1. Can include a jsp in a custom TagSupport class, and specify where the body should go? stackoverflow.com
I want to use custom jsp tags to help build a menu in my application. However, I want all the actual HTML to live in JSP files, rather than in ...
3. Problem with jsp:include Tag bytes.com
@dmjpro The several tags <% ... %> and <%= ... %> and <%@ ... %> and <%! ... %> don't nest properly in JSP; those tags don't change it a bit; ...
4. Dynamic include in custom tag body coderanch.com
I am trying to perform the dynamic include of another JSP from within the body of a custom tag using JSP1.1. It cannot be done using
5. Including file in custom tag coderanch.com
Hello, I am trying to get the html from the body content so that I can send it to a file. The only problem is when I use the include it doesn't show the html in the bodyContent.getString(). Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks, Trish I have the following code testjsp.jsp: ...
6. confused about the limitation of the jsp:include tag coderanch.com
JSP gurus, I am confused about the limitation of the jsp:include tag. This is what the Marty Hall book says: "The jsp:include action includes files at the time of the client request and thus does not require you to update the main file when an included file changes. On the other hand, the page has already been translated into a servlet ...
7. How to include servlets from tags? coderanch.com
This is my solution to include from within tags. It includes an ugly hack which I do not recommend. When running OptimizeIt on the application, the flushes seem to be one of the bottlenecks, not significant though. If anyone can come up with a more elegant solution, please post their code. Thanks. In the JSP that is going to use the ...
8. JSP Include tag problem coderanch.com
9. custom tag -> include file -> custom tag coderanch.com
I need a sanity check. I am implementing templates using custom tags. The custom tag calls pageContext.include() which in turn intantiates the same custom tag.Here is the scenario, question, and code I realize the fact that "if a custom tag occurs multiple times on a JSP page, a single instance of the tag handler may be used to handle all of ...
11. include tag problem coderanch.com
Hello Everyone, I have a problem with include tag . It works proberly at my local tomcat server , but it doesnt work at my host when I use a relative path with high level directory . this code works fine :
12. include directive VS Include Tag coderanch.com
13. problem in jsp:include tag coderanch.com
Hi... I am using jsp:include for including code of one page and i used the syntax.
14. Problem with include tag coderanch.com
15. Problem with include tag coderanch.com
hi all, In my haeder file i declared global variables i needed on every page, can i use following include tag <%@ includefile='./../../GEN/GEN/header.jsp'%> when i am using above line of code on top of my page it work fine. but when i try to use include as a jps include like the code below
16. jsp:include tag coderanch.com
17. problem with both jsp: include and %@include tags coderanch.com
I have a situation where I need to include a certain footer into all the jsp in my application. But the footer's file name is dynamically generated at runtime. Therefore I can't use <%@include file=...> directive because it doesn't support the syntax like <%@include file = <%= footername%>.... The alternative is to use the xml tags
18. include tag doesn't show coderanch.com
hi i've set up an app and set the tomcat context path to the directory which contains my files. (unix subsolaris) the jsp file is pulled into the central frame of an html frameset. the jsp page is pulled in ok but i'm using the following for an include footer tag (at the momnet its in the same directory as the ...
19. Include tag in a conditional statement in jsp coderanch.com
20. include tag coderanch.com
21. problem in including jsp file using jsp:include tag coderanch.com
Hi All, I have some problem in including a jsp file dynamically. please help me in solving it.... here is Admin.jsp >>>>>>>>>> <% String action= (String)request.getAttribute("action"); %>
22. JSP include vs TAG coderanch.com
23. jsp include vs. link tag for including CSS coderanch.com
24. How to include Dynamic tag lib in the jsp coderanch.com
25. can i include portion of jsp using include tag coderanch.com
26. Is it possible to use [jsp:include] in a JSP Tag File? coderanch.com
27. what is difference between directive include tag and jsp include tag? coderanch.com
28. Including Tag Libraries coderanch.com
29. How do i use JSP include pag tag to include a java class file coderanch.com
You are attempting to go directly to the servlet class without going thru the servlet engine. This is not how web applications work. Either change the servlet to a JSP (which it should be anyway, you should NEVER use a servlet to stream back html - that is what a JSP is for) or use JSTL to execute the servlet and ...
30. Frustration about including JSP source in tag hangler coderanch.com
31. Facing problem with jsp:include tag coderanch.com
Currently I am developing a online shop which helps in user buying different products. I have a main template which is common to all the pages. This template includes header, footer, main contents dynamically at run time based on conditions. The header and footer files are stored as html files and sometimes their contents will be updated dynamically by other programs. ...
32. JSP include tag problem, please help! coderanch.com
33. which include tag to use? coderanch.com
34. What is the use of having flush="true" in
35. Do Tag files hold advantages over JSP include? coderanch.com
36. Tag files vs