1. Servlet for serving static content stackoverflow.com
I deploy a webapp on two different containers (Tomcat and Jetty), but their default servlets for serving the static content have a different way of handling the URL structure I want ...
2. Servlets and static content with JRuby embedded jetty stackoverflow.com
I would like to serve servlets and static content with jetty embedded in JRuby. I tried this:
3. Making Velocity Template Object Static stackoverflow.com
Is it good to make Velocity Template Object Static? The situation is im going to use this object in (Servlet) multi user environment populating different data for each user-request with same template. ...
4. Static Access to HashMap/Array? stackoverflow.com
Here's an example of a static method that is used in a web application. As you can see, the String allergensArr gets insantiated each time that this method ...
5. Static Classes in Servlet stackoverflow.com
I make static classes in servlet, these classes are controllers for web pages. Requests are redirected to controllers by controller urls that are in static HashMap that contains all controllers. Are ...
6. How to configure routing for a java web app stackoverflow.com
Is there an easy way to rout all requests (except a few specific cases) for url "mysite/" to path "mysite/index.html?" Is it possible to do it only by editing web.xml file?
7. Optimized throughput of static content from app server stackoverflow.com
I am building a small web application that primarily needs to serve up protected static content -- some flash (.swf) files > 20MB -- from an application server (Websphere) that is ...
8. Jsp declaration element stackoverflow.com
When I run the file, I got this error. Can anybody explain? "The ...
9. Using static strings to define input field names in JSPs - good idea or not? stackoverflow.com
I've just be asked to work on a large portal project and have been looking through the established code. I keep finding this in the jsps:
10. Include static file in JSP with variable filename on WebSphere 6 stackoverflow.com
I'm struggling with including a static file into my JSPs on Websphere 184.108.40.206. I tried this:
11. Questions about serving static files from a servlet stackoverflow.com
12. Servlets, development, and a CDN for static files stackoverflow.com
I'm working on a Java site (jQuery, Wicket, Maven, Spring, Hibernate) and we have just started using a CDN to serve static files on our production server. We use a placeholder ...
13. Java Servlet Static Class stackoverflow.com
I'm learning J2EE and migrating my AP.NET project into Java. IN Asp.NET I have Helper class which has methods like encode decode, convert, etc... In ASP.NET I'm initiating public static class Helper ...
14. Static method from servlet stackoverflow.com
I'm writing my Servlet application and would like to use the following static method which will multiply x and y.
15. Static Variables Behaviour in a Java Servlet stackoverflow.com
I am developing a java servlet that while running, starts different objects methods in new threads. Those threads should access a variable that describes the specific servlet instance, say jobId. For ...
16. how can i get static field in JSP file? stackoverflow.com
i set a static field in jsp page
how can i get this static variable
17. Reference static fields in JSP without using scriptlets stackoverflow.com
Possible Duplicate:So I have a JSP that currently has no scriptlets in it, i.e. there are no occurrences of "<%" ...
18. Serve a static image file from the filesystem in a servlet? stackoverflow.com
How do I serve an image file in the filesystem from a servlet?
19. where put images files in big multimodules web app stackoverflow.com
I have big WEB application (jsp). What is the best way to put images files? Where to put images files in multi modules web application? I have many images so I ...
20. what is meant by that in a servlet (private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L)? stackoverflow.com
Can any one tell me that what is the meaning of
21. How to access - with EL - an static field of a imported object stackoverflow.com
Possible Duplicate:Let's say I have a class with a
22. accessing static field of class from jsp stackoverflow.com
In a web app, my servlet is printing html as below
23. EL: how to print static variables? stackoverflow.com
I have the following JSP page:
Somehow, only ...
24. JSP page to static HTML using Java code stackoverflow.com
How do I save a dynamic JSP page to a static HTML page using Java code? I want to save JSP output to an HTML page and save it on the local ...
25. How to allow access to static content when having default servlet stackoverflow.com
I map all requests to /* to a specific servlet. My static content is hidden by this configuration. How can i allow access to specific files (such as crossdomain.xml)?
27. How to call a static method in JSP/EL? stackoverflow.com
I'm new to JSP. I tried connecting MySQL and my JSP pages and it works fine. But here is what I needed to do. I have a table attribute called "balance". Retrieve ...
28. How to change location of static file in WAR archive? stackoverflow.com
By default static files are located in
I want to change ...
29. What's the best way to add dynamic content into a static html page fom a servlet? stackoverflow.com
I've written up a few servlets to mimick the handling of login requests in order to more understand how this communication works, aswell as how the creation and managing of cookies ...
