2. How to create a URL in a servlet? stackoverflow.com
i want to know how to generate a url in a servlet. I have a login servlet, and every time that add a user i want to gen. a url for ...
3. How can I pass a variable to a JSP class using the URL? stackoverflow.com
4. How do I get URLs of other servlets from within a servlet stackoverflow.com
I have two servlets (S1 and S2). S1 renders a HTML-Page which acces S2 via an URL (img src="URL"). I know the servlet name of S2, but not the URL. The ...
5. Java URL - Passing Arguments - Servlets stackoverflow.com
Currently using the HTTPServletRequest class and specifically the .getQueryString method to retrieve an inputted URL. The URL it will parse is say server/package/servlet?args1/args2/arg3.. I'd like to remove the question mark (?) from ...
6. Root URl of the servlet stackoverflow.com
I want to get the root url of my web application from one of the servlet. If I deploy my application in "www.mydomain.com" I want to get the root url like "http://www.mydomain.com". Same ...
8. Portlet URL Generation From AJAX Servlet stackoverflow.com
I am trying to modify a portlet to load data for a table over AJAX because the WS calls take a ridiculous amount of time to complete. The table is ...
9. Converting GET method url's to logical permanent links stackoverflow.com
I have a J2EE application with a web service which goes like
How can I convert these type of urls to
etc? Please provide your suggestions.
heres basically what I need to get done. I have a jsp page which allows me to add/modify/delete an item. The items are stored in a database which I have controller classes to ...
11. How do I alter the URL? stackoverflow.com
I'm currently working on a big web application for a company and we are about 4 months in, but we have a harmless(but annoying) problem that we have just left because ...
12. How to catch non exist requested URL in Java servlet? stackoverflow.com
My objects are stored online in two different places : <1> On my nmjava.com site, where I can put them in a directory called "Dir_My_App/Dir_ABC/" <2> On Google App Engine datastore When my Java ...
13. How do you access URL text following the # sign through Java? stackoverflow.com
Using Java (.jsp or whatever) is there a way where I can send a request for this page: http://www.mystore.com/store/shelf.jsp?category=mens#page=2 and have the Java code parse the URL and see the #page=2 ...
14. How can I find out a servlet's URL? stackoverflow.com
Let's say I have this in my web.xml:
15. DisplayTag Sort and Pagination links(url) generated is too long stackoverflow.com
When using displaytag the URL it's generating for paging and sorting is too long for IE. Is there a way around this without resorting to external paging and sorting? Cheers.
16. How to identify the URL of an Java web application from within? stackoverflow.com
My Java web application contains a startup servlet. Its
17. JSP deny direct access to URL by non-logged in user stackoverflow.com
I have a login and a user info page which is displayed after login. How can I block user info page from direct access by user? How can I implement that ...
18. Clean URLs using jsp/ servlets? stackoverflow.com
I am planning to make a CMS using jsp and servlets. Could anyone tell me how to implement clean urls using this technologies?
19. JSP url argument passing stackoverflow.com
Is there any way to pass params to the function in this way:
20. How to constrcuct servlet URL stackoverflow.com
Right now I have a servlet URL as below in one of my stored procedure , which is a working one. URL:'http://server600.ctm.com/batch/shyamServletClass?parameter=' || Incoming; The above points to the servlet calss EAR which ...
21. JSP defining values stackoverflow.com
I have two values in JSP. For 1 I defined
22. How to get the base url in jsp? stackoverflow.com
Im creating a simple project by using jsp and servlet. I want to link the css in my jsp file. So any one can tell me the way to do this?? ...
23. Url matching in java web application stackoverflow.com
In the context of url matching in java web applications, what is the difference between
24. Servlet : After servlet Dispatch servlet action name in url stackoverflow.com
I created a simple login page. If the user entered right username and password the page ill be redirected to the success page otherwise it will be redirected to the index ...
25. URL rooting Java Servlets stackoverflow.com
The incoming request URL looks like:
26. Equivalent of
27. EController 8.4 url with eHit option stackoverflow.com
I' am administrator to the Content Manager 8.4 in my company.I using Econtroller urls to display the CM items directly with eHit option ,for example http://myserver:9081/eclient/EController?&eUserID=ViewUser&ePassword=1&eAction=search&eEntity=ItemTypeName&AttributeName=000000000003&eHit=1 I ...
