1. String extraction/manipulation in Java stackoverflow.com
I would like to scrape the above string from the first character upto search.do? Meaning, the resulting String would look like so:
Is there a String ...
2. Chaining Strings in Java stackoverflow.com
let's say that I want to create a new string during a "for" loop, The new string will be a change of an exsist string that will be change depanding a conditions ...
3. java string-manipulations stackoverflow.com
Ok, so I tried with your help to learn a little bit more about strings and Chaining Strings in Java. now I know that strings are immutable, but I'm having ...
4. Need help with String Java stackoverflow.com
I need help with getting the number of strings whose length is >= to a minlength given by the user. ex: the string input "this is a game" minlength = 2. the ...
5. Euro symbols JNA convertion issue stackoverflow.com
I'm traing to put euro symbol in a Java string that is passed to a native function(using JNA) in this way:
6. How to hijack the String.class stackoverflow.com
So basically I just want to debug a couple of simple scripts by trying a new method, I have been successful in the past by hooking the URL.class (using the source ...
7. How can I add another to a string? stackoverflow.com
whats wrong with my code, i want it so if the string you input is 33*10= it outputs the correct answer, but it outputs 0.0 in this case and if the ...
8. In Java what is the best way to ensure that I'm getting UTF-8 strings? stackoverflow.com
When collecting query parameters from a beaconing system in a servlet, what is the best method in java to ensure that I'm properly converting all input coming in from 3rd party ...
9. Java String usage stackoverflow.com
Possible Duplicate:When should I use
10. Null Pointer Exception calling String from another class stackoverflow.com
My problem is just that. I've tried to declare the string as a specific size, I sort and everything, but the only thing that's worked is putting the string in the ...
11. Java, Get MD5 String from Message Digest stackoverflow.com
I have the code below... I understand how it works but if I want to print out the MD5 as String how would I do that, I can't find any examples, ...
12. Help in Java program stackoverflow.com
13. Tagging strings in Java stackoverflow.com
How can i tag an array of string in java ? I want to make an array of strings and tag them like :
Then if the user ...
14. how to write a parsePolynomial in Java? stackoverflow.com
parsePolynomial -- this method takes one parameter (a String) and returns a new Polynomial. The parameter is a String that represents a polynomial of the form similar to 2x^2+5.You must ...
15. How can i rearrange the contents within a string? Java stackoverflow.com
I was wondering how I can rearrange the contents within a string. For example,
if it was
16. How to get Xcell address in string stackoverflow.com
I'm newby openoffice uno java api user, I want to get cell range address into a string expression, something like 'A1:B2' can anyone help me?!
17. How can I compress a string in java? stackoverflow.com
I want to send any image as a message that is converted into text. But that text is too long . I want to compress that text as much as possible. ...
19. Combine two strings to a single string representing a path stackoverflow.com
I want to combine the strings
20. getting a section of a string stackoverflow.com
lets say i have a email address string such as
21. Java String attribute stackoverflow.com
I came across this statement and i have never seen it before:
I see that there is an Attribute class but i don't understand what the above statement ...
22. NekoHTML: how to write contents of Document Object to String stackoverflow.com
I am using NekoHTML to parse contents of some HTML file.. Everything goes Ok except for extracting the contents of the Document Object to some string.. I've tried uses
23. Processing a string of information stackoverflow.com
I have a text file that holds baseball teams as YEAR:TEAM1:POINTS1:TEAM2:POINTS2 on each line. How can I process it so that I wind up with the year, 1st team's name, and if ...
24. Java Parentheses Flip in String stackoverflow.com
How can I do a replace on a string so that "(" becomes ")" and ")" becomes "("?
25. String datatype in java stackoverflow.com
I was wondering, why is it "String" and not "string" when all other primitive data types are lowercase?
26. Compact a string into a smaller string? stackoverflow.com
This may sound foolish, but I'm wondering all the same... Is it possible to take a string composed of a given character set and compress it by using a bigger character ...
27. how can i get an http response body as a string? stackoverflow.com
I know there used to be a way to get it with apache commons as documented here: http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-legacy/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/HttpMethod.html and an example here: http://www.kodejava.org/examples/416.html but i believe this is deprecated. Is there any ...
29. executing Runtime.getRuntime.exec(String cmd) stackoverflow.com
Hi I am trying to execute the command string with Runtime.getRuntime.exec(String cmd).What i'm actually trying to extract the I frames from video using the MPlayer and it is installed in the different ...
30. How to generate String "elegantly" in Java? stackoverflow.com
I want to generate a string such as sql command:
currently I use
31. UTF-8 to String in Java stackoverflow.com
i am having a little problem with the UTF-8 charset. I have a UTF-8 encoded file witch i want to load and analyze. I am using BufferedReader to read the file ...
32. having issue with string in java stackoverflow.com
hi I have input as follows:
"Java technology's versatility, efficiency,
33. How to save String data in RRD4J? stackoverflow.com
Hello I want to save a String data in a RRD4J.This is the code of my Program but it doesn't work!!
