1. Show Images with name containing special characters stackoverflow.com
I am trying to display some images containing special characters like ? ? ? or Chinese or Arabic characters in their names using jsp...but the images are not getting displayed !!
2. Java String Encoding to UTF-8 stackoverflow.com
I have some HTML code that I store in a Java.lang.String variable. I write that variable to a file and set the encoding to UTF-8 when writing the contents of the ...
3. Change encoding of HttpServletResponse stackoverflow.com
I have an API that returns XML, it actually returns it using the default encoding (I believe it's UTF-8), but now requirements have changed and we need to return everything in ...
4. how to send through ServletOutputStream characters in UTF-8 encoding stackoverflow.com
My servlet code looks like that:
... then I get the error: java.io.CharConversionException: Not an ISO 8859-1 character: ? javax.servlet.ServletOutputStream.print(ServletOutputStream.java:89) javax.servlet.ServletOutputStream.println(ServletOutputStream.java:242) rtm.servlets.CampaignLogicServlet.doPost(CampaignLogicServlet.java:68) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) How can I switch the charset ...
5. Can not set Character Encoding using sun-web.xml stackoverflow.com
I am trying to send special characters like spanish chars from my page to a JSP page as a form parameter. When I try get the parameter which I sent, it ...
6. How to enable reading non-ascii characters in Servlets stackoverflow.com
How to make the servlet accept non-ascii (Arabian, chines, etc) characters passed from JSPs? I've tried to add the following to top of JSPs:
And to add the following ...
7. displaying special characters in hyperlink text stackoverflow.com
I have used HTML in my Java class and in one case I have used
8. problem with reading arabic in jsp page? stackoverflow.com
I have a column in the PostgreSQL database which contains Arabic data. When reading the data from the database in the controller it's been read fine, the encoding is good, but ...
9. Java servlet and UTF-8 problem stackoverflow.com
I have some problem with UTF-8. My client (realized in GWT) make a request to my servlet, with some parametres in the URL, as follow:
When in the servlet I retrieve the ...
10. HttpServletRequest - setCharacterEncoding seems to do nothing stackoverflow.com
I am trying to read UTF-8 info from the request. I used "request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");", but it seems to do nothing - the info read is non UTF-8. What am i doing wrong?
11. Encoding errors in .jspx stackoverflow.com
I'm currently trying to deploy some RSS feeds on a WebLogic Application Server. The feeds' views are .jspx files, like the one below:
12. Redirecting Servlet to Unicode-Domains stackoverflow.com
I'm having problems with sending redirections to servlet with Unicode-URLs. i.e. consider the following url in Turkish
http://türkçeisimtescil.comIt works if you paste it into your browser's address bar. However it is ...
13. Getting junk characters when using printwriter.print stackoverflow.com
Possible Duplicate:am using printwriter to print the characters on the client browser the code is like ...
14. Servlet and jsp character encoding idiosyncrasy stackoverflow.com
I have a webapp on which I need to display unicode characters. It's all fine when I write the strings in the jsp, for example:
15. Unwanted characters instead of arabic characters stackoverflow.com
I am using a webservice in myproject.I wrote a webservice client method, when I call this method I get the json object which has the data. Then I extract that object ...
16. encoding problem in servlet stackoverflow.com
Hi: I have a servlet which receive some parameter from the client ,then do some job. And the parameter from the client is Chinese,so I often got some invalid characters in the servet. For ...
17. CSV file with japanese characters not opening properly in Excel 2007 stackoverflow.com
I have a simple JSP to download a csv file containing Japanese characters. Downloaded file opens correctly in notepad++ and shows right characters but when I try to open same file ...
18. Unble to send xml data from http java client to servlet using HttpURLConnection stackoverflow.com
I have standalone java client sending xml data to http servlet using httpURLconnection class.but data appearing in non printable character format. For simulation i have been trying to send simple string but ...
19. Java localized filenames stackoverflow.com
How can i set localized filenames in java.Currently everytime i click on a localized file having a non-ascii filename in my application, the windows save dialog box pops out, but it ...
20. Spanish characters are displayed as Symbols when rendered using JSP stackoverflow.com
Earlier i had a issue with spanish character encoding in Java encoding and for which i got solution in Issue with spanish characters in java string. Now when i want to ...
