1. Dynamically access multiple databases? stackoverflow.com
My question is very related to this one: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/932625/multiple-dynamic-data-sources-for-a-servlet-context. However I haven’t found a proper solution just yet and would like to ask it again. I have a little JSF application ...
2. JNDI Names -- Is Prefix "jdbc/" needed? stackoverflow.com
What's up with JNDI names? I'm trying to get a javax.sql.DataSource using the new annotations feature of Java 5. It's not working for me, so I want to ask... I have a ...
3. Legacy application with JDBC and JNDI REALM authentication stackoverflow.com
My application currently relies on JDBC realm authentication. Recent needs have forced us to think about having LDAP authentication as well. We are thinking about using Active Directory for both authentication ...
4. Accessing JNDI from within Eclipse OSGI bundle, hosted in WebSphere App Server stackoverflow.com
I have a problem accessing JNDI resources from within an OSGI bundle, hosted in WebSphere Application Server (WAS) using a servlet bridge. It is failing on creating the JNDI initial context. My ...
5. Jetty 6: Cannot create context (NoInitialContextException) stackoverflow.com
I want to use connection pooling with Jetty 6, but so far it is giving my a lot of troubles. I do
It doesn't throw an exception, but when ...
6. Problem with Database while using JNDI Lookup. bytes.com
A Connection is the owner of a Statement. A Statement is the owner of a ResultSet. When you close an object earlier in the chain the other objects, later in the ...
7. JNDI help coderanch.com
8. WSAD - JDBC & JNDI coderanch.com
9. Warning: Resource reference is not defined for JNDI name coderanch.com
10. JNDI and WSAD Database Connectivity Steps coderanch.com
11. JDBC with JNDI coderanch.com
12. JNDI problem coderanch.com
I am trying a sample application that uses JNDI. But when I try to run one servlet I get the following error: C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\jndi-datasource\WEB-INF\classes \com\servlet>javac JndiDatasourceServlet.java JndiDatasourceServlet.java:15: package com.sql does not exist import com.sql.JndiDatasource; ^ JndiDatasourceServlet.java:35: cannot find symbol symbol : class JndiDatasource location: class com.servlet.JndiDatasourceServlet JndiDatasource jnd = new JndiDatasource(); ^ JndiDatasourceServlet.java:35: cannot find symbol symbol : class ...
13. JNDI for database coderanch.com
Thanks Paul. Yes, I meant that only but being new to JNDI, I couldn't ask that properly. Thanks Medha, It was nice link and helped me to find more content. I found a link which explains it step by step: http://www.onjava.com/onjava/2003/01/08/examples/AddressesDB.html. Code from that article: InitialContext initialContext = new InitialContext (); Context envContext = (Context) initialContext.lookup ("java:comp/env"); DataSource dataSource = (DataSource) ...
14. problem to Access database using JNDI name with Postgres coderanch.com
15. JDBC, JNDI and JTA coderanch.com
16. JNDI null issue coderanch.com
I am trying to get JNDI to work. My attempt gives me error: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null' server.xml(C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28\conf)
17. JNDI coderanch.com
Hi, I tried logging to Tomcat Websever Admin by giving username and password to create a JNDI. It says Invalid username/password try again. I changed the tomcat-users.xml file also and restarted the server. but still i face the same problem. Could anyone help me out of this.
18. DataSouce without JNDI coderanch.com
19. JNDI for Jdbc coderanch.com
20. can we give any name to jndi name? coderanch.com
21. difference between a jndi lookup and java:comp look up? coderanch.com
Ravi, One thing is java:comp lookup is portable ,where as global JNDI lookup through context are not. Say if you lookup datasource through JNDI in global context, when you change your underlying database , JNDI differs so does your code . where as if you use java:comp , change in web.xml / vendor specific xml alone.
22. JDBC-ODBC Bridge VS JNDI coderanch.com
Hi friends, i am working on my college project. My project is working perfectly. i used JDBC-ODBC bridge driver. but my teachers says that this driver is very useful for testing, but not for normal use, i.e., when we deploy our application to the web server over the internet, its not a good idea to use JDBC.ODBC bridge driver. Instead we ...
23. How to use JNDI? java-forums.org
24. Resource Annotation has no effect but JNDI Lookup works (JDBC Resource) forums.oracle.com
25. "jdbc/SchoolDataSource" is it a jndi name ? forums.oracle.com