34. Java generating a Blanks String stackoverflow.com
is there a more efficient way to generate a String full of blanks with a customizable size like the following:
35. How do you get AttributedCharacterIterator to return a run for a given Attribute? stackoverflow.com
Suppose you assign a custom
36. problems getting string Bounds in Java Graphics2D stackoverflow.com
I want to draw a string. at first, I get the string bounds using getStringBounds: getStringBounds(String, FontRenderContext) and then, I use DrawString to draw the string. I do not know what the ...
37. How to avoid string repetition stackoverflow.com
I have two different
38. Plain English Calculator stackoverflow.com
I need to write a program that takes in a string of a mathematical equation and convert it into plain english. The program only accepts single digit numbers and uses addition, ...
39. Could these "if statements" be simplified? stackoverflow.com
I have the following method:
40. How to change a string in Set
41. Java string align to right stackoverflow.com
I have an array of these numbers
I use a
to get these results
but I need the results to be ...
42. Jumble String - Java Method stackoverflow.com
I am a beginner in Java and am doing an exercise from a book. The task is to write a static method which takes as an argument a string array and ...
43. How can I iterate over a string in Java? stackoverflow.com
I want to iterate through s1 to make sure that every character in s1 is included in s2. ...
44. Fill strings with 0's using formatter stackoverflow.com
I know I can fill with spaces using :
But I can't seem to find how to produce:
Edit: I tried
45. Simple string mistake stackoverflow.com
I am trying to create a string method in java where it prompts someone to enter a string longer than three characters. Once entered, I want to display the middle three ...
46. Diff bet new String("xyz") and "xyz" in Java stackoverflow.com
Possible Duplicate:Hello, Foremost, let’s come up with Java facts with String Strings are immutable My Question - If ...
47. java string function need help stackoverflow.com
i am downloading file from android application..
i need to name them as 1 2 3 like that.. so.. i'll need to do is increment the max size of it so i've done ...
48. BaseCertLoginModule Don't know how to obtain X509Certificate from: class java.lang.String stackoverflow.com
I seem to run into this error every time I try and get certificate logins working in JBoss, at work or at home I always run into it. Any advice appreciated. Added ...
49. Does Java optimize the creation of strings at runtime? stackoverflow.com
Let's assume I create the following two strings at runtime (from user input for example):
50. How to store a simple key string inside Java KeyStore? stackoverflow.com
I have a file on my FS (a S3 AWS key) that contains a string that is a key I use for encryption process. I would like to move it a Java ...
51. Scanning a String with a comma stackoverflow.com
I have created a
52. Taking a String and making an object from a class that String represents in Java stackoverflow.com
53. How can I set a specific positon in a String in Java? stackoverflow.com
I have a String with name str.
Now I want to set
54. How can I capture the output of a command as a String with Commons Exec? stackoverflow.com
Commons exec provides a PumpStreamHandler which redirects standard output to the Java process' standard output. How can I capture the output of the command into a String?
55. Shortening a string in Java stackoverflow.com
I have a requirement to shorten a 6 character string like "ABC123" into a unique 4 character string. It has to be repeatable so that the input string will always ...
56. String reference? stackoverflow.com
we make the following String objects?
Two questions on above :
57. How do I get an ID or String which is unique for every user/pc in Java? stackoverflow.com
As you can read in the title, I'm looking for a unique ID or String to identify users or PC's. I'm creating a Java script with a security method which uses a ...
58. what is the best way to manipulate the following string? stackoverflow.com
I have strings like:
and i need to convert these strings to
what is the best way to do this?
59. Java Using Strings as Code stackoverflow.com
Okay, so, here's what I have in code:
60. about String a= "hello"; String b= "hello" a==b , in java stackoverflow.com
check the following program: Run it in sun java hostspot jvm, everything will be "true". --------updated: got the answer by Stephen and Danie,changed the program to add string intern method----------- how ...
61. How to limit the amount of a string printed out (JAVA) stackoverflow.com
I have a question on how i can limit the amount of a string that is printed out in java. For instance i want something like this: Orignal String:
62. how many java String objects will be created in the statement String s="abc"+"xyz"; I guess three? stackoverflow.com
How many java String objects will be created in the statement?
I guess three?
63. creating a string attribute in weka java API stackoverflow.com
so I'm trying to create a new string Attribute using weka's java API... reading through the API javadocs, it appears that the way to do so is to use this constructor:
64. confusion about the results of java String stackoverflow.com
65. Cleaning the String in java stackoverflow.com
Is there any function or library which can be used to clean the user input. Like for example if the user input a text called
66. Objects matrix of Strings to matrix strings in java stackoverflow.com
I'm new in java programming and of an Objects matrix that I can cast easily using two for loops in this way
67. Java: How to get a bi-directional numeric representation of a string? stackoverflow.com
I need to compute a numeric representation of a string which is bi-direction. For example, If I have a string "US" I would like an algorithm which when applied to "US" ...