28. How do I get the URL of a .jsp (portlet)? stackoverflow.com
I have a view.jsp and I want to load another .jsp via AJAX and need the URL of this .jsp. How do I get it?
29. Creating fake URL in Java stackoverflow.com
I am working on an
30. In a JSP, how do I make a static content URL dynamic based on whether I'm in development or production? stackoverflow.com
In a JSP-based web application, let's say I'm hosting my static content on a CDN, but during development I want serve that content from my web application -- just to make ...
31. How to get URL of a running app inside ServletContextListener? stackoverflow.com
32. JSP FileReader URL Issue stackoverflow.com
I get the strangest thing going on... I have a JSP file which read a file from given path, but somehow the http:// is changed to http:\
33. Can I have custom servlet URL in java? stackoverflow.com
I want that when user hit following url:
It should go in Servlet named
34. How to get the url from a frame? stackoverflow.com
I have this jsp page that includes the following frames:
In frameB,it's an external link, the user can ...
35. How do I get the source of a given URL from a servlet? stackoverflow.com
I want to read a source code(html tags) of a given url from my servlet. For example, url is www.google.com and my servlet needs to read the html source code. Why ...
37. how to add two variables to URL in JSP? stackoverflow.com
I want to add two variables to URL in JSP
ex - http://loclhost:8080/myProj/buyOrSell.do?symbol=anySymbol&mktPrice=price but I am not able to get second variable.
38. Unit testing a servlet that makes an URL call stackoverflow.com
I want to write a unit test for a servlet class that makes a call to a web service through java.net.URL. I can create mock request and response objects to send to ...
39. get the url in jsp coderanch.com
40. How do I get my current URL??? coderanch.com
41. Get a URL from a Webpage coderanch.com
request.getRequestURI() should give you everything after the / following the server name in the url. You can get the protocol, server name and other info from other request methods. I'd suggest writing a small JSP that shows the results of various request methods to pick which one (or combination) gives you what you want. hth, bear
42. Get Full URL from Header? coderanch.com
43. URL display coderanch.com
44. URL arguments coderanch.com
I am trying to pass a URL as argument to another jsp page, unfortunately the URL (argument) also contains an argument and I cannot get the value of the URL. eg: test.jsp?url=microsoft.com/default.asp?x=5 I want the value of url to be "microsoft.com/default.asp?x=5" but when I do a request.getparameter("url"), I am getting null for the url. Thanks in advance. Joshi
45. Replace URL coderanch.com
46. How to trap the URL coderanch.com
Hello, I am working in JSP. In an application, I am having Frameset with two rows. On the top frame, I am having HTML page and in the bottom frame I am displaying JSP page. Now in this JSP page, i want to trap the URL which is being shown in the addressbar. If I use request.getRequestURL(), I get the path ...
47. spaces in url coderanch.com
48. GET limitation of url lenght ? coderanch.com
49. Checking for url existence coderanch.com
If you'd rather not set up for using JSTL just to get this working, I think your problem is that after openConnection() you need to call connect() to actually establish contact and read headers. Check out the Javadoc on UrlConnection. Another thought: if the image is on the same server on which your code is running, it might be a tad ...
50. Simple Web App, Referring URL coderanch.com
51. Incorrect escaping by c:url coderanch.com
52. problem with ampersand(&) in passing values through URL coderanch.com
53. URL to servlet? coderanch.com
54. URL address coderanch.com
55. url data into variable coderanch.com
56. show different URL than my server.. coderanch.com
57. URL problem coderanch.com
hi, if i want to call a file which located into my web root folder, how to i call it from coding? let say my web root folder on c:\myweb , and i want to call/invoke a file(callme.jsp) which reside in c:\myweb\callme.jsp , should it be "../callme.jsp" ? but tomcat generate error like "not start symbol "/"" thank you ! [ ...