21. Encoding and Servlet API: setContentType or setCharacterEncoding stackoverflow.com
Just wonder what is behind the scene. Actually it seems that we can set the encoding with:
22. jsp pages displaying junk characters in non english languages stackoverflow.com
I have a Main JSP page say jsp1 which includes two JSP pages (jsp2, jsp3). All the strings in these pages come from property files. The non-english property files are converted using ...
23. Saving JSP as UTF-8 in NetBeans stackoverflow.com
i've got some jsp files from another developers and now need to work with them. When i add to the document any UTF-8 char and want to save the document, NetBeans ...
24. servlet file upload filename encoding stackoverflow.com
I am using the Apache Commons Fileupload tools for standard file upload. My problem is that I cannot get the proper filename of uploaded files if they contain special characters (á, ...
25. Why the JSP Page encoding directive should be the first line in JSP? stackoverflow.com
I mean the following directive <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %> I have lots of JSPs. I wrote this line in a common file that was already included in every jsps.but that ...
26. Java servlet sendRequest - getParameter encoding Problem stackoverflow.com
I'm building a web app for my lesson using java servlets. At some point i want to redirect to a jsp page, sending also some info that want to use there ...
27. JSP Turkish Character Problem stackoverflow.com
I have a jsp page running under jboss 4.2.2 server. The structure for the page is something like this:
include head ( head is written on another page, like masterpage in ...
28. Java servlet download filename special characters stackoverflow.com
I am writing a simple file download servlet and I can't get correct filenames. Tried URLEncoding and MimeEncoding the filename as seen in existing answers, but none of them worked. The fileData ...
29. character encoding problem on servlet stackoverflow.com
Why is it that when I call this method inside a servlet (either get or post)
30. JSP output encoding stackoverflow.com
When I write the following
I get a string with the length of 1. It contains a single UTF-8 character
31. UTF8 and jsp, trying to understand what is going on stackoverflow.com
I created the following jsp:
32. JSP Charset Encoding For Vietnamese Not Displaying Properly stackoverflow.com
We already have our web application displaying properly in Simplified chinese (GB18030) and english (Cp1252). Right now, I am trying to make some changes to have the web application display in ...
33. Unable to change charset from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 in glassfish 3.1 stackoverflow.com
I am having problems to change the charset in my web application response from ISO-8859-1 (default) to UTF-8. I already added the VM option
34. Ignore abnormal characters when reading file in java stackoverflow.com
I'm using a servlet to parse a log file and sends the data as json to a jsp page. The log file contains characters that JSON.parse() won't handle. An example of ...
35. a char coding problem with apache httpclient and servlet stackoverflow.com
hi i'm communicating between an http client post techniq and a servlet. if i send english chars there is no problem but if i send in hebrew i get ????? instead of ...
36. How can I cleanly set the pageEncoding of all my JSPs? stackoverflow.com
I need to encode all of my JSPs as UTF-8. I've looked around and found that I can use the following page directive to accomplish this:
This works perfectly, but I need ...
37. The UTF chars are junk if we export data from JSP to csv file stackoverflow.com
The data is coming from the Flex in utf format, but when we export to the csv file it is corrupted. if we open the same csv file in notepad++ , ...
38. Chinese characters not being rendered on JSP stackoverflow.com
I have a jsp say hello.jsp. Now there are 2 use cases
39. String from Servlet with control characters in XML CDATA stackoverflow.com
My question is similar to Why are "control" characters illegal in XML? - however I'm looking for a solution to the problem below, rather than why the XML spec disallows ...
40. req.getParameter returns values wrong character encoding stackoverflow.com
I'm trying to get values from a JSP using getParameter which includes ü,é,à etc. But get wrong values in servlet. I've checked the content type with firebug and found that
41. Malformed Farsi Or Arabic characters on Stripes stackoverflow.com
I am using Stripes framework to develop a web application.I want to be able to use Farsi or Arabic characters in web pages. I used
42. charset problem (Excel) stackoverflow.com
Non-English Values are looking like upside with their charsets.
Values on Excel is : ÊÖÇÑÈ Êæ?ÚÇÊ ÔåÑ ÃßÊæÈÑ ?í Óæ? ÇáÜPP
Values on Excel is ...
