1. Java Servlet: How to handle unknown encodings? stackoverflow.com
When a certain user tries to view our web page, a NullPointerException with the message 'charsetName' is thrown when we call response.getWriter(). I decompiled our web server's response class (JRun ...
2. encoding issues with XHTML in JSP Page stackoverflow.com
I am using the following in my jsp page
and the page renders properly except that some characters do not render correctly, for example the "copyright" character/symbol. However, if I use:
3. How to force a JSP to send the page in ISO-8859-1? stackoverflow.com
4. HttpServletRequest - SetParameter stackoverflow.com
I know that I can use
5. problem with encoding when using jspf stackoverflow.com
When I include jspf inside jsp page such as:
the encoding of all Arabic contents has been unreadable. Where can I set encoding style to UTF-8 when including jspf? I need to ...
6. Encoding used for JSESSIONID? stackoverflow.com
I am curious to know which encoding is used for jsessionid. The jsessionid value always contains only alphanumeric characters but nothing else, which makes that kind of encoding safer to user ...
7. Page encoding in JSP stackoverflow.com
I am having two jsp say "first.jsp" and "second.jsp" which is included in "first.jsp". I wanted to display trade mark symbol in jsp so I used
9. When changing the encoding setting in IE, the jsp page get the error Webpage has expired stackoverflow.com
I write a jsp page and run it in jboss. When I change the encoding setting in IE, the page get the error Webpage has expired. I want to know how ...
10. JSP to Excel encoding problem. Value=? stackoverflow.com
Jsp page shows arabic character verywell as like this:
about something bla bla ????? ?????? ??? ?????? ??? ...
11. How to properly encode jsp's created in Eclipse to work with Weblogic 11g. (10.3.5) stackoverflow.com
my problem concerns using Eclipse to create jsp's for deployment onto Weblogic. There seems to be new functionality in Weblogic 11g that detects when a files encoding does not match the ...
12. How do I send Http trailers/footers in a chunked response from within a java servlet? stackoverflow.com
Basically my response headers contain Transfer-encoding=chunked, Trailer=[some trailer I want to send say e.g "SomeTrailer"] Once I'm done writing the data to the Servlet outputstream, I'm writing the trailer "SomeTrailer:[value]", but this is not being ...
13. JSP/Servlet/JDBC encoding(discussion) coderanch.com
14. gif encoding coderanch.com
Hi, I want to generate a number of rectangular boxes with text in each box just like flowcharts.I havent tried anuthing on this but just have the concept in mind.I want to generate it on the fly using jsp pages.For this i need to draw the image on to a virtual awt.Panel object.I am using the GifEncoder API provided by acme ...
15. encoding problem, please help coderanch.com
Hello all I am using tomcat3.3/servlet2.2/Jsp1.1, linux server I am making some Japanese html, JSP pages, and I specify all the encoding to be "Shift-JIS" by or <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=shift_jis" %> I am using servlet to read input from request and instore them into DB. I find everything seems to be working fine if all user sessions ...
16. default encoding problems coderanch.com
my old server is redhat 7.1 + tomcat 4.0 + mysql I fix my problems by 1. add LANG=th_TH to catalina and 2. add <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=TIS620" %> to my jsp page This can solve my problems.... but!! my new server is redhar 7.3 + tomcat 4.1.10 + mysql I can't use my old code... it display "???" with any ...
17. Encoding question coderanch.com
I am trying to display data from database (Shift_JIS format) on a JSP. The data being displayed is garbage as encoding of page is Western European, fair enough. If I change the encoding of page by <@page > directive of main page(which includes other jsps) to shift_jis, the encoding is set properly but data is still garbage. If I display data ...
18. JBuilder8's JSP encoding problem coderanch.com
19. GIF encoding in JSP coderanch.com
Yes I know using a JSP over a Servlet is a bit strange but its because my project will be put on a college server where there was/is an issue over Servlets working. The JSPs work fine though so I would prefer to do the GIF drawing and encoding like that if its possible. Secondly I can't use any packages because ...
20. Chinese Encoding coderanch.com
21. Encoding ISO8859 coderanch.com
Hi all, My database is a EAServer which the charset is ISO_8859_1. When I use to input the chinese data into database (for example company table), I am getting unreadable data that insert the value into it. I don't know whether the data is the ISO_8859_1 data or not. And after I retrieve the value, I use new String(returnValue.getBytes("ISO_8859_1"), "Big5"); to ...
