1. What does the servlet
2. How can I use the J2EE Timer Service API in the Servlet startup code? stackoverflow.com
For a background job which I would like to run in a J2EE container, I found the suggestion to create a startup servlet and use the Timer Service API to create ...
3. What are the possible values of load_on_startup in a servlet entry on web.xml? stackoverflow.com
4. How to invoke a Servlet (doGet) in a web application on startup? stackoverflow.com
I need to invoke a Servlet on application startup since it contains some application initialization logic. I know I can set load-on-startup configuration, but this will only invoke Servlet’s init method. I ...
5. RESTlet startup initialization deprecated? stackoverflow.com
I'm trying to use the restlet.org library to build a RESTful web interface, and I've noticed that unlike it's servlet counterpart, it has no complement to GenericServlet.init(). Short of building ...
6. Guice Servlet project fails with IllegalAccessException on startup stackoverflow.com
I'm using the Guice servlet module and trying to get just the basic filter and listener running. When I start my servlet container I get a java.lang.IllegalAccessException wrapped in an ...
7. Startup Servlet for WAR File stackoverflow.com
I am deploying a .WAR file on Tomcat v5.5. I want to run a thread on the startup of the war file. So I am thinking of using Startup Servlet for ...
8. Right way for handling a java web application startup error stackoverflow.com
I'm currently writing a java web application that performs specific checks at startup. Example, checking that the configuration file exists and defines all the required setting variables. I placed the checking code ...
9. Upgrade from JBoss 4.2.3GA to JBossAS 5.1.0: startup error during loadServlet custom ActionServlet.init stackoverflow.com
We are migrating a legacy Struts 1.2.4 app from JBoss 4.2.3GA to JBossAS 5.1.0 (if you've seen some of my other questions about migrating from JBoss 4.2.3GA, we gave up on ...
11. web.xml load class on startup into context stackoverflow.com
I have a class that I want to instantiate at startup. It does concurrent stuff and has to be visible for all incoming requests. Placing it in the ServletContext should be ...
12. how to initialize a servlet on sever startup stackoverflow.com
I have written a simple servlet with
13. Java Web Application - LoadLibrary at Application Startup stackoverflow.com
I have developed an WebApplication with Java-Servlets. It is running in a GlassFish-Server (on a Windows-Plattform). Now I need to load a DLL with JNI. I use System.loadLibrary(dll) to do this. ...
14. how to load servlet on startup? bytes.com
15. Alternative to Startup servlet forum.springsource.org
Hi, I am writing an application that was initially planned for working with servlet, Now we are using groovy, we can use templates to install servlets but, I dont know how ...
16. Servlet being loaded twice on startup with debug forums.netbeans.org
megaskins Joined: 03 Dec 2009 Posts: 5 Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:26 pm Post subject: Servlet being loaded twice on startup with debug A coworker is having ...
17. JBPM Context in Startup servlet seamframework.org
Hi all, I have a requirement where I want a backgroung running service using quartz to perform all jbpm state operations. i.e. in which the system would be interacting with an external system. Now my question is this if i run this service manually from my application after starting the server it works perfect. But if i try to get it ...
18. JSP load on startup coderanch.com
19. running JSPs during application server startup coderanch.com
20. Loading JSPs on Application server startup coderanch.com
21. Create a js file at web application startup coderanch.com
22. startup help coderanch.com
23. Jboss thrwos exception while startup: coderanch.com
24. Startup servlets coderanch.com
Hi , In conversation with an ApplicationServer administrator , I came across the fact , that servlets should not be marked as a startup servlet (a servlet whose init() method is invoked by the application server when it comes up).The reason being , that an improperly written (read as poor exception handling) servlet might cause the servlet engine to crash .. ...
25. Startup of servlets/ JVM:s coderanch.com
Hi! My question is about how the servlets gets started and if they all end up in the same VM. Some data: I'm using Tomcat4 and have implemented 2 servlets - StartupServlet (sets up the environment with the db and reads some config) - AdminServlet (this is the servlet that gets called everytime from the web server) The StartupServlet starts around ...
26. Loading Servlet On Startup coderanch.com
Hi Phil, I have tried your code snippet too. But even then I dont get to see the desired result. As to what Mike says reference the servlet through a proper alias, in that case it is quite obvious that that init() method will definitely execute because init() method is executed only once before handling 0 or more client requests. ...
27. ok to run thread in load-on-startup servlet? coderanch.com
Hi All- I trying to come up with a simple solution for distributed cache updates across multiple servlet engines (without using MQ/JMS) ... I'm thinking of writing a singleton class called by a load-on-startup servlet to monitor for changes in another servlet engine's cache so servers can sync up their cache... when servlet engine 1 updates its cache, a DB update ...
28. Startup servlet init() called twice coderanch.com
29. Calling a servlet on startup coderanch.com
30. ServletContextListener and load-on-startup coderanch.com
31. Problems calling servlet at startup coderanch.com
32. Loading two servlets at the startup? coderanch.com
33. Problem in loading servlet in startup coderanch.com
34. Startup servlet getting initialised twice. coderanch.com
35. load on startup in servlets coderanch.com
36. Startup Servlet in weblogic clustered environment coderanch.com
37. startup timer servlet coderanch.com
38. Servlet failed to preload on startup in Web application coderanch.com
39. load a servlet after startup coderanch.com
Thanks for your replies and here are my answers to the queries but did not solve the problem To: Vijitha Kumara: I perform a JNDI lookup which uses a context object for the lookup.But when i started the application it threw an illegal state exception (after the null pointer exception) saying that the context object does not exist To Paul Michael: ...
40. starting two servlets in load on startup coderanch.com
Thanks for your response.Actually i need to run the two servlets and print the "Hello world" from the first servlet and "This is second servlet " from the second servlet. But in the console,The output "Hello world" only printed and second servlet does not prints its output.Is this possible to do? or am i doing wrong?
41. Server Startup Problems coderanch.com
Doing Enterprise Javabeans for a class, and can't get my JBoss server to start up correctly. I am using Eclipse, JRE 1.5, JBoss 4.2, and Oracle 11g on my Windows XP machine. My persistence.xml file looks like this:
42. @Startup annotation coderanch.com
No, they don't...What I'm looking for is an annotation that gives me the oportunity for make a call to a business function that I have in my app, but I only need to make this call when I'm deploying my app, the problem now with @Startup is that is only available in ejb 3.1 and my app is in ejb 3.0, ...
43. Create and Compile Java class on application startup via Servlet coderanch.com
Hi, I am working on restructuring and migrating an old J2EE app to our new unix environment(deployed in Weblogic server). As part of the ant build process we have a target that calls a GenerateDBMetadata.java file which creates a DBMetadata.java class by connecting to the database and getting a list of all procedures and storing them in a hashmap. This class ...
44. Servlet failed to preload on startup in Web application coderanch.com
45. load on startup for 2servlets? coderanch.com
46. how to make a servlet to run at startup of the application coderanch.com
47. Servlet loading on application startup coderanch.com
49. Servlet with load on startup zkoss.org
Hi there, I want to do some initialization stuff on the server startup and not actually when request for application, right now i'm trying to create a servlet with load on startup. But it is not called on startup. When i'm entering the url for that servlet it is called. So is there any way to do this or m i ...
50. Servlet load-on-startup forums.oracle.com