2. Is ResourceBundle fallback resolution broken in Resin3x? stackoverflow.com
Given the following ResourceBundle properties files:
3. How to internationalize a java web application stackoverflow.com
I learnt from Google that Internationalization is the process by which i can make my web application to use all languages. I want to understand unicode for the process of internationalization, ...
4. Adding i18n support after the fact stackoverflow.com
I apologise in advance if this is a bit of a subjective/discussion type question. What I would like to have are good ways to retrofit locale information to a web application ...
5. Java web application i18n stackoverflow.com
I've been given the (rather daunting) task of introducing i18n to a J2EE web application using the 2.3 servlet specification. The application is very large and has been in active development ...
6. Help required in implementing internationalization in JSP coderanch.com
Hi, I am using JSP on weblogic 6. I am trying to implement localization in JSP to display locale specific text in the HMTL page rendered as well as for the data obtained from the database. For rendering locale-specific labels in the HTML page I have fetched the text from resource bundles and added the <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %> tag ...
7. JSP Pages and i18n coderanch.com
Hi - I do not have a concrete answer. I have never done anything like that. I think you need a small prototype. I would put together a two or three page site, and code it both ways. The pages should have same basic functionalities as your real site. Document *every* thing you do, what results were expected, what were surprises. ...
8. Internationalization Problem coderanch.com
9. Need Help in Internationalization coderanch.com
We are developing one Global application which will be deployed in multiple languages like englilsh,japanese etc. here is my problem:- When we pass an english character from frontend(JSP)to servlet and then to database it occupies 1 byte. But when I am passing japanese characters , for a single character its taking 6 bytes. Ideally it should take 4 bytes for each ...
10. I18N in J2EE Application. coderanch.com
11. Internationalization coderanch.com
12. i18n related coderanch.com
13. Exception handling internationalization in multiple client environment? coderanch.com
Hi, I really need your help about the exception handling in a multiple client environemnt. Basically, on the server side, we have got a bunch of classes as our libraries. Inside the clases, we throw exceptions, which needs to be internationalized. We hope we could pick the right locale based on the web-client. And then use the locale to pick the ...
14. Internationalization coderanch.com
Hello! There's probably an incredible simple solution to this, but I've searched all over sun's site and this site and can't seem to find the answer. I've got a jsp site which is internationalized using property files, and it works well. I just wonder how I can make certain parts of the text I get from the prop file bold? Thanks ...
15. internationalization coderanch.com
16. Pros and Cons of Internationalization coderanch.com
17. Doubt about I18N coderanch.com
18. internationalization in jsp coderanch.com
am working on a JSP which has static content hardcoded into it I wanna replace that static content,so i have kept the messages into the properties file. eg:in the properties file equipments.text.compatible_equipment= compatible equipments and now I have crfeated an Interface in Java and declared constanstants equating to these keys eg public static final String EQUIPMENT_COMPATIBLE="equipments.text.compatible_equipment"; now in the jsp page; ...
19. Internationalization in JSP coderanch.com
20. industrial strenght internationalization coderanch.com
21. Internationlization JSP Labels coderanch.com
Hello Everybody, any thoughts and suggestion on this would be great. I have an existing application which was created for North American Customers. Now I have to internationalize it using ResourceBundles. Now the problem is jsp Labels! All labels are already hard coded into JSP pages. To internationalize I will have to copy all these labels into resource bundle and use ...
22. internationalization help! coderanch.com
23. Internationalization coderanch.com
Hi, We need to Internationalize our website with providing different langs like French, German, Greek, Japan etc..... Mainly our concentration is Japan lang. We need to internationlize everything like Dates, Amounts not only text. So, when the user enters date in the text box of JSP in format of mm/dd/yyyy then it should change accoring to the lang, for example Japanese ...