22. charset encoding does not work coderanch.com
23. encoding problems coderanch.com
24. arabic encoding problem coderanch.com
Hello everybody I have a problem with arabic encoding . - if i didn't set any encoding for the jsp page the encoding is set automatically for : Wesstern European(ISO) and the arabic letters are not readable untill I set the encoding with my self for each page from : view>>Encoding menu example : http://www.saidalany.com/1.jsp - if i set the encoding ...
25. problem with paramerer encoding coderanch.com
26. arabic encoding problem with jsp coderanch.com
Dear All, I read many messages about the same problem . but I didn't find out the soloution yet . in breif : - I use this code at the top of all jsp pages : <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=windows-1256" %> - when i write arabic text in simple jsp file , it's fine - when i try to retrieve any ...
27. fmt:setBundle changes the response's encoding. HELP! coderanch.com
28. Charset & encoding Problem coderanch.com
Hi, i am using the jsp page encoding UTF-8 ,but when i try inserting some special characters ,say some german chars like ,, ,they are getting stored in database in a different format.The database is DB2 .is it a problem with the character encoding used by the jsp? any help highly appreciated. Thanks Rajendar
29. Encoding Problem When export to excel coderanch.com
30. unsupported encoding coderanch.com
31. how can i set caharcter encoding in js file coderanch.com
32. charcter encoding in jsp coderanch.com
33. Encoding and Decoding coderanch.com
34. Encoding problem in jsp coderanch.com
35. encoding special characrers coderanch.com
36. runtime encoding probolem coderanch.com
Hi folks In my jsp iam going to populate special characters (<>(*&), it is working fine, but if i substring that one to certain limit(for ex:10) for example if i give like --> &<> to populate in jsp it is taking as --> &<> and it is going to substring and it is taking upto--> &<& but the xml parser not ...
37. is it jsp page encoding problem? coderanch.com
38. Question: How do you send a JSP page as compressed GZIP encoding? coderanch.com
Hi Bill, For example, the below servlet code 'sniffs' the client browser. If the browser accepts gzip encoding, the servlet sends the html output via gzip encoding. If the browser is old (ex: Netscape 3.0) and doesn't accept gzip encoding, the html output is sent normally. I imagine that delivering html content in gzip-compressed format can make a big difference to ...
39. How to tell browsers which encoding to use from inside the servlet? coderanch.com
40. GZip encoding in JSPs coderanch.com
41. Encoding problem in servlet coderanch.com
Dear All, I hope all of you get this mail in good health and mode. Please i need your help at some problem. I'm developing a web site using apahce server as a web server and the site will be in a language other than English. I'm using a db2 database. The problem happend as it's: 1) I get the parameters ...
42. Arabic encoding problem coderanch.com
43. Arabic encoding coderanch.com
44. JSP Page Encoding coderanch.com
45. HttpServletRequest getReader() - encoding problem coderanch.com
To overcome the problem of receiving request POST parameters with chunked transfer encoding, I am using the following code... //request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8"); //makes no difference! BufferedReader paramsReader = request.getReader(); String paramsString = paramsReader.readLine(); ...to obtain the paramsString. One of the parameter values being sent is an email address, but the "@" symbol is turned into "%40". Presumably, request.getReader() is using the wrong encoding, ...
46. JSP Encoding coderanch.com
47. how can i choose the right encoding to read arabic coderanch.com
48. Problems of encoding in firefox coderanch.com
49. Problem with encoding type in the browser coderanch.com
50. Arabic Encoding in Java Studio Creator coderanch.com
51. HttpServletResponse encoding problem @ WebSphere 6.1 forums.oracle.com
52. encoding problem in jsp forums.oracle.com
53. HttpServletResponse encoding problem when using IE (internet explorer) forums.oracle.com
Could be any number of places. You could have your servlet container hard-coded to use that for responses. You could have wrapped the servlet response's output stream with a Writer that by default used ISO-8859-1. And so on. You should examine the headers which are being sent to your browser to see where rogue encodings are sneaking in. This is easier ...
54. Unicode encoding in Servlet forums.oracle.com
55. Problem with Content Encoding within a Servlet forums.oracle.com
**** ADDED - I thought I could work around this by just adding another header that the URLReader could query. However, again, on the development machine, everything works fine, the new header is returned. On the production machine, the header is not returned. So I added code to the servlet to simply write something to the logs so that I can ...
56. Jsp Encoding problem forums.oracle.com
57. Servlet encoding forums.oracle.com
There are two fields in my database that need to contain cyrillic text. The database is set up correctly with nvarchar datatypes. The jsp's are encoded correctly also. When the user enters cyrillic into a text box on the jsp and then submits it then goes through the servlet to enter to the database, by the time it gets entered into ...