58. How do I get the whole URL? coderanch.com
59. can I get brower's previous url? coderanch.com
60. Chinese name in URL coderanch.com
62. how to get first part of URL ? coderanch.com
63. URL... but not specific coderanch.com
i have one doubt by seeing this thread why we need to specify more than one welcome file in welcome-file-list tag?? if reason for that is, suppose first welcome file is not available then second one is called. how the deployer deploy the application without knowing whether file is exists or not?? Suppose if 3 files are specfied in welcome-file-list and ...
64. generate URL, difference coderanch.com
65. URL for JSPSmartUpload.jar coderanch.com
66. what is the lenght of the URL in internet explorer coderanch.com
The spec for URL length does not dictate a minimum or maximum URL length, but implementation varies by browser. On Windows: Opera supports ~4050 characters, IE 4.0+ supports exactly 2083 characters, Netscape 3 -> 4.78 support up to 8192 characters before causing errors on shut-down, and Netscape 6 supports ~2000 before causing errors on start-up.
67. go to a web url using java code coderanch.com
68. core:url has generates extra slashes coderanch.com
69. c url doubt coderanch.com
70. Replacement of c:url coderanch.com
71. port number in url coderanch.com
72. url is opening when we give IP but not opening through dns name coderanch.com
73. url coderanch.com
74. Consume XML in JSP from a URL coderanch.com
The best way to approach the problem is to develop a freestanding Java class that opens the URL and reads the stream into an XML parser. Once you are able to parse the XML add methods to extract whatever you need from it. Note that none of the above involves JSP because code inside a JSP just complicates things. Get it ...
75. Giving Standard URL to JSP Application coderanch.com
76. url related coderanch.com
77. URL configuring for a web application coderanch.com
78. url rules coderanch.com
hi Can some one tell me how to set url path starting from home directory. I have home/html and home/WEB-INF/jsp but I have to give the url with reference to the last page that was called. But I want all url in my pages to start from home. I tried searching it on net, and some body told me to set ...
79. How to get Requesting URL coderanch.com
80. How to make URL in address bar consistent? coderanch.com
81. dispaly values in url coderanch.com
82. how to make second jsp not accessable directly from url coderanch.com
83. Why should the URL have /servlet/ coderanch.com
84. Add url to searchengine using servlets coderanch.com
85. JSP and URLS !!!! coderanch.com
86. url direction in jsp! coderanch.com
my problem: if i find some parameters using getParameter("") then i should redirect to a particular url and a particular target frame , how can i do this thro jsp!!! any sample snippet will be helpul. scenario: i A.jsp(2 frames) im using the request.getParameters() and if they satisfy my requirement then the result should be a Show.jsp which should be displayed ...
87. Generalizing servlet URL coderanch.com
88. URL writing in JSP coderanch.com
Hi Guys, I'm facing fifficulty in URL writing. What should I write at the end of the string to say it is continuing. Because in the following string it works fine if I give it as it is but if I do the one below it it says string not properly concluded. Can somebody write me URL writing concepts. out.println("
89. URL Writing in JSP coderanch.com
neha, why don't you post your code which you think throws the exception. meanwhile try this -
90. servlet URL coderanch.com
91. Servlet URL repeating coderanch.com
92. how can i write a servlet to connect to a fixed url periodically? coderanch.com
93. How does the url "webappname/servlet/..." work well? coderanch.com
94. jsp > servlet > jsp......URLs??? coderanch.com
95. servlet URL question coderanch.com
96. URGENT--Url encription using servlets coderanch.com
97. getting url from where servlet called coderanch.com
getRequestUrl() will not yeild that info; it will return the URL of the current request. What you need to check out is the request header for "Referer". And, "Subtle Solo", We're pleased to have you here with us on the Ranch, but there are a few rules that need to be followed, and one is that proper names are required. Please ...
98. straing servlet URL coderanch.com
99. URL not getting through to servlet coderanch.com
100. Custom WebApp servlet url problem coderanch.com
Hi all , I am new to this so if this is a stupid question don't hate me too much. Btw I am using Tomcat 5.5.9. I created a custom WebApp by copying and renaming the ROOT dir in Tomcats WebApps dir. I can hit pages and servlets by usig the url host/myWebApp/my.html and host/myWebApp/servlet.package.myservlet fine. My problem is when I ...