1. In Tomcat how can my servlet determine what connectors are configured? stackoverflow.com
The server.xml can have many connectors, typically port only 8080, but for my application a user might configure their servlet.xml to also have other ports open (say 8081-8088). I would ...
2. Measure Total Network Transfer Time from Servlets stackoverflow.com
How do i measure how long a client has to wait for a request. On the server side it is easy, through a filter for example. But if we want to take ...
3. Problem running a servlet stackoverflow.com
I'm seeing a problem while attempting to run a java servlet under eclipse (Ganymede), I'm running Java 1.6 and Apache Tomcat 6.0. Here is what i am doing:
4. tomcat auto start servlet stackoverflow.com
I have a standard GWT application, and it of course uses a Java servlet on the backend. This servlet is deployed on Tomcat and Windows Server. I know it's against the ...
5. how to get a client's MAC address from HttpServlet? stackoverflow.com
I was asked to write a servlet that collects client's details such as ip, mac address etc.
getting his IP is pretty straight-forward (
6. Tomcat and VM stackoverflow.com
I really confused in understanding where the tomcat actually runs. Is it execute inside the JVM, which execute servlets. Or it has it's own VM in executing servlet or JSP. Thanks ...
7. Can I implement a socket server on Tomcat using GenericServlet? stackoverflow.com
I would like to implement a socket server that will be connected to by multiple clients. In order to make the implementation as simple as possible and not have to code ...
8. Apache Tomcat executing a Java class stackoverflow.com
I've coded some algorithms in java and I need to include those algorithm in my web application. I'm using Apache Tomcat and what I need to do is that when, for example, ...
9. Tomcat configuration for servlets stackoverflow.com
I´ve installed Tomcat and I've been testing it: I wrote some .html and .jsp files and tried then in the server. They semm to work correctly together. For example: these files ...
10. Java Servlets: why is PrintWriter.flush() not flushing? stackoverflow.com
I am currently writing a Comet application which requires me to send chunks of data at a time on a persistent connection. However, I'm having trouble flushing the message to ...
11. Servlets and Tomcat stackoverflow.com
I'm working on an application. I have a servlet (writeDataBase.class) that writes some information in a database. This is working fine. My folder structure looks like: webapps/HelloWord/web-inf/classes. In folder 'classes' is ...
12. How can I know if tomcat is running behind Apache? stackoverflow.com
In production we run tomcat behind apache, in development bare tomcat. How can I know inside the Servlet class if it is running behind apache or not?
13. Ambiguity in servlet-mapping stackoverflow.com
I have two servlets 'ExtensionServlet' and 'PatternServlet' and a static html page. The HTML code is given below.
14. Is there a way to make Tomcat start an app up as soon as the WAR has been deployed? stackoverflow.com
My app has a bit of expensive setup to do when it first starts up. It appears that as soon as I copy the WAR file in webapps, the log ...
15. Tomcat servlet problem - class not found stackoverflow.com
I'm trying to learn how to develop a servlet to run under Apache's Tomcat server on Windows XP. I'm using Tomcat 6.0 with Java SDK 1.6.0_17. My webapp is a simple ...
16. Clean up after servlet if init() failed stackoverflow.com
I have an
17. Apache/Tomcat site nesting stackoverflow.com
I have two standalone sites in tomcat webapps folder
18. monitor tomcat executor? stackoverflow.com
How do I get a reference to the Tomcat Executor instances running within the web app? I need this so I can query basic information, such as thread pool size and ...
19. AJP proxy that maps internal servlet name to a different external name stackoverflow.com
Using apache2 I want to set up an AJP proxy for a Tomcat server that maps an internal servlet URL to a completely different URL externally. Currently I am using the ...
20. My First Tomcat Servlet stackoverflow.com
I seem to be having trouble with Tomcat servlets and even setting up my own. I am using Windows Vista x64 bit. I CAN connect and see the servlet examples. I ...
21. My First Tomcat Servlet stackoverflow.com
I seem to be having trouble with Tomcat servlets and even setting up my own. I am using Windows Vista x64 bit. I CAN connect and see the servlet examples. I ...
22. Servlet Profiling stackoverflow.com
What is the best way to undertake Servlet profiling? In particular I am looking for a solution that can show the execution times of the method calls within the servlet. I am running ...
