1. How to do Unittests in Servlet-Applet scenario stackoverflow.com
How should I create & run unit-tests for a Java/Tomcat Servlet-Applet application?
2. How to initiate chatting between two clients and two clients only, using applets and servlets? stackoverflow.com
I first need to apologize for my earlier questions. (You can check my profile for them)They seemed to ask more questions than give answers. Hence, I am laying down the actual ...
3. Receive input stream in Applet stackoverflow.com
I am experimenting with Java applets & communicating between a Servlet & an applet. I am experiencing a HTTP 501 error when I go to retrieve the input stream from my ...
4. How to solve "Unhandled exception type ClassNotFoundException" and "Vector is a raw type" errors? stackoverflow.com
In servlet side, I am trying to receive an vector sent from the applet. The code is like
But the compiler ...
5. JNLP Applet with custom DownloadServiceListener & Versioning stackoverflow.com
I encountered a problem, when using a JNLP applet with custom DownloadServiceListener as well as versioned jar files at the same time. The project structure is as follows:
6. jasper print loadObject with applet and servlet stackoverflow.com
7. Testing applet-servlet communications jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com
Hi All, I have some problem/doubt regarding testing applet. Say one of my web pages contains an applet which communicates with a servlet using HttpUrlConnection (means this communication will be like HTTP request response ) So though Jmeter is not capable of executing applets, I can simulate the applet actions (to some extent) by calling that servlet from ...
8. Applet-Servlet communications - help coderanch.com
9. Using JSP/ Applets to open up a socket connection coderanch.com
In response to my earlier question regarding opening up a socket connection from a web browser, I am thinking of 2 possible alternatives to calling the java function directly from an ASP page: 1. Call the java function from a JSP page 2. Create an applet that will perform the message processing (i.e. opening up a connection to the host, sending ...
10. String sending in an applet to servlet servlet to applet coderanch.com
11. servlet to applet file transfer coderanch.com
12. servlet, applet and streams coderanch.com
hi, I have a applet. When the user click the list button on the applet the applet creates an instance of my list class. The list class does the follwing: calls my HttpRequest class's proceesPostRequest. The HttpRequest class returns a InputStream. The following code come from the List class: InputStream in = proc.processPostRequest(props); ObjectInputStream result = new ObjectInputStream(in); The follwing code ...
13. String sending in an applet to servlet servlet to applet coderanch.com
I have a problem in sending strings and i dont know where to put the code to transfer the string can anyone help please Where do i put this code to send a string from the applet to the servlet and from the servlet to the applet. // this is my applet import java.applet.Applet; import java.awt.*; // import the java.awt package ...
14. sending and reading Hashtable from applet to servlet coderanch.com
Hi guys! I have a servlet running on tomcat server, I have stablished HTTP connection from applet (or just a simple java bean class). I am trying to read and send the hashtable to the servlet but i m getting EOF exception. Can any one help me out to solve this problem?? my client class looks like this: public class EditorStub ...
15. Servlet Applet & ZIp (The party is on) coderanch.com
Hi, I'm developing an app n I'm stuck. I want to transfer a zip file through a signed applet (that's done). I'm reading the responseOutputStream & trying to buiid the zip again, but It's no good . This is a piece of the servlet. --------------------------------- response.setContentType("application/zip "); //response.setContentType("application/x-zip/compressed"); FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream("C:\\Archivos de programa\\Apache Tomcat 4.0\\webapps\\ejemploApplet\\ejemploweb.zip"); BufferedInputStream in = new ...
16. Problem sending data from applet to servlet by object serialization coderanch.com
Hi! all, i m using object serialization to send in data from my applet to servlet to be finally sent in to my database server. m very able to get data into applet from servlet which had been extracted from database server. m using nearly same code snipets for the two purposes. The code for applet to servlet is comliling with ...
17. receiving serialized object from servlet to applet coderanch.com
Hi I am trying to retrieve an object from servlet to applet. When I try to run my applet I get this exception: java.io.EOFException at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(ObjectInputStream.java:2165) at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readShort(ObjectInputStream.java:2634) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:734) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.
18. Display of Bar/Pie charts/Graph without Applet coderanch.com
19. Applet Connecting to Tibco coderanch.com
Hi, I am using applet which is kept in WEblogic 5.1 , applet connecting Tibco REndezvous to recieve message, when I run the applet in browser, it is througing excption, but when I run the applet in appletviewer no eception. Sat Jul 06 22:34:38 GMT+05:30 2002:
21. How To Connect a Servlet with an Applet coderanch.com
22. passing a Vector from JSP to an applet coderanch.com
23. Socket connection between servlets and applets coderanch.com
The magic word is URLConnection. If your applet creates one of these, it can internally send and receive web requests. If you use straight sockets you end up having to do the grunt work yourself (among other things, URLConnections make working with sessions easier). Also, anything that uses TCP/IP ports other than standard http (or https) ports won't make it through ...
24. how to startup servlet from applet coderanch.com
25. Servlet-Applet: raw socket connection coderanch.com
You don't do "permanent" connections to servlets. A servlet behaves like a subroutine, not a program. It does not run as a process in its own right, and therefore there would be no way to make it stop and listen (or even poll and listen) for incoming messages. If you actually need a true permanent connection, you'll have to set up ...
26. RMI Applet-Servlet Callbacks on Port 80? coderanch.com
27. Servlet Applet RMI on Port 80? coderanch.com
I thought I already posted this yesterday but I don't see it. The 2nd edition of Jason Hunter's Java Servlet Programming discusses Java Applet-Servlet RMI with callbacks but, unlike the first edition, does not discuss port 80. I wish I had the first edition. Does the Java Applet-Servlet using Netscape (or Mozilla) and Tomcat run on Port 80? Has anyone had ...
28. connecting servlet from applet coderanch.com
29. servlet applet object io streams coderanch.com
... hostServlet = new URL( "http://localhost:8080/scheduler/servlet/EditSchedule" ); hostConnection = (HttpURLConnection)hostServlet.openConnection(); hostConnection.setRequestMethod( "POST" ); System.out.println( "connected" ); //set headers hostConnection.setDoInput( true ); hostConnection.setDoOutput( true ); hostConnection.setUseCaches( false ); hostConnection.setDefaultUseCaches( false ); hostConnection.setRequestProperty( "Content-Type", "application/x-java-serialized-object" ); //stream to servlet just to specify that we're using post not get oos = new ObjectOutputStream( hostConnection.getOutputStream() ); oos.writeObject( "inside" ); oos.flush(); oos.writeObject( "inside2" ); oos.flush(); //get ...
30. java.io.EOFException between applet and servlet coderanch.com
31. Connect from servlet to Applet coderanch.com
32. Sending audioInputStream from Applet to Servlet coderanch.com
33. Send object from applet to servlet coderanch.com
34. Passing chart image from servlet to applet jfree.org
Hi everybody, I wrote applet which use jfreechart library, it runs under tomcat. Of course it's quite slow to load, so I think to use servlets to generate chart images and send them to applet, but i really have no idea how to do. I just bought jfreechart developer guide, but applet chapter is small. Anybody may give me some example ...
35. Applet Servlet Comm. Problem when passing a Chart object jfree.org
Applet Servlet Comm. Problem when passing a Chart object by chrolg Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:38 pm Dear friends, i have an applet that sends a serialized object to the servlet,the Servlet creates another object and passes it back to the applet. Everything works fine, till i read the object with: Code: Select all ObjectInputStream objInputStream = new ObjectInputStream(in); ...
36. Java applets and servlets can be used together in the design forums.oracle.com
37. How to stream a png image from a Servlet to an Applet? forums.oracle.com