1. Using mySQL on Tomcat server? stackoverflow.com
I have the following problem at the moment. I am using mySQL and Tomcat for my college project, and I am able to connect mySQL DB locally from a jsp page. However, ...
2. Failed to obtain JDBC Driver for MySQL under Tomcat environment stackoverflow.com
I've been trying to obtain the Driver class for JDBC connection to MySQL. The workstation is running on Linux, Fedora 10. I have manually set up the classpath variable for Java by CLI ...
3. Tomcat and Servlet issues stackoverflow.com
I'am encountering a problem with my Web Apps and cannot find any answers on the web. I have a Java Web App that works on parallel with tomcat ...
4. How to configure Tomcat 6.0 with MySQL stackoverflow.com
Can one explain little more about how to configure Tomcat with MySQL?
5. tomcat 6.0 with JDBC throws ClassNotFoundException com.mysql.jdbc.Connection stackoverflow.com
I've successfully connected to MySQL database through Eclipse without getting tomcat involved, so at lease it's some good progress. But when I try from my web page (Tomcat 6.0), it throws ...
6. Using Tomcat to run Ant from a Servlet with Log4jListener and JDBCAppender to log into a database, not released when finished stackoverflow.com
I have a servlet that performs an ANT build, I've attached a org.apache.tools.ant.listener.Log4jListener as you can see below and at the end of the build the org.apache.tools.ant.listener.Log4jListener is not released, the ...
7. Can anyone suggest disadvantages to production use of a database embedded in a servlet container? stackoverflow.com
Specifically, my team is considering embedding Apache Derby in Tomcat as part of a production deployment, with ease of deployment being the primary motivation. Can anyone suggest any significant disadvantages to ...
8. Tomcat: Store session in database stackoverflow.com
I am searching for a way to avoid in-memory session replication/clustering and store the session in a database. Using Tomcat's JDBCStore is useless at this point, because it only stores inactive ...
9. Tomcat 6 and MySQL 5.x connection error on Ubuntu stackoverflow.com
When attempting to connect to a MySQL 5.x database in a JSP webapplication running on Tomcat 6, I am getting the following exception:
10. javax.servlet.ServletException: Communications link failure stackoverflow.com
I have tried the following jsp code for connecting the database.
11. Tomcat6/Apache2.2/mod_jk: Detecting browser connection reset to clean up database connections stackoverflow.com
How do I detect that the browser has dropped the HTTP connection so that my Java servlet can safely close the JDBC connections? I have Apache2.2 on the front end communicating with ...
12. Intermittent error message with JSP<->Mysql connection stackoverflow.com
I have some jsp pages that connect to a mysql database and I intermittently get the following error message: "The last packet successfully received from the server was 36,727,995 milliseconds ago. ...
13. Servlet need to access the SQLite DB embedded in war file stackoverflow.com
I am developing a web app to run on tomcat6. I have a SQLite database created on and i want to access this SQLite db in my servlet. can some one ...
14. Save data associated with webapplication without database stackoverflow.com
My task is to save and later read some arbitrary data in file inside webaplication. I cannot use hardcoded system paths, since there may be multiple instances of my webapp fired ...
15. How to rectify the database connectivity error in jsp? stackoverflow.com
i wrote a code jsp to store the employee details in the database . i created a database called employee and table empdetails in that employee database. i deployed the code ...
16. Tomcat6 and MySQL issues stackoverflow.com
I have a new installation of Ubuntu 11.10 server with Tomcat6. I am using Eclipse Indigo to make a Java Servlet that pulls data from my MySQL server. I ...
17. error accessing mysql db via tomcat and jsp forums.netbeans.org
Hi, I have build a small JSP web application with mysql db access in netbeans. JSP does not directly connect to db, there is several DAO java classes who get connection, ...
18. MySQL with TOMCAT and JSP giving problems.. coderanch.com
Hai, I am using MySQL with TOMCAT and JSP for development purpose. 1. Every morning without restarting the tomcat server, i am unable to connect the MySql Database. What might be the problem.. I did't get this type of problem in Oracle & SQL server. 2. While Running Tomcat Server , I Loose Database Connection To get Connection from database server, ...
19. problem with JSP, mySQL on TomCat coderanch.com
Hi All, I am new to this. I am trying to write a simple application in JSP to access MySQL on TomCat4.1.18. I have downloaded the MySQL JDBC Driver from www.sourceforge.net/projects/mmmysql/. I have copied the mm.mysql-2.0.14-bin.jar into 'lib' directory under my TomCat Default installation directory (E:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/server/lib). I have written this JSP :...
20. Ensim Linux & Tomcat issues, can't MySQL - anyone? coderanch.com
21. JSP, Tomcat & MySql coderanch.com
22. Dedicated Server Host - Tomcat/MySQL coderanch.com
I hope this isn't off topic for this forum, but I didn't see a more appropriate forum for this post. I'm looking for a company that can host a dedicated server running a web app on Linux/Tomcat/MySQL. I want a company that has both a street address and a data center located in the United States. Hopefully the fees would not ...
23. tomcat error "oracle driver not found" coderanch.com
24. JSP-Tomcat-MySQL connection problems coderanch.com
25. looking for JSP MySQL TOMCAT web host coderanch.com
26. Tomcat and Oracle, will i transfer any file? coderanch.com
27. tomcat and oracle 8i. coderanch.com
28. Hostin Service for JSP 2.0/Tomcat v5/MySQL coderanch.com
29. Beginner problem: MySQL, tomcat, Servlet, connection. Thanks coderanch.com
30. Unix/apache/tomcat/JSP using JDBC to SQL Server7.0 coderanch.com
31. Connection to oracle 8i from servlet using Apache Tomcat 4.1 coderanch.com
32. database conn. jsp tomcat Oracle9i thin driver coderanch.com
33. Newbie question on JSP/Tomcat/MySql coderanch.com
34. Tomcat + Servlet + DB coderanch.com
35. database connection in servlet on Tomcat 5.5 coderanch.com
36. Transactions on servlet with JBoss Tomcat only configuration coderanch.com
37. Can't compile old application on tomcat5.5, DB issue? coderanch.com
38. Tomcat and Database Sessions coderanch.com
39. JSP-Tomcat-MySql help! dbforums.com
My guess this is a connection error due to the maximum time MySQL will allow an idle connection to exist. Check the 'wait_timeout' value of the 'show variables' command; this will be the number of seconds an open connection can exist before being implicitly closed by MySQL. You can increase this value to stop MySQL closing old connections. If you are ...
40. tomcat 5, oracle 8i, jsp dbforums.com
41. JSP & JDBC & MySQL & Apache Tomcat!? go4expert.com
42. Jsp,MySql,LineChart,tomcat jfree.org
There is a package org.jfree.data.jdbc which has a few datasets that will read data from JDBC. Take a look at them for ideas. Sometimes it can be easier to read the data via JDBC yourself, then populate one of the standard dataset classes (like DefaultCategoryDataset or TimeSeriesCollection), but it depends a lot on your application.
43. connection problem jsp deployed in tomcat using mysql db forums.oracle.com
Communication link failure: java.io.IOException, underlying cause: Unexpected end of input stream ** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION ** java.io.IOException MESSAGE: Unexpected end of input stream STACKTRACE: java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of input stream at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.readPacket(MysqlIO.java:1080) at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:619) at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:1532) at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.(Connection.java:486) at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:326) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:523) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171) at org.apache.jsp.loginform_jsp._jspService(loginform_jsp.java:72) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:331) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:329) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269) at ...