68. Modifying / Setting a String returned from an Accessor Method stackoverflow.com
I'm using a specific API which has a method "getName()". getName() returns a string. Is it possible to modify that String? There is no modifier method included in the API, and ...
69. Java Set + Strings stackoverflow.com
I have to write a public class method called getWordsInString() for WebPageData. The method takes a single argument called text which should be of type String. The purpose of getWordsInString() is ...
70. Java String vs. Command Line Argument stackoverflow.com
Why does it happen that a command line argument passed to a Java class seems to be automagically escaped while in an instantiated String object the escape character () is seemingly ...
71. Why only String type arguments in java main method stackoverflow.com
I want to know the reason behind allowing only String type arguments and not other primitive types. Why the developers have created it in that way
72. What's the Java feature that lets you write into a String? stackoverflow.com
I've done this in Java before but I can't remember how exactly. You create a String:
Then you can write into the String the ...
73. return String from a callback - Java stackoverflow.com
does anyone know how I can solve the following problem. I want to return a String from a callback, but I get only "The final local variable s cannot be assigned, ...
74. Elegant Solutions to the Fencepost Problem (with Strings) stackoverflow.com
What I'm referring to is concatenating
75. Java String to Type stackoverflow.com
I have an XML defined which provides a payload path to a serialized XML. I would like to take these parameters and create an object and call a method in a ...
76. Why i can't put string into a field which is something that extends Object stackoverflow.com
I have a map like the one below
Can anyone tell me why this operation is not possible..?
What should be the turnaround...
77. Where to place i18n key strings in Java stackoverflow.com
When doing internationalization in Java, you assign a string key to each message. What's the best practice, on where to place those string keys. Goal is to allow easy refactoring (eg. ...
78. Initializing a String in Java stackoverflow.com
Is there any difference when we initialize a String by using:
Why do we write name of the complete package ?
79. Storeing a users input as a string in JAVA stackoverflow.com
Firstly I am very new to JAVA, so I apoligise if I am not quick to pickup on something. In the example below how could I store the user's input to a ...
80. Delete one part of the String stackoverflow.com
I have this String :
I want to get just the "something.bad" from
81. Redirect slf4j to string stackoverflow.com
How can I configure
82. What happens to LOST String objects stackoverflow.com
Output is "x= Java" Line 1:creates a new String object, gives the value "Java", and refer x ...
83. Java Strings- How do they work stackoverflow.com
How do String objects work in java ? How does term "immutable" exactly apply to string objects ? Why don't we see modified string after passing through some method, though we ...
84. Ascii Art - Java stackoverflow.com
I want to make a program, where the user enters their name and the program generates an ascii picture of their name. Is it possible to do that without using 3rd ...
85. How I can create a complex string in Java efficiently? stackoverflow.com
I want to create a string which will look like the following:
I have the
86. If statement with String comparisson never runs? stackoverflow.com
87. Implementing ClassLoader.getResource(String) without a protocol handler stackoverflow.com
My class loader resolves resources to a source that does not have a url handler eg it gets resources from a database. This of course poses a problem for ClassLoader.getResource(String) which ...
88. What's the most concise way in Java to get the "Alpha" out of "AlphaSuffix"? stackoverflow.com
If I have a string such as one of the following:
What is the most concise Java syntax to transform
Is there any way through which we can sort/compare string in JavaSciprt that are locale-dependent? Like java provides us, "java.text.Collator" class.
90. Java string: classes or packages with advanced functions? stackoverflow.com
I'm new to Java so please excuse the naivety. I am doing string manipulations and I need more advanced functions than the original ones provided in Java. For example, I'd like to return ...
91. String Cutting Problem in Java stackoverflow.com
I have one String which is like
from here I need to put all the elements in a ArrayList like
please help ...
92. Java String.subsequence() method stackoverflow.com
Say, String str = "hello world" ; To, get hello, we can use str.subSequence(0, 5). If it's a 0-based indexed string, then why we don't write str.subSequence(0.4) as 'o' has the index ...
93. Are there any disadvantages of writing !string.isEmpty()? stackoverflow.com
In if-statements in Java code i often read something like
94. Sign string using given Public Key stackoverflow.com
how can I get the signature of a String using SHA1withRSA if I already have the Public Key as byte or String ? Thanks.
95. How to build SPARQL queries in java? stackoverflow.com
96. how can i get the address of an instance of a string class using java?is there any way to obtain this? stackoverflow.com
I would like others to explain that how can i get the address of an instance of string class in java?Is there any way to obtain this?I tried this but not ...
97. How many String objects will be created stackoverflow.com
I have the following Java code:
98. Huge String Table in Java stackoverflow.com
I've got a quesion about storing huge amount of Strings in application memory. I need to load from file and store about 5 milions lines, each of them max 255 chars ...
99. How I can get the 2 first charcaters of String in JAVA stackoverflow.com
how I can get the 2 first characters of a String in Java. Thanks
100. Can one function of java return two types in different condition? stackoverflow.com