that session should expire if I press back button of browser when i am logged in.
8. How we can store data in application scope for caching purpose? stackoverflow.com
I am storing data in application scope. I want to clear this data after every hour. Infact using it as cache for one hour. What is the best way to implement ...
9. Java Servlet Cache Aggresively stackoverflow.com
Am trying to output an image when a Java Servlet link is called. Currently using the following:
But this still causes the images to reload from ...
10. Avoid doing data preparation for an already-compiled JSP stackoverflow.com
Is it possible to check to see if a JSP has already been compiled? Let's say I'm doing something like:
11. Open source cache for Servlet stackoverflow.com
I need cache for my web application, it stores some small/medium size objects to cache and possibly some max 1-2mb files to cache. What open source solution would be good for ...
12. Can I cache an HTML img, whose source is pointing to a java servlet thats generating it on the fly? stackoverflow.com
In my project we use some img tags like that
while the servlet responds the bytesteam right away, something like
That all works fine, but is there any ...
13. JSP and caching... coderanch.com
I have some scripts that generate a drop down box by selecting items from a db. The user has the option to create a new item- If this is done a pop-up box comes up and they're able to save the new item to the db from there. Of course when they close the pop-up the new item won't appear in ...
14. ??:How to banish the client cache in JSP coderanch.com
15. JSP Caching... coderanch.com
Hi, I have a requirement that i should provide a button so that the user whenever clicks he should be able to switch to the page from where he came.Just a functionality of Toggling between screens.This i can do with the parameter passing and keeping track of the user from where he came from and then connecting to database.but i don't ...
16. Caching Data in JSP coderanch.com
Remember, JSPs are just Java code running on your server. Therefore the problem of caching data is solved the same way it would be in a regular application, i.e. store it in an object. Ensuring the data is not stale is more complicated. You could put a timestamp in the object every time you went out to the database, then when ...
17. Back button problem..Not clearing cache coderanch.com
Hai All, Can anybody suggest how to avoid JSPs (Generated HTMLS) to be cached in browsers? I tried various approaches.. Tried - No cache , Expire dates Meta tag stuff - response.setDateHeader stuff But none prevented page from cache... My requirement is if user clicked back I should show page with some message like "No back button allowed for this page" ...
18. Caching coderanch.com
19. Updating Cache coderanch.com
20. how to prevent caching coderanch.com
21. What is caching? coderanch.com
22. JSP Cache Problem coderanch.com
23. What to the holy cache is that??? coderanch.com
Hi together :-) i have a J2EE Application running on WebSphere App.Server V5. I use a FrontController (a servlet)wich handles the login procedure and session management. For example there are three jsp pages.... login.jsp start.jsp denied.jsp Every request goes through the FrontController!!! Now my problem... when i enter username and password into the form on login.jsp and press enter the data ...
24. Object Caching coderanch.com
I have a TOC object instance that is associated with a set of pages. Actually, I have many TOC object instances, each associated with their own set of pages. The TOC object has an ArrayList of WebPage instances. There are methods like next(), hasNext(), current(), et c. How can I create the TOC instance just once? I can store it in ...
25. problem with cache!! coderanch.com
Once i faced the problem of server(tomcat) using older version of jsp, i.e. my changes didn't reflected. All i did was deleted its work folder, so that it uses latest version of jsp. All servers have a folder where they keep compiled .class files and .java files for your jsp. Just try to delete that folder, and see if it works. ...
26. How to avoid caching from History coderanch.com
Dear All, In my application I have used caching code and it avoids caching successfully , But I am facing the problem with IE history. The pages (specifically) accessed using query string , any pdf report accessed in application can be seen in IE history. Is there anyway to avoid this. Any help would be higly appriciable. Thanks & Regards, Dushyant ...
27. Caching Problem with JNLP coderanch.com
Hello all, I have a JSP page running from an IE browser that open Java Web Start and downloads JNLP page. The code used is: response.setContentType("application/x-java-jnlp-file"); The problem I am having is that the JSP page caches itself in the Temporary Internet File (TIF)Directory on the user machines. On some machines (25%), the file will return an "Unable to Launch Application" ...
28. Overseas Caching? coderanch.com
Hi: I have Tomcat running on a server that I think might be in Europe somewhere. I'm in the western United States. I'm having a lot of problems developing with the server because when I update a JSP page, the server seems to compile the new page, but browsers keep displaying outdated pages. I've tried everything - restarting Tomcat, browsing with ...
29. setting No Cache for JSP coderanch.com
Hi, I am using the following statements so that the Browser does not cache the JSP pages. response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache"); response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache"); In one perticular page I am using
30. Caching problem is jsps coderanch.com
31. cache taglib coderanch.com
32. Cache Problem coderanch.com
33. JSP reading from cache... coderanch.com
34. JSP Caching coderanch.com
35. Problem in JSP&Servlets-cache?? coderanch.com
Hi, I am Learning JSP and Servlets in Tomcat5.0, JDK1.5. In a servlet I misspelled one method(setAttribute() as setAttributes()) and compiled it and reported an error message for it. Then I changed it to the right one(setAttribute() and I compiled it without any error. I had shutdown the tomcat server and restared it. When I tried to open that page, I ...
36. what is caching ? coderanch.com
37. Caching disaster coderanch.com
Hi guys, my recent post seem to have died so I'm posting another. In some of my pages I turn off caching. For example, I have a log-in screen. So automatically, after the user logs-in some other pages need to display a certain control panel. It's good, it worked well. However, on some of my pages where the user needs to ...