23. problem with running Servlet on Tomcat: InvocationTargetException stackoverflow.com
I am new to Tomcat, and trying to run a simple HelloWorld servlet. I have installed Tomcat 6, and Jdk1.6 on Mandriva Linux, set CLASSPATH and JAVA_HOME. I have the following ...
24. how can a servlet in one jvm communicate with servlet in another jvm stackoverflow.com
can this be solved simply by specifying the complete url of the servlet in the RequestDispatcher?
25. Please clarify a few points concerning Java Servlets stackoverflow.com
suppose, I use Tomcat as a web container. Is it true that once all the servlets found in a web-app/WEBAPPNAME are init(IALIZED) then every change of a Servlet's property will be seen to ...
26. Servlet IOException when streaming a Byte Array stackoverflow.com
I occasionally get an IOException from a Servlet I have that writes a byte array to the outputstream in order to provide a file download capability. This download servlet has a reasonable ...
27. Tomcat Servlet Default Datetime Format stackoverflow.com
I'm trying out Endeavour Software Project Management.It's running as a servlet in Tomcat (Catalina). The package came with tomcat and jre configure, got it running quite easily. Everything was fine, except ...
28. how to have multiple instance of the same servlet on tomcat stackoverflow.com
I write a servlet and this servlet must to be instanced many times in the same server. How to do that ? Is that some alias or parameter to define many "web servers" ...
29. Problem in running servlet program stackoverflow.com
I have recently installed tomcat6.0.29 on my ubuntu 10.04 system. Process till the localhost connectivity is fine but when i tried to run a simple hello program, it giving me the ...
31. Can I write chat application with asynchronous processing in Tomcat 7? stackoverflow.com
Does Servlet 3.0 specification with implementation in Tomcat 7 allow to write chat application without additional reverse-ajax library? What is asynchronous processing for?
32. How do you save name-value pairs in Tomcat enviroment? stackoverflow.com
We have a servlet that needs certain variables like passwords, encryption salts, etc., not to be saved on the file system permanently. This is what we do currently (summary): During initialization,
33. Java application inside tomcat? stackoverflow.com
I have a standalone java application which uses java based TCP NIO to collect some information from various clients (not on web/HTTP but through some indigenously developed middleware). Now I have ...
34. Servlet init being called for every connection stackoverflow.com
I'm using Tomcat 7. I'm writing a servlet but I notice the init is being called for every request the user makes. I'm creating the servlet with annotations as seen below. ...
35. download tomcat for servlet stackoverflow.com
hi I want to download tomcat5.5 But I m not getting proper link from where I can download. plz tell me link for downloading tomcat5.5 for servlet programs
37. java tomcat: how to use JOAuth properly stackoverflow.com
I tried to follow the instructions on JOAuth, a java-based OAuth 1 (final) and OAuth 2 (draft 10) library. How do I use it? in order to fetch facebook access ...
38. Multi part flush does not seem to work properly with Servlet 3 (Tomcat 7). The entire data is dumped at once at the browser stackoverflow.com
We are trying to send a multi part response to the client for a request - and what we see is that (via firebug), that the browser is getting the 200 ...
39. writting desktop application for connecting with server stackoverflow.com
I'm working on a server client base "Desktop Application". And what I want to do is this, Client application sending some request code to server through internet(oh yes, these connections must be ...
40. servlets connectivity & running on tomcat stackoverflow.com
How can I use this path:
41. How to use tomcat7 to run servlets stackoverflow.com
I am a newbie in servlet. I am using tomcat7 and I want to run a servlet. I have modified web.xml and put in the WEB-INF dir. Contents are
42. Java EE SDK instead of Tomcat? stackoverflow.com
I learned that Servlet reference implementation is included in the Java EE SDK. And Tomcat is a open source implementation of it. Can I use Java EE SDK with Apache to render ...
43. How to map a dynamic profile number to a servlet? stackoverflow.com
How could I map a dynamic profile number to a servlet for example
I want to map this 2585407 to a servlet is this possible? Thanks
44. Appropriate use of a servlet? stackoverflow.com
I need to create a persistent Java based application that will run at set intervals. If this was strictly running under Linux I could create a CRON job but it ...