43. problem transfering intr characters from one servlet to another stackoverflow.com
I have one input field which the user can write whatever then want including international lang characters. The first servlet has;
44. Data to Excel utf-8 problem stackoverflow.com
Situation: I've a data table which's is shown in jsp page with utf-8. There is no problem with it. When I export it to Excel,Non English values looks freaky.Exporting code:
45. Excel spreadsheet created with JSP does not show unicode characters in Excel stackoverflow.com
I have an app that I need to display Unicode information to an excel spreadsheet that is converted from a table in JSP. The unicode info displays correctly in JSP, ...
46. Setting character encoding in EL way stackoverflow.com
How can we achieve following in JSTL -
I know we can refer to response object as below but how we can we call setter method?
47. persian encoding (utf-8) for jsp page in eclipse in Eclipse IDE stackoverflow.com
48. How to handle special characters in query string? stackoverflow.com
I want to handle special characters(&,',",$,#,<,>) in query string in Java and JSP. Java:
49. How to save Hindi Characters in the Application Properties file in Java? stackoverflow.com
We are trying to internationalize our Spring MVC web application in Hindi language. When we try to copy the Hindi text in the properties file, the properties file shows small ...
50. mongoDB with non-standard UTF-8 characters stackoverflow.com
I got a problem when inserting unusual characters into MongoDB. The characters are as follows: é è í ì á à... etc basically, characters that are mostly used in latin countries. when I insert ...
51. Can not send special characters (UTF-8) from JSP to Servlet: question marks displayed stackoverflow.com
I have a problem sending special characters like cyrillic or umlauts from a jsp to a servlet. I would greatly appreciate your help here. Here is what I have done:
52. Why does my json string have 28 unprintable characters in it? stackoverflow.com
I am producing a JSON string from a database query in JSP but it always has unprintable characters in it and I don't understand why! The JSP to produce the JSON is ...
53. How to get client Encoding? stackoverflow.com
I'm writing a jsp website in which I get a query from client. I have to normalize the encoding of the query, I mean I should change the query from its ...
54. In Jsp Page issues in displaying Character Encoding stackoverflow.com
I have written jsp page in which i create String with gb2312 charset, Then i pass the string to the JSP Page. But in the jsp page i have give pageencoding ...
55. multiple language support in jsp page stackoverflow.com
While using the above directive in the JSP page, it can't display Russian and Hungarian characters in the JSP page. Is there any way to support Russian and ...
56. Exception in Using org.mozilla.universalchardet.UniversalDetector stackoverflow.com
I am writing a jsp page, in which I want to determine the character encoding of request parameters. This is my code:
57. How to configure UTF-8 on Velocity? stackoverflow.com
Using Java, Servlets, MySQL, Tomcat and Velocity, the following steps were taken:
58. how to print utf-8 in jsp? stackoverflow.com
I am developing a web-site in jsp which is in a non English language(Persian). I have a string (query) in utf-8 which I want to print on page. I just know ...
59. Exporting 2 byte character data from jsp to excel coderanch.com
Hi, I would request any help on the following. How to export 2 BYTE character data that is displayed in a JSP to an Excel spreadsheet ?I am working on a multilingual application with Oracle as the back end. I want to export the data both in English and japnese. The code written below, displays the data in English(in excel),but in ...
60. JSP expressions, double quote character, INPUT field coderanch.com
Sean If your returning a double quote character to the browser try to use the escape for it: & quot; I had to put a space between the & and the rest of it so it doesn't get turned into a ". When you use just make sure there are no spaces in it. That should do it for you. [ ...
61. Character Encoding coderanch.com
Please do not cross post your questions to multiple forums. Most of the visitors here read in many of the forums and it is frustrating to see the same question repeated over and over. You have a better chance of getting a correct and timely answer if you post it to the most appropriate forum instead of using the shotgun approach ...
62. Character encoding issue coderanch.com
63. Internationalisation - Japanese Characters coderanch.com
64. cannot use utf-8 to store utf-8 character, please help coderanch.com
65. Problems With Character Encoding coderanch.com
66. Problem in setting character encoding in JSP coderanch.com
67. Problem in displaying Japanese Characters on Web coderanch.com
68. JSP Character Encoding coderanch.com
69. Displaying Japanese characters in JSP coderanch.com
70. Auto-dectect character encoding in JSP coderanch.com
71. Character encoding problem in properties file coderanch.com
Hi, I'm storing error messages in a properties file and - if necessary - display them in a jsp. The jsp specifies an encoding of text/html, charset = UTF-8. In my Eclipse workspace preferences, I specify an encoding of UTF-8 for text files. Now, I have to use the character in my properties file. Somehow, Eclipse wants me to use ...
