1. Assigning integer value to a Float wrapper in Java stackoverflow.com
The following works
but the following doesn't:
Shouldn't 3 be automatically promoted to float (as widening conversions don't require an explicit cast) and then Boxed to Float type ? Is it because ...
2. What exactly does comparing Integers with == do? stackoverflow.com
EDIT: OK, OK, I misread. I'm not comparing an int to an Integer. Duly noted. My SCJP book says:
When == is used to compare a primitive to a wrapper, ...
3. Properties of Double.NaN and why does Integer wrapper not have an NaN data memeber? stackoverflow.com
what is the output? Why don't we have a
4. Integer Wrapper Substraction stackoverflow.com
Say we have two Integer objects:
Does (j-i) evaluate to another Integer Wrapper object with value 100?
5. Confused about "==" to compare Integer wrapper objects forums.oracle.com
I don't think there's anything harmful about studying and memorizing the Java API. But it wouldn't hold any weight with me if I were trying to guage a person's programming ability. Knowing generally what it contains and then being able to use it as a reference is far more important to me. That way, if my company decides to switch/add a ...