1. Fastest way to determine if an integer's square root is an integer stackoverflow.com
I'm looking for the fastest way to determine if a
2. getting the bottom 16 bits of a Java int as a signed 16-bit value stackoverflow.com
Hmmm. Consider this program, whose goal is to figure out the best way to get the bottom 16 bits of an integer, as a signed integer.
4. Java arithmetic int vs. long stackoverflow.com
I've done some searching on google, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm trying to find out some detailed information on the way arithmetic works in Java. ...
5. how to get a float from int stackoverflow.com
i has a int:
i want to get:
what's best way to do? thanks
6. float, double and int math in Java stackoverflow.com
I had some doubts/questions about the math in Java, so I made a small program a screenshot of which you can see in this link:
7. Any trap which we should beware of Integer.MIN_VALUE == -Integer.MIN_VALUE == Math.abs(Integer.MIN_VALUE) stackoverflow.com
I realize the below code holds true
This is because when we negate
8. What happens when you increment an integer beyond its max value? stackoverflow.com
In Java what happens when you increment an int (or byte/short/long) beyond it's max value ? Does it wrap around to the max negative value ? Does AtomicInteger.getAndIncrement() also behave in the ...
9. Are arithmetic operations on double variables with integer values exact? stackoverflow.com
Let's say I've got two integer values stored in
May I safely assume that any arithmetic operation on these two double variables ...
10. Math.abs returns wrong value for Integer.Min_VALUE stackoverflow.com
11. Setting a limit to an int value stackoverflow.com
I want to set a limit to an
12. What is the best way to separate double into two parts "integer & fraction" in java stackoverflow.com
I have tried to separate 5.6 (for example) by the following method:
13. How to set decision variables types like binary, int, double in Apache Commons Math SimplexSolver? stackoverflow.com
How to set decision variables types like binary,
I want decision variables to be of ...
14. Java divison with two integer operands not working? stackoverflow.com
For some reason my math just returns 0. The value are set, I have checked.
Percentage always equals percentage. Why?
15. How to calculate integer expression in Java stackoverflow.com
Suppose, I need to calculate
16. x = (int) Math.ceil[ x/2 ] + Math.floor[ x/2 ] coderanch.com
There isn't a "mathematical" proof because you aren't asking about a mathematical concept, you're asking about how Java implements things. However there's a logical proof which would parallel the mathematical proof of that question. Assuming your "x" is an integer, there are four possibilities: x can be odd or even, and it can be negative or non-negative. Consider each of them ...
17. Performing Math on Integer Class coderanch.com
Does anyone know of an efficient way to perform math on an Integer class or a better way to store an integer value as an object that is mutable? I have a TreeMap that looks like this ... What is the best approach? public TreeMap adjustTreeMap(String key, TreeMap
18. simple integer generation using java math classes forums.oracle.com
I want to generate a integer which should be combination of 2 integer and one int and anytime I call generate it should generate same value for same input and for different combinations it should generate different value. for example I passed to the service two integers 24, 25 and one int 76 assume it generated 242576 I restart jvm to ...
19. Converting chars to ints, get a strange math error... forums.oracle.com