24. Help needed in internationalization of J2EE application coderanch.com
Hi, In our J2EE based application, we need to support multiple language input in a text box. The requirement is: When a user inputs some value in a text box in any language other than English, the same should be stored in data base and next time when we display users profile, the value should be displayed in the same language. ...
25. Internationalization workaround coderanch.com
Hi, I was having trouble doing this in Struts so I come to think of this idea of templating and I want to hear your suggestions. My app comes in two versions, english and arabic. So now, the problem is how to convert everything to Arabic. The best idea I could think of so far is setting a session variable, then ...
26. fmt:setBundle usage for internationalization coderanch.com
Hi, i'm trying to use internationalization in my application. for this, i have 2 properties files(one for us and other for french) when i use the below tag(
27. Different behaviour in internationalization coderanch.com
28. Internationalization coderanch.com
Hi All, Looking for some "best Practices" advice here. I have a properties file which I have some text messages defined in, for example, I have a String called "Select One" which I put as the first entry of several select box's. My question is this, right now, everytime I load the list of items for the select list, I open ...
29. Internationalization in Custom Taglibs coderanch.com
30. Internationalization of string coderanch.com
In my application,some strings are hard-coded in jsp-scriplets and those are used to display to client as messages ( like "'ID' parameter does not exist" ).But if i want to make my application as internationalized standard, i have to remove all hard-coded string from my jsp-scriplets.Can anybody tell me hw to do this,what architecture should i follow? ex:-
31. i18n JSPs coderanch.com
32. The value is not displaying correctly in I18N coderanch.com
33. Internationalization coderanch.com
Internationalizing a web site is a major effort no matter which approach you choose. You may have to adjust the layout, too, since many languages (and definitely Spanish) use more letters on average than English for the same text. Using JSTL seems like good advice; introducing Struts just for this is overkill.
34. J2EE Internationalization coderanch.com
35. i18n of mammoth JSP sites.. coderanch.com
36. Internationalization in servlet 2.4 coderanch.com
37. Jsp Parser or Lexer API for Internationalization coderanch.com
38. Jsp Parser API for the sake of Internationalization coderanch.com
We've a site (WAP site)developed with lots of java code in between and lots of custom tags and jstl tags. Now, We had a task of internationalization of those pages.We had to separate out the strings (as it is WAP, no'of string per page is less) in to any property file. As the pages are more than thousand ,manually doing them ...
39. I18N in JSP coderanch.com
Usually I work on Swing UI and simple servlets. So please bear with me! I have an application in Swing. for i18n I have used resource bundles. I also have a helper class which I use for the language and text related stuff. So far so good. Works smooth as silk. Yesterday, I was told, that our management, in their infinite ...
40. Internationalization (JSP) coderanch.com
41. Need an approach to achieve Internationalization of the Dynamic data coderanch.com
Hi All, We are having a simple Servlets/JSp based Security application. We are using the LDAP database to store the user data. This application is used through out the Europe region.. and there are many users who doesn't understand the English language.. The Data in the LDAP database is stored in the Englisg language.. The current requirement is to display this ...
42. Creating a key:value list with EL and Internationalization coderanch.com
43. How to test internationalization in java using locale coderanch.com
44. i18N problem coderanch.com
Hi, I have a problem when I try to internationalize my web application. I wanted that user choose at begin either English or Serbian language. However it is site done in Serbian language, and to perform such my JSP's are encoded in UTF-8 format, in order to suport letter like - . I have add this header ...
45. Internationalization in Servlet coderanch.com
46. Need i18n implementation in JSP coderanch.com
47. i18n implementation coderanch.com
48. Need suggestion on Internationalization coderanch.com
49. JSP Portlet with internationalization liferay.com
50. Internationalization of JSP's on Liferay liferay.com
Hi All I am running Liferay Portal on MAC OS X. I have deployed a Spring portlet on the Liferay. I want to implement i18n in my JSP's. For that i am using Spring message tags.(Ex-
51. i18n - cms pages / jsp -supported locales (de_DE and de_CH, liferay.com