30. Are static members shared across applications in a JEE compliant servlet container? stackoverflow.com
If I have a Servlet class, and this class is used in two applications - are static members of shared across both applications? Is this behaviour specified by JEE or container specific? ...
31. Generating Static HTML App from a JSP site stackoverflow.com
I've a Java web app, using JSP+Struts2+Spring and Dojox.mobile. Is there any best practice to turn the web app into a static html app ? I've to package it at the ...
32. Servlet Performance: Generate Static Content Dynamically? stackoverflow.com
I have a web-page with content, which has to be generated. However, the generation could happen up-front, it's basically not more than generating multiple versions of the same file. I.e. I ...
33. Best way to handle large amounts of static text, images when creating pdf using iText stackoverflow.com
We are going to use iText to create a large report. There will be a lot of static text and images that will be the same for every report. We will ...
34. why EL functions in jsp must be declared as static? stackoverflow.com
I am reading some JSP text regarding EL user-defined functions, and the author said these kinds of functions must be declared static and gave no other explanation. I have tried to ...
35. Static includes in Portlet jsp coderanch.com
36. using huge static data in JSP coderanch.com
Hi There, I am facing the following problem, I have to share huge data around 1.5 MB across JPS. It is fetched from DAO (SOAP service) and stored in HashMap as name value pairs. Note that this data will be refreshed every two day so it is sought of static and dyanmic as well. I am thinking Option 1: I would ...
37. JSP + static variables coderanch.com
Yes, you can declare static variables in JSP, but the value of doing so is dubiuos. The issue was that his method was declared inside JSP declaration tags ( <%! %> ) which made it a method of the servlet class. But his variable was defined inside scriptlet tags ( <% %> ) which meant the variable was scoped inside the ...
38. problem with jsp accessing a servlets static methods coderanch.com
I am getting this message when trying to access a servlets static method in a jsp. error: File C:\Jakarta\tomcat\webapps\myApp\Web-Inf\classes\JspUtils.java does not contain type JspUtils as expected. Please adjust the class path so that the file does not appear in the unnamed package. I am not sure what this means as there is no package declaration in the JspUtils class. I had ...
39. static variables ? coderanch.com
40. Static method and classes coderanch.com
41. accessing non-static methods from JSP coderanch.com
42. static results in JSP pages coderanch.com
Dear all, I am a new member of the group.I have to build an application using JSP. I created the .JSP files and put them in the tomcat directory jsp-examples\mydirectory\.. also i created my login.java file and put that at WEB-INF\classes directory. Now the problem is when i called the TOMCAT i cud execute and link my JSP files with the ...
43. Reusing a "mostly" static chunk of HTML coderanch.com
44. how to select a static row at runtime in jsp? coderanch.com
45. Dynamic vs Static include coderanch.com
46. jsp static include - no joy coderanch.com
Hey guys, wonder if you can help with this small problem... trying to include a jspf frag in my main jsp (as a header), but it doesn't appear. In my web-app structure, I have placed files in the following places:- The jspf fragment (header) -> Gallery/WebRoot/WEB-INF/jspf/Header.jspf The image called by the fragment -> Gallery/WebRoot/images/logo.gif The main jsp that is trying to ...
47. static fields and EL coderanch.com
48. JSP--Java class's static variable coderanch.com
hi all, I have strange problem with JSP. I am using a static variable of a Java Class in JSP. If I change the variable value in Java class, compile it with out changing/re-compiling the JSP, that change is not getting effected. But when I re-compile JSP, the Java class's changes are getting affected. Can anybody tell me what happens when ...
49. How to handle site if static data volume is big coderanch.com
50. Static include vs Dynamic include in JSP coderanch.com
51. static and dynamic includes coderanch.com
52. application and static content coderanch.com
53. static variables coderanch.com
54. Static methods and variable in jsp coderanch.com
Yes it is possible. No, is is not advised. Why put java code in a JSP? If you have a static method that you want to declare, create a java class for it and declare it there. There is absolutely no motivation to put them into a JSP, whereas by putting it into a java class, you can get compile time ...
55. decalring static varibles in JSP coderanch.com
56. static content access coderanch.com
57. jsp:forward action (was Static and dynamic inclusion in jsp) coderanch.com
58. How to control static pages and dynamic pages coderanch.com
59. Static Block in JSPs coderanch.com
60. Difference between static and dynamic include coderanch.com
61. JSP function modifer's , static varibles etc... coderanch.com
62. MDBs and static HibernateUtil/Configuration coderanch.com
In the onMessage() method of a Message-Driven Bean there is code that uses a HibernateUtil class to get a reference to a SessionFactory. The code for creating the SessionFacotry is implemented in a static initialization block in the HibernateUtil class. sessionFactory = new Configuration().configure().buildSessionFactory(); This static initialization block executes when the class is loaded in the application server's JVM. And the ...
