1. How can I get the current date and time in UTC or GMT in Java? stackoverflow.com
When I create a new
2. Force Java timezone as GMT/UTC stackoverflow.com
I need to force any time related operations to GMT/UTC, regardless the timezone set on the machine. Any convenient way to so in code? To clarify, I'm using the DB server time ...
3. Java TimeZones: how to get UTC time values based on Console settings? stackoverflow.com
For example, when I extract from a database a Date() variable, it contains a date with "+04:00" shift.
According to my locale's settings.
So, UTC time is "ourTime" MINUS 4 hours.
4. Java.util.Date: try to undestand UTC and ET more stackoverflow.com
I live in North Carolina,btw, which is on the East Side. So I compile and run this code and it print out the same thing. The documentation say that java.util.date try ...
5. How to compute wall time from UTC time + TimeZone ID? stackoverflow.com
I have been googling around this issue, but could not find clear and definitive documentation. Assuming I have a UTC time and a TimeZone ID, how do I calculate wall time (= ...