1. Java: How does the VM handle a 64bit `long` on a 32bit processor stackoverflow.com
How does the JVM handle a primitive "long", which is 64bits, on a 32bit processor?
Can it utilise mulitple cores in parallel when on a Multi-Core 32bit machine?
How much slower are ...
2. How can I assemble bits into a long to create a unique ID? stackoverflow.com
I would like to write a utility that will provide me with a relatively unique ID in Java. Something pretty simple, like x bits from timestamp + y bits from ...
3. Java: Checking if a bit is 0 or 1 in a long stackoverflow.com
Given that : 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 = 1 What method would you use to determine if the the bit that represents 2^x is a 1 or 0 ?
4. How to convert a long to a fixed-length 16-bit binary string? stackoverflow.com
Hi i want to convert a long integer to binary but the problem is i want a fixed 16 bit binary result after conversion like if i convert 2 to 16 ...
5. 64bit MessageDigest - store short texts as long stackoverflow.com
I want to represent short texts (ie word, couple of words) as a 64 bit hash (want to store them as longs) MessageDigest.getInstance("MD5") returns 128bits. Is there anything else I could use, could ...
6. Java: How to replace last 16 bits of a long with a short stackoverflow.com
I have a long and a short I want the bits from the short to overwrite the low order 16 bits of the long. Ex (broken into 16bit chunks for readability):
7. bit twiddling in java - decomposing long into long of bitmasks stackoverflow.com
I am decomposing a single long into a long of single bit longs by
8. Number of bits used in long - java stackoverflow.com
I want to know the number of bits really used in the long datatype in Java. For instance:
12c95165393 Here you can see it only has ...
9. What would be the most performant (also safe) way to replace the last digit of a long? stackoverflow.com
What would be the most performant (also safe) way to replace the last digit(Least significant digit) of a
10. 64 bit long ?? coderanch.com
So, I was trying to do a for loop earlier like this: for (long i = 0; i < 5000000000000; i++) /* Stuff goes here */ and I kept getting: integer number too large and I realized something... How the heck can a long be 64 bits on a 32 bit machine?? I mean, in every Java book I have been ...
11. How to get a 42 bit long number in Java. coderanch.com
Java's long comprises of 63 bits where in the MSB is stored for the sign. I want to set 42nd bit of a particular number as 1. So I tried 1<<42, however this doesnt give the output as what I thought. neither did this work 1<<(42L). I am not supposed to use Strings and other wrapper class functions. Is there anyway ...
12. how to display 64 bit representation of specified long value forums.oracle.com
13. Trouble with parseInt() and a 32bit long string forums.oracle.com
Perfect. New problem now though. when I convert something with Integer.parseInt(int,2), Whenever i try to do anything with it, any leading zeros dissappear. Without converting it to a string and simply concatenating a "0" to the beginning until it's long enough, is there a way to keep it at 32 bits long all the time??