72. Internationalization (specifically with Chinese characters) coderanch.com
I have a weird problem I can't quite figure out. I am also not even sure if I'm posting in the correct forum, so please move my post if necessary. Basically I am trying to get an HTML post to work with a chinese character. I have a form that is multipart/form-data encoded:The form ...
73. Special characters with query string coderanch.com
74. Problem in displaying the double byte kana characters in csv coderanch.com
I am facing a problem with double byte values (Kanji, Kana Characters - Japenese). I have an application which fetches the double byte values from db and displaying it in jsp page. While dislpaying in the jsp, all the kana and kanji are displaying properly. I need to download the csv(excel) of whatever we displaying in the jsp. While opening the ...
75. display of japanese characters in excel sheet coderanch.com
Hi all, I have this peculiar result when I export jsp result to a excel sheet. I display a set of japanese characters (say in a report) with JSP page. When i click on export to excel button, I find the exported results in excel are having some junc characters. I display the report in jsp and export to excel using ...
76. Invalid character ':' in value part of property (JBoss-ds.xml) coderanch.com
78. JSP handling japanese character coderanch.com
79. character encoding from jsp->servlet coderanch.com
Hi, I am having a bit of a problem with japanese character encoding.I have a jsp form which when i submit goes to a validation jsp which forwards the request on to a servlet which enters the data in a database. Unfortunately when the form information goes from the validation jsp to the servlet something goes wrong and i just get ...
80. Reading ISO-8859-1 encoding characters in Servlet coderanch.com
81. Character Encoding in Servlet coderanch.com
82. problem in getting Japanese Characters from HttpServletRequest coderanch.com
83. Write Japanese characters to CSV coderanch.com
What do you mean by "in CSV"? Where are you looking at this file? The problem is that CSV files have no way to specify an encoding. So you need to know what encoding is used when the files are created, and then tell whatever program you're using to look at the CSV which encoding it should use.
84. display japanese characters in jsp coderanch.com
85. Issue in character encoding coderanch.com
Hello friends....... I am currently working on my project and got stuck with a strange problem.......... I am working on windows machine and using eclipse and tomcat for my application......... I am reading data from xls file in my application and storing it in database(mysql)..... in my xls sheet when i give non-english characters it got read correctly by my application ...
86. Send Japanese Characters from JSP to Servlet coderanch.com
87. JSP encoding: ISO-8859 and UTF-8 differences for Spanish characters coderanch.com
Hi all, I'm writing a multi-language application and I'm using UTF-8 encoding in my JSPs: <%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" language="java" %> in in order to render Spanish characters like , , , , and more I need to use html entities like #243; for as an example. If I use ISO-8859 I don't need to use entities to display Spanish ...
88. Encoding issue with Chinese and Japanese characters but not for Korean coderanch.com
89. Content in the exported csv filefrom the java file contains the unwanted character coderanch.com
Hi friends, Can you please help me with this if anybody have come across such issue? I have to export the data (that I have managed in StringBuffer) in a csv. The code worked on my machine and I can see the exported file correctly on my machine. But there are some people who has some different 'Regional and Language Options' ...
90. Issue: Japan character encoding in JSP2.0 on WAS6.1 coderanch.com
Hi, We are migrating our application from WAS5 to WAS6 environment. During this we are observing issue with the Japan encoding characters in displaying in the page. However, no other code is changed, in the JSP except the <%@taglib uri="" %>. Can any one help in this regard. However, I have approached some other teams around who are also migrating their ...
91. HttpServletResponse character encoding - best practice? coderanch.com
93. Character set encoding issue coderanch.com
94. Character encoding, JSP and AJAX? General advice? coderanch.com
96. To display chinese/japanese language Character filename - Java Programming java-forums.org
97. response.setHeader problem in japanese characters filename download java-forums.org
98. problem in getting Japanese Characters from HttpServletRequest forums.oracle.com