63. Static data in Servlets coderanch.com
Hello, I m facing a problem in updating a static data member of some class in servlet Context as well as in simple Java Application at the same time . Problem is that Servlet is not considering the static Context of the object and treat it as a seperate instance. How can i update a static data member of some class ...
65. Static Include files in servlet coderanch.com
66. Static methods and JSP coderanch.com
67. Can i invoke a static method from JSP coderanch.com
68. Reading static files with servlets coderanch.com
69. static vars vs. servlet context coderanch.com
Bill, I guess I'm not sure how using static variables would make the base servlet (and it's children) any more complex. I'm working on a framework where there are a number of utility and helper classes that perform various services such as logging, JDBC connections, security, and app configuration. What I'm doing is using a single servlet (I call it AppInitializer) ...
70. Servlets - static methods - User unique data - The Good, Bad & Ugly coderanch.com
Hi folks, I teach Java and have one of those classes right now that REALLY need to get down to the absolute whys, whens, & hows... I will say they are a great bunch because they are ALWAYS keeping me on my toes & challenging me....BUT I seem to have hit a major wall trying to explain to them why static ...
71. Static Properties in Classes used by Servlets coderanch.com
72. static methods and servlets coderanch.com
73. Servlets and Static variables... coderanch.com
74. Static & Instance in Servlet coderanch.com
75. Instance Vs Static in Servlet coderanch.com
76. Static method and Servlet coderanch.com
77. static variable in servlet - when can we use? coderanch.com
There is one "gotcha" to look out for if you're going to declare static variables in a servlet app. It's a bit of a fringe case but is probably worth mentioning. In containers like Tomcat, each webapp has it's own classloader for it's servlets. This means static variables declared in classes within one app will be isolated from other apps running ...
78. static variable in a servlet coderanch.com
79. Difference b/w Dynamic & Static Servlets coderanch.com
80. static variables and methods in servlet coderanch.com
First, static variables and static methods are two different topics. Unless you have a real good reason to use them and you really know what you're doing, I'd avoid using static variables in web apps. Doing so can lead to some confusing behavior. [ September 29, 2006: Message edited by: Ben Souther ]
81. Servlet design - static methods coderanch.com
82. Serving static assets from a servlet coderanch.com
Hi- I'm putting together a little mini-framework for a project I'm doing. I'm using a front controller servlet to process all requests (
83. can Static code block be used in java servlets? coderanch.com
84. does variable declared in declaration automatically become static coderanch.com
85. Fundamental Doubt about static methods coderanch.com
86. Error while loading static content coderanch.com
Hi all, I have created a template jsp with header and footer.The body content will be a static content(html) that will be coming from web server.For that i have used c:import tag to retrieve from web server.Now the problem is we are having a old site eg.http://www.abc.com user will click a link in old site it is redirecting to our new ...
87. anything available just like static? coderanch.com
88. static methods in Servlet coderanch.com
90. Jsp expecting Static reference to execute java function coderanch.com
91. Sharing a Static Object between Servlets coderanch.com
92. Static on the JEE server coderanch.com
Hallo, I have a running argument with colleague. His application has a front of EJBs. All those delegate the real work to classes which have only static methods. His reasoning is that this improves performance because no objects have to be instantiated. Of cause we know that this is not valid because the JEE server maintains a pool of EJBs which ...
93. static synchronized method in a StatelessSessionBean coderanch.com
Hello, I have a question about thread synchronization in StatelessSessionBean in JEE 5 (JBoss 5.1): I have a stateless session bean with a method A that is called from a web application, triggered by a button click in a JSP. This method A checks the status of a specific entity bean B1. If it has the status "running" it throws an ...
94. How many ways we can call Static HTML page from Servlet coderanch.com
95. Is static calls within Servlet performant coderanch.com
96. Efficiency question about using static final objects coderanch.com
97. JSP declaration instance/static variable doubt coderanch.com
98. Does it make any need to have static variables inside a Servlet coderanch.com
99. static utility class from servlet coderanch.com
Im pretty sure its ok but is it thread safe to use a static utility class from a servlet as long as you pass in the session or request object? I assume that if there is all member variables and no global ones everything is thread safe to process some code in a utility from a servlet like so? thanks public ...
100. Application Scope or Static Methods coderanch.com