1. Can't convert String to Date... coderanch.com
2. How to convert String to Date coderanch.com
What does the sample date look like that is going in the text field? The only thing I could figure is that you are typing 10-16-2003 in the text field and when Oracle sees 16 as a month, it doesn't like it. So you should be typing 16-10-2003 in the textfield instead. Is this the case?
3. why we can set String to date ? coderanch.com
Because most databases also have an internal concept of datatype AND also have some implicit conversion rules. In other words, when you use setDate, the database receives a date object and will use that unconverted in your query. When you use setString, the database receives a string object and might attempt to convert it to a date object, in order to ...
4. conversion of string into java.sql.Date coderanch.com
hi, i have a string in this format:- String s = date+"-"+e_month+"-"+year; and i want to covert it into java.sql.Date sqlToday ; so that i can save my values in the data base i did every thing realted to that like:- SimpleDateFormat ts= new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd"); sqlToday = new java.sql.Date(ts.parse(s).getTime()); but couldnt get the results so any one can help me thanks ...
5. Help:java.lang.String and java.sql.Date coderanch.com
6. string to java.util.Date and then to java.sql.Date coderanch.com
7. java.sql.date to string coderanch.com
8. Convert String to sql.Date coderanch.com
Hi Ulf, Thanks for your early reply. i need to insert sqltDate in database through hibernate. i want to convert as 2008-03-19 19:44:58 is converted to Wed Mar 19 19:44:58 IST 2008 in java.util.Date variable As you mentioned Its format format can transform a Date to a String. i want to convert string to java.sql.Date so sqltDate variable could hold the ...
9. Not able to convert string to date coderanch.com
I think that what's happening there is that the format of your date string is not the format that Oracle is expecting. if you try something like this: insert into student values('1',TO_DATE('19/Apr/2010 17:24:59','DD/MON/YYYY HH24:MI:SS'')) then you are telling Oracle exactly what format date string is in and it should work. Does that help?
10. Quick Q: converting String to java.sql.Date coderanch.com
11. Convert Java.sql.Date to String or Java.util.Date coderanch.com
13. retreiving a date from database and converting it into a string in a format forums.oracle.com
14. Needed help regarding converting string to java.sql.Date format forums.oracle.com
Hi , I have posted the code wherein i have to add a calendar object to DB. If I do add the publicationDate in form of java.sql.Date then that would be entered in mm/dd/yyyy format whereas i wanted dd/mm/yyyy format in the DB. If i converted the publicationDate to a string and formatted it using SimpleDateFormat it gets printed as dd/mm/yyyy ...
15. Convert a string to date, so that i can insert it on SQL database forums.oracle.com
Hi, me again.. i have this variable date.getText() i want to convert it to date, so i did this: d = (Date) DateFormat.parse(date.getText()); but it says "Cannot make a static reference to the non-static method parse(String) from the type DateFormat" what the hell is that? : \ can someone help? i want the date to correspond to the variable format on ...
16. Convert String to java UTC date then to sql date forums.oracle.com
Hi, I am trying to convert string (MM/dd/yyyy format) to UTC date time and store in the database. This is what I did: String dateAsString = "10/01/2007"; SimpleDateFormat formatter = new SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yyyy"); formatter.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT")); formatter.setLenient(false); java.util.date dateValue = formatter.parse(dateAsString, new ParsePosition(0)); dateValue will be Sun Sep 30 20:00:00 EDT 2007 in UTC. Now I need to store this date and time to ...