45. tldScanJar warning using tomcat stackoverflow.com
the console of the eclipse shows: org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig tldScanJar warning: Failed to process JAR [jar:jndi:/localhost/fileUpload/WEB-INF/lib/commons-io-1.3.2.jar!/null] for TLD files java.io.IOException: access denied any suggestion is welcome
46. Running Servlets in Apache Tomcat stackoverflow.com
I'm working through the Java Ranch Cattle Drive online tutorials and got up to the Servlets projects. I wanted to install and run Apache instead of Orion, because I wanted to ...
47. Java: Which Apache Digester Class? stackoverflow.com
I'm supporting a web application / Java servlet that has been failing to start. The issue turns out to be a relatively straight-forward
48. io handling in tomcat stackoverflow.com
I noticed a major difference in processing time between two servlets in the same tomcat and two separate tomcats on the same host. The servlets communicate using http. Does tomcat or ...
49. The working folder for a Tomcat servlet stackoverflow.com
I write a Java servlet that I want to install on many instances of Tomcat on different servers. The servlet uses some static files that are packed with the war file ...
50. Send a SOAPMessage with SAAJ to a servlet on Tomcat stackoverflow.com
I have a web application running on Tomcat 6 and a Java-programmed client application. The client send SOAPMessage to a Proxy servlet that validate the message and forwards it to the right ...
51. javax.imageio.ImageIO Problem creating ImageInputStream stackoverflow.com
I have a Servlet in Tomcat 5.5 that reads local images sitting on a folder. The image is then sent back to an Applet. I'm getting this "javax.imageio.IIOException: Can't create an ...
52. How to run servlet on tomcat server stackoverflow.com
I have create following java file,compile it and got .class file.
53. Is a servlet independent from another (process wise)? stackoverflow.com
I've create a servlet to let me know if the webapp inside a Tomcat container is running or not. But now, I'm wondering if it is possible that one servlet responds ...
54. .NET equivalent to Java Servlet and Apache Tomcat stackoverflow.com
is there a .NET equivalent to Java Servlet and Apache Tomcat server? A similar platform that will provide a means of deploying .NET "Servlets"-like? Cheers.
55. How do you read POST data from a servlet into a ZipStream? stackoverflow.com
The situation is that a ZIP file has been POSTed to a Tomcat server and since it has no parameter name associated with it, we're going right to the request's stream.
56. Tomcat not executing Servlets service() method stackoverflow.com
I have web applications in Tomcat 5.5 .I have a default configuration for tomcat I hit URL to various servlets , these are normal servlets , and get a response as ...
57. Does Tomcat occasionally redeploy WARs on its own? stackoverflow.com
I have a webapp that is deployed as a WAR file to a Tomcat 6 server. It stores some data in a directory inside the app itself. These files ...
58. Does a servlets PrintWriter out stream really need to be closed? stackoverflow.com
I wrote a simple servlet as follows:
59. Servlet Mapping: Is it possible to add servlet mappings at runtime? stackoverflow.com
Is it possible to add a servlet mapping at runtime? either through a
60. Servlet 3 Async task on Tomcat 7 stackoverflow.com
I'm trying to implement Simple chat using Servlet 3.0 and Comet pattern based on its async support. I'm inspired by this article: http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-02-2009/jw-02-servlet3.html?page=3 My servlet looks like this.
61. Apache Tomcat Simple Comet Servlet stackoverflow.com
I'm trying create very simple Comet Servlet which will push Hello World message to subscribers:
62. Desktop app. communicate with remote Tomcat servlet stackoverflow.com
I am looking for some code examples of a local java program that communicates with a servlet on a tomcat server. I am trying to write a program that can send ...
63. I can not run Apache Tomcat for servlets! bytes.com
I can not run Apache Tomcat for servlets. Normal Java programs are running. I have installed the JDK (jdk1.6.0_18 & jre6) & Tomcat 5.5 properly. The port no. for Tomcat is ...
64. Tomcat 7 servlet problem bytes.com
65. Seam servlet on Tomcat 7 problem. seamframework.org
66. Tomcat 7 + Weld 1.0.1 1.1beta + Servlet: Dont work seamframework.org
I have been succesfully ran JSF 2 + RichFaces 3.3.3 + Weld 1.x + Hibernate 3.6 (JPA w/RESOURCE LOCAL TRANSACTIONS) in Tomcat 7 but now I need "plain" servlet because I'm working in ExtJS so I want to use Servlet + CDI + Hibernate/JPA but I saddly found that Weld looks for org.apache.AnnotationProcessor which, according to Tomcat's 7 change log (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/changelog.html) ...
