1. Java negative int to hex and back fails stackoverflow.com
2. How to convert a negative integer into two's complement binary form? (Java) stackoverflow.com
I need to convert numbers, positive and negative, into binary format - so, 2 into "00000010", and -2 into "11111110", for example. I don't need more than 12 bits or so, ...
3. Packing two shorts into one int, dealing with negative and positive stackoverflow.com
I'm making a class PackedUnsigned1616 which stores two unsigned shorts in one int, and a class PackedSigned1616 which stores two signed shorts in one int. I've read up on bitwise operations, ...
4. Parse a negative prefix integer from string in java stackoverflow.com
Hi i have a string looking something like this 10 -1 30 -2 and i want to read the numbers between spaces. I can do this using a FOR statement and ...
5. Java math function to convert positive int to negative and negative to positive? stackoverflow.com
Is there a Java function to convert a positive int to a negative one and a negative int to a positive one?
I'm looking for a
6. formatting negative integers with parentheses coderanch.com
7. Integer.toHexString() on a negative value ? coderanch.com
I believe the below from the api states exactly what is happening toHexString Creates a string representation of the integer argument as an unsigned integer in base 16. The unsigned integer value is the argument plus 2^32 if the argument is negative; otherwise, it is equal to the argument. Hope that helps, Tom ------------------
8. Convert negative integer to byte and back coderanch.com
Hi all, Like the subject says. Is there a way to convert negative integers (32-bit) to a byte array and then back? I don't know if there is an explicit way in a computer to determine if an integer is negative or not if not assuming that some bits of the integer represents the sign. I have only managed to convert ...
9. Negative int coderanch.com
10. Why negative integers are so nasty in binary? coderanch.com
Hello, Probably you know how the negative integers are stored in the memory. To remind it, if you want to get the binary representation (source): - First get the binary representation of the number. - Then interchange zeros and ones in the binary representation. - Finally add one to the result. So for example two's complement of -18 would be (assuming ...
11. string to negative int problem java-forums.org
hey there first and foremost this is school related and if anyone has a problem with me asking for help then it is at their discretion whether or not to help me and if there is a problem with admin i can understand. As far as requests go i feel that this is very simplistic and would really only aid me ...
12. convert negative int to positive java-forums.org
13. A program that throw an exception for negative integers and continues forums.oracle.com
There are too many errors for me to fix, the worst being that you never even call a conversion routine -- rather you are "calling" variables (but that doesn't matter yet since those routines are broken). Rember to call a method it needs to have a parenthesis at the end. You need to start from square one. Do it slowly, one ...
14. How to stop a byte being interpreted as a negative int (double complement)? forums.oracle.com
Thanks for the reply, yeah fis is a fileinputstream but I want to load the bytes into a byte array first and manipulate them. What I don't understand is that fis.read() on a byte with a value of "11111111" returns 255 (which is what I want) but when the byte is put into a byte array it now returns -1. I ...
15. Negative integers forums.oracle.com
16. Int stays negative even when it is negated forums.oracle.com