1. How to get a Servlet Request attribute in Struts 2.2.1? stackoverflow.com
I'm reading some tutorial where before invocating any action there is a filter that sets an attribute in the ServletRequest as Connection.
2. How to access dynamic attributes in JSP (Struts2) stackoverflow.com
In Action I re set sent parameters.
3. AJAX-Request always generates new JSESSION-ID. How to store attributes? stackoverflow.com
I run an AJAX-Request with JQuery like this:
4. How can I get specific Request Attributes? stackoverflow.com
So right now I have code that will display the from the url: URL:
What is shown:
And here is the code that will display ...
5. Set a request attribute depending on the link clicked stackoverflow.com
I would like to determine which link is being click, and set a request attribute accordingly; to be processed in the controller. The controller is generic. It will dispatch to another ...
6. Can't get request attribute in struts action class stackoverflow.com
I have a jsp page. I am calling the jsp page in a iframe and appending new parameter to the url. The usrl looks like http:\localhost:8080\Search.pp?blah=true; So when as the search page called ...
When loading a page, I have the following in my controller:
I want to access this in my JSP file. In the HTML section, I am familiar with using things like:
8. request attributes coderanch.com
i had this problem regarding request attributes. i had a main_frame.jsp compose of file1.jsp and file2.jsp. i was trying to get the attribute i set from the command handler class in file1.jsp. the command handler class forward the request to main_frame.jsp(this file can get the attribute) but the file1.jsp(cannot get the attribute). as a temporary solution i set the attribute using ...
9. request attribute coderanch.com
Is it possible to store an attribute in the request in one jsp and get this attribute out at another jsp? This is the code I have: test.jsp ---------- <% request.setAttribute ( "test", "test data" ); out.println ( "here" ); %> test2.jsp --------- <% String text = (String)request.getAttribute ( "test" ); out.println ( "this is the text: " + text ...
10. request attribute problem in Jsp coderanch.com
11. Diff between request and session attribute coderanch.com
Request scope only exists for the lifetime of a single request/response cycle. The session exists for the duration of a user session. Therefore request attributes are only available during a single request, while session attributes remain available for the duration of the session. You should use request in favor of session attributes when the attribute does not need to "live" beyond ...
12. request attributes being lost coderanch.com
Hi I have a question regarding the scope of the request variables when frames are used.I have a link from which i go to an action and store some variables in req scope and will reach a jsp which is made up of three frames and the middle frame is a jsp which in turn comprises of frames.Now in these jsps ...
13. accessing request scope attribute coderanch.com
15. How to clear a request attribute/entry coderanch.com
Hello I have an entry form. When the user clicks on submit, the information is stored into the DB and the user is sent back to the same form with an alert message informing him that the DB insert was successful. I set a request attribute that the JSP checks to see if the DB insert is successful. If so, then ...
16. Retrieving Request Attribute in IFRAME coderanch.com
hi, I have problem in retrieving the request attribute in IFRAME. the following are the snippets, in jsp1.jsp, i have an IFRAME whose src is jsp2.jsp, where i would like to retrieve the set request attribute, this value i can retrieve in jsp1.jsp, but inside the IFRAME i am getting null value.. jsp1.jsp --------
| <% Collection beans=(Collection)request.getAttribute("CachedBeans"); out.println("Size of cacheBeans ...|
17. can request and session attribute share the same name coderanch.com
18. A diffrent problem on request attributes coderanch.com
19. request attributes coderanch.com
20. seting request.attribute when a link is pressed coderanch.com
21. Setting request attributes on reloading page coderanch.com
Hi, I have a small issue and I feel its solution might be quite easy for anybody who is a little bit more knowledgeable than me. I have a JSP page that is reloading every 10 seconds. In the page I want to display some information that I set as attributes in the servlet that is forwarding to the page. In ...
22. Not able to retrieve the request attribute that was set using c:set tag. coderanch.com
23. request Attribute vs session attribute coderanch.com
In Action class, I have set one parameter in request scope using request.setAtrribute("status","true"); Now it is forwarded to one jsp, in that i tried to retrieve the parameter using request.getAtribute("status"); but i am getting that parameter as null in request scope of jsp. it is not redirected it is simply forwarded to that jsp. is it that the new request being ...
24. Session Attribute works but why not Request Attribute coderanch.com
I have 2 Jsp pages,first.jsp and second.jsp. Inside first.jsp page I am setting 2 attributes name field in session scope and address field in request Scope. and i made a link on click of which second.jsp page will be displayed. Inside second.jsp page i am getting Session Scope attribute but request attribute is null . I understood why session is working ...
25. Text box value is not being completely filled with request attribute coderanch.com
Hi, In a jsp,I am trying to fill the text box value from a request attribute i.e Seller user = (Seller)request.getAttribute("seller"); value = <%= user.getCountry() %> <% } %>size="50" /> whats happening is it is displaying value only before the space ,for example if country is United States,its displaying only United,same ...
I have an application where when the user submits the page, I want a report to come up in a new window, using the parameters that the user entered on the page. The current implementation opens the report in the same page, causing me to lose the rest of the application, because the report is a PDF. As it is right ...
28. Cannot set attribute in request in jsp coderanch.com
The fact that you're calling request.setAttribute should tell you something. Whatever attributes are set in a request, are lost when the request is finished - which it will be right after the JSP page has been generated. (That's long before second.jsp is accessed.) If you want to set attributes that exist for longer than a request/response cycle, use session attributes (for ...
29. request attribute set in the jsp cannot be retrieved in the servlet coderanch.com
31. Removing Request Attribute In Jsp coderanch.com
32. request attribute NULL in JSP page coderanch.com
The process still isn't clear, but let me put down what I see through the fog: (1) You have a JSP called index.jsp. In it you set some request attributes. It runs and generates some HTML which goes out to a browser. (2) There's a submit button in that HTML, and when the user clicks it the browser generates a request ...
33. jsp request attribute tag forums.oracle.com