38. Cache Control coderanch.com
39. Caching problem. coderanch.com
Hi I have a caching problem. JSp page bb.jsp construct a String from request parameter ,that is then passed to a custom tag. I have the following code in bb.jsp <% response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache"); response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache"); response.setDateHeader ("Expires", -1); response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-store"); //HTTP 1.1 %> The first time the parameter value is passed. Now the second time , I change the parameter value . But bb.jsp ...
40. how to avoid caching when metadata doesnt work? coderanch.com
41. Cache-Control coderanch.com
42. cache in jsp coderanch.com
43. Caching references to RemoteInterface coderanch.com
44. JSP Caching? coderanch.com
45. Caching Problem in JSP ... Please help coderanch.com
46. Cache Problem in Jsp... coderanch.com
47. Servlet grabbing previous data/caching coderanch.com
With regards to the caching of data, I suspect it is your webbrowser that is caching it (try setting it to always check for a new version of the page, or even shutting it down between requests to verify this.) You should be able to have Tomcat reload your application if it detects any changes. You will need to add a ...
48. Servlet Caching Problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! coderanch.com
Hi, Sunil, Originally posted by sunilkumar ssuparasmul: I have a servelt which needs to do cahching. The prablem is here Whenevr a update happens to the DB through some other process then the cahce should be reflected. Well, what caching do you talk about? The Browser-cache on the client-side or a Proxy-cache? Generally it makes not much sense to cache a ...
49. Control cache in Servlet or..? coderanch.com
50. servlets and cache coderanch.com
51. JSP Caching problem...... coderanch.com
52. Servlet getting cached coderanch.com
It is quite possible that a proxy server somewhere caches the output of your servlet and returns that instead of calling the servlet when the same servlet with the same parameters is called again. There's very little that can be done about it. Setting no-cache or expiration request headers and/or meta tags can sometimes help but some proxies simply ignore those. ...
53. Clearing cache in servlets coderanch.com
54. Extending Servlet , Caching in init() coderanch.com
Well, jboss uses tomcat internally as its webserver. So it should work - for that reason, any server should run that code correctly. You said you receive null & then a NPE, right? Your posting has an empty catch block that should have consumed the Exception. Perhaps it's some other portion of the code that's problematic? ram.
55. Resin 2.x caching servlets coderanch.com
56. Cache in Servlet coderanch.com
57. Trying to use cache in my servlets application. coderanch.com
58. clear cache servlet coderanch.com
59. Caching data base results coderanch.com
Hi, I am developing a tool for my team. This a tool which is used for monitoring purpose(restricted explanation). Even if "n" number of users are logged to the system, the data displayed to the users will be same irrespective of the users. These details are queried from the database and displayed to the user. But this data is not static ...
60. JSP Caching issue coderanch.com
Hi Techies, I have a weird requirement(can't help it as decisions are not in my hand). In My JSP(register.jsp), there are multiple fields like text boxes, radio buttons etc and a terms and conditions link. The "terms and conditions" page has to open up in same window(This is done so that user journey is not affected). If user clicks browser's back ...
61. Caching Problem on log off coderanch.com
Hi All, I am facing a problem while developing web application, when user get log off from my application i am removing the user object from the session so every new request now forcing user to provide valid user id/password but if user click browser back button he is getting back to the previous page i.e secured page i set the ...
62. Caching Issue: How to force HTML/JSP to refresh? coderanch.com
63. Public and Private Cache coderanch.com
64. remove cache from java code in jsp coderanch.com
65. remove the data from cache coderanch.com
66. how to clear js cache in jsp coderanch.com
67. JSP not cached using jsp:forward from it coderanch.com
68. Caching rendered html in jsp coderanch.com
I tried to achieve it using a filter. However I am stuck at the filtermapping in web.xml. My url is as such: objectHandle=Coding&actionHandle/initProjectForCoding&nextPage/coding/quickCode.grs where object handle specifies the business object, and the action handle specifies the method to be executed. The nextpage denotes another controller call which generates the response. This is the entry I have in web.xml
69. (Initial)Context caching within servlet coderanch.com
70. Problem with cache java-forums.org
I have a system done in jsp and servlets. I have it running in tomcat. My problem is , in some parts of system, which for example, from one jsp, I have tag that in href calls to servlet passing parameters to it through get method, that servlet does an action, it loads things in session, clean others, and ...
71. Caching problem java-forums.org
72. Avoid JSP Caching in Development Env liferay.com
Here's what I do, although less than ideal I'm sure. I assume you are using the portlet SDK for your portlets. I undeploy the application and redeploy it. This is less desirable than having the JSP recompile everytime (this may be possible, I think I read somewhere you can set something in tomcat, but I've never done it). Undeploying takes a ...
73. jsp cache on 5.2.3 liferay.com
Hi all, I am using portal 5.2.3 and currently having issues with cache. Everytime when I update a jsp file I have to restart my tomcat in order for my jsp file to take effect. Can anyone tell me how do I configure it so that I don't have to restart everytime? thanks, Evan
74. Display Updated/changed value(from cache) in JSP forums.oracle.com
Dear All, Since I am clueless on how I wish to do it, I do not really have anything that I have done. What I am doing is : Displaying the value (price of an item) from the database on to a JSP. The price of the item can be changed. I am putting that in a cache (because only the ...
75. Cache Header Include JSP forums.oracle.com