67. How to run a servlet in Tomcat coderanch.com
68. can not run tomcat, please help(about to giveup on servlets) coderanch.com
69. tomcat can't find servlet coderanch.com
70. Making servlet to run on Tomcat coderanch.com
71. Running self made Servlets on tomcat coderanch.com
72. tomcat 3.2 and invoking a servlet coderanch.com
73. Tomcat--where are the servlets stored? coderanch.com
74. tomcat - servlet - packages ??? coderanch.com
75. Probelm invoking a servlet with Tomcat 3.2.1 coderanch.com
76. Servlet chains enabled with TomCat??? coderanch.com
77. tomcat & servlet coderanch.com
78. Servlet package and Tomcat Question coderanch.com
79. Tomcat and servlet coderanch.com
80. autoloading servlet on starting tomcat coderanch.com
81. Setting up Tomcat to recognize /servlet/ coderanch.com
Ive been using tomcat for quite a few weeks now & although I really like it I never got around to setting up the defaults so that /sevlet/servletName in a URI will correctly direct to the /examples/web-inf/classes folder (or another I choose) to find the servlet. I looked at this mess of xml today & don't have a clue where this ...
82. Need help on servlet on Tomcat coderanch.com
83. how to run servlet within tomcat coderanch.com
84. How to run a servlet using Tomcat? coderanch.com
I have compiled the servlet code. I used Java Web Server 2.0 which learning a little bit of servlet. I followed the following steps to execute the porgram: 1. Place the byte code(.class) file in the web server, eg d:\javawedserver2.0\servlets\HelloServlet.class 2. Run the web server ie execute d:\javawebserver2.0\bin\httpd.exe 3. Open the Web Browser and enter the URL "http://localhost:8080/servlet/HelloServlet" Now how can ...
85. Random servlet coughups on Tomcat! coderanch.com
86. Running Servlet on Tomcat... Help :) coderanch.com
William thanks for the response. I was under the impression that all one need to do was place the class file in the "app name"/web-inf/classes folder and tomcat would auto register it. Then when accessing the page you would use http://localhost:8080/"app name"/"servlet name". If I understand you correctly, becuase the servlet contains the following package line package com.ups.xmlsdk.servlet; I must create ...
87. a servlet-mapping proble using TomCat coderanch.com
88. Servlet delivery in Tomcat coderanch.com
89. Adding servlets to Tomcat coderanch.com
90. Configure Servlet in TOMCAT coderanch.com
91. How can let servlet alive as long as Tomcat coderanch.com
92. How to run servlet program (Apache+Tomcat) coderanch.com
93. Can Tomcat automatically reload a servlet? coderanch.com
94. How to invoke servlet in tomcat coderanch.com
95. question about servlet in tomcat coderanch.com
96. how to use the servlet in tomcat?? coderanch.com
Hi, Assuming that you are new to tomcat. I am about to give you solution. 1. place the test servlet inside classes folder found in \ROOT\WEB-INF\classes(if your test servlet is having a package, comment it for testing). 2. call this test servlet http://localhost:8080/root/servlet/test This should work. But you better creat a context similar to root. For running your servlet.To achive that ...
97. Pulling my hair out over Tomcat servlets coderanch.com
OK. I know its been talked about many times already but Ive read all the discussions and any tutorials I can find and still no joy with Tomcat. I can see all examples. I can see the HelloServlet and the HelloServlet2 from the install_dir/webapps/ROOT directory. I can see JSPs and HTMLs in folders I create under the webapps directory. I can't ...
98. Apache Tomcat and Servlet coderanch.com
You might want to try mapping the servlet in a *-apps.xml file. I'm sorry if this is a little off as I can't look at my Tomcat config at the moment. However, if you look in the conf directory, you should see a file that's named examples-apps.xml or something similar. Create one like that for your application (call it myApp-apps.xml, for ...
99. tomcat won't run my servlet coderanch.com
100. Tomcat picking up servlet changes? coderanch.com