1. What is the best-practice for nesting PreparedStatements? stackoverflow.com
I have several instances where that a section of legacy sql statements is based on a dependency. for example.
2. Are there any illegal characters when using named parameters in JDBC? stackoverflow.com
I'm using named parameters in a query to match fields in a map-like data structure. The data structure can have fields, or another map-like data structure. This nested structure is repeatable ...
3. Using JDBC, how can I substitute multiple IDs into "DELETE FROM T WHERE id IN (?)" stackoverflow.com
I have some code that produces a set of primary key values that I want to delete from a database table.
and I'd like ...
4. SQL exception when trying make an prepared statement stackoverflow.com
I'm trying to pass the following
However, I get an SQL exception that ...
5. JDBC generation of SQL in PreparedStatement stackoverflow.com
I had a really huge problem recently which took me a lot of time to debug. I have an update statement which updates 32 columns in table. I did that with ...
6. Why is this Java PreparedStatement throwing ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException 0 with parameterIndex = 1? stackoverflow.com
The following method, when called with something like
7. Prepared Statement Failing (With an Error Message!) stackoverflow.com
I am getting this error when trying to insert data into a data table
I looked at the appropriate data table and there does ...
8. How to get the status of a Java PreparedStatement.executeQuery(..) stackoverflow.com
I have a SQL query running using something like this:
It works fine when I use a local database, but ...
9. Using Prepared Statements to set Table Name stackoverflow.com
Im trying to use prepared statements to set a table name to select data from but i keep getting an error when i execute the query. The error and sample code is ...
10. Preventing SQL injection without prepared statements (JDBC) stackoverflow.com
I have a database log appender that inserts a variable number of log lines into the database every once in a while. I'd like to create an SQL statement in a way ...
11. Java - Prepared statements and arrays stackoverflow.com
How can I handle an array in a prepared statement? i.e, I want to do a query and one of the parameters I get is an array of strings which I ...
12. How does a PreparedStatement avoid or prevent SQL injection? stackoverflow.com
I know that PreparedStatements avoid/prevent SQL Injection. How does it do that? Will the final form query that is constructed using PreparedStatements will be a string or otherwise?
13. How do I sanitize SQL without using prepared statements stackoverflow.com
For some sql statements I can't use a prepared statment, for instance: SELECT MAX(AGE) FROM ? For instance when I want to vary the table. Is there a utility that sanitizes sql in ...
14. How can I get the SQL of a PreparedStatement? stackoverflow.com
I have a general Java method with the following method signature:
It opens a connection, builds a
15. Get query from java.sql.PreparedStatement stackoverflow.com
In my code I am using
16. PreparedStatement.setString() method without quotes stackoverflow.com
I'm trying to use a PreparedStatement with code similar to this:
Obviously, what happens when I use setString() to set the table and name field ...
17. Variable column names using prepared statements stackoverflow.com
I was wondering if there was anyway to specify returned column names using prepared statements. I am using MySQL and Java. When I try it:
18. Using SQL function in parameterized statement stackoverflow.com
Considering this query:
Now, I need to convert it to a parameterized statement:
19. SQL Prepared Statment to Create Table stackoverflow.com
I wanted to know of some way to create table on the fly based on user input(SQL Prepared Statement)
What should ...
20. java.sql.SQLException: Missing IN or OUT parameter at index::4 error occurs with preparestatement stackoverflow.com
21. Java PreparedStatement Syntax stackoverflow.com
Is this the correct syntax for a prepared statement in java:
22. How can I find the error in my SQL prepared statement? stackoverflow.com
23. PreparedStatement with subquery returning empty result set stackoverflow.com
I've got a query that works fine when I run it in SQL Developer, but returns an empty result set when run as a prepared statement. I'm not sure if my ...
24. Does the preparedStatement avoid SQL injection? stackoverflow.com
I have read and tried to inject vulnerable sql queries to my application. It is not safe enough. I am simply using the Statement Connection for database validations and other insertion ...
25. How do you write the SQL for a PreparedStatement using a WHERE x IN clause? stackoverflow.com
I have a query that looks like this:
26. Java Prepared Statement Error stackoverflow.com
Hi Guys the following code throws me an error i have an insert statement created once and in the while loop i am dynamically setting parameter , and at the end ...
27. Java Using SQL Execute method but being able to access results stackoverflow.com
Rather than having complex SQL queries, tries, catch and finals everywhere in the code I have a method
28. How to get parameters from PreparedStatement? stackoverflow.com
I'm writing generic logger for SQLException and I'd like to get parameters that were passed into PreparedStatement, how to do it ? I was able to get the count of them.
29. Do we have some placeholders in java for string as we have (?) in SQL prepared statement stackoverflow.com
Can i have placeholder for String java like we have in sql prepared statements?
Eg Conside that i have
30. Java preparedstatement using two single quotes for empty string paramenter stackoverflow.com
I am using a preparedsatatement with sql such as:
But if any ...
31. PreparedStatement not executing! stackoverflow.com
So odd! :P
32. Java PreparedStatement equivalent for OraclePreparedStatement registerReturnParameter stackoverflow.com
OraclePreparedStatement has a registerReturnParameter that works with a "Returning into" sql clause. What's the Java equivalent (and a SQL statement) that would do the same? I believe getGeneratedKeys() only ...
33. PreparedStatement.setString() call behaving oddly stackoverflow.com
This might be really simple, but I do not understand what is going wrong. As background, I use PreparedStatements with template queries for efficiency. I invoke setString(index, argument) to populate portions ...
34. How do I properly get a SQL Datetime back into my Java application? stackoverflow.com
I'm having trouble with retrieving queries from my SQL database. I can get the blasted things added to the database, but I'm having an inordinate amount of difficulties performing the reverse. ...
35. how to use prepared statement stackoverflow.com
someone have suggested me to use prepared statement i dont know how to use it what changes i have to do in my code my code is:
36. How to prevent SQL injection if I don't have option to use "PreparedStatement" in Java/J2EE stackoverflow.com
I have one application In which I can’t user “PreparedStatement” on some of places. Most of SQL queries are like…. String sql = "delete from " + tableName; So I like to know ...
37. Converting Dynamic SQL Query to a Prepared statement in Java stackoverflow.com
I'm wanting to write a program that converts a SQL Dynamic Query into a prepared statement in Java. So if given a string like "SELECT * FROM EMPLOYEE_TABLE WHERE FIRST_NAME='BOB';" I'd like ...
38. What's the correct way to use PreparedStatement in java? stackoverflow.com
Specifically if I have three queries should I do
and "share" the one object. Or should I do
39. How to set a formula in a JDBC PreparedStatement stackoverflow.com
I have a PreparedStatement that I use to insert a bunch of rows with a lot of column data. However, for one of the columns (a Timestamp), if the value is ...
40. invalid column index error with Prepare statment stackoverflow.com
I am getting
41. Will prepared statements prevent sql injection attacks? stackoverflow.com
