1. Java: how come this does not compile? stackoverflow.com
How come this code doesnt compile?
2. Simple way to define an enum at runtime (or compile time by some middleware) stackoverflow.com
is there a way to define an enum set of constants by loading and parsing the data from a script file (maybe an XML or a JSON file)? I ask this because ...
3. Why this enum doesn't compile? stackoverflow.com
Why this enum doesn't compile?
4. What does Java compile an enumeration down to? stackoverflow.com
A coworker and I had a discussion about how Java represents enumerations. I was under the impression they were strictly ints like C/C++. Or, if you add behavior (Type-Safe enum), it ...
5. Why doesn't this Java enum code compile? stackoverflow.com
6. Enum example from Java Language Specification does not compile. coderanch.com
This code, cut and paste from the JLS does not compile. The code is at the end of http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/classes.html#8.9. The error I get from 1.6_0.21 is: Operation.java:21: cannot find symbol symbol : method eval(double,double) location: class Operation System.out.println(x + " " + op + " " + y + " = " + op.eval(x, y)); What's wrong? Thanks, Steve ------------------------------------------ public ...