1. Connection pooling options with JDBC: DBCP vs C3P0 stackoverflow.com
What is the best connection pooling library available for Java/JDBC? I'm considering the 2 main candidates (free / open-source):
3. c3p0 Connection Checkin stackoverflow.com
I'm trying to implement a solution with c3p0 for the first time. I understand how to initialize the connection pool and "checkout" a Connection from the pool as follows:
4. c3p0 acronym origin - jdbc connection pool name stackoverflow.com
Can anyone share the origin and meaning of the jdbc connection pool named c3p0. Was it inspired from star wars?.
5. What is the best choice for database connection pooling library? (c3p0 problem) stackoverflow.com
I have heavy loaded java application using hirbernate. And I used to use as connection pool DBCP, but it had problems with connections lossing. Than I switched to c3p0. But now ...
6. Too many busy connections using JDBCTemplate and c3p0 stackoverflow.com
I am developing a web application with database access using Spring, JDBCTemplate and c3p0. I often have a server freeze, and I am pretty sure it comes from the number of busy ...
7. Connection pool - Own implementation / DBCP / c3p0 coderanch.com
This falls under the category of 'reinventing the wheel'. There are people spending a lot of time and energy building things like database connection pools and unless you have a strong belief these implementations are flawed, better to use their work. Reminds me of an old programmer adage... "Good programmers write good code, great programmers steal good code. "
8. Any alternative to c3p0 connection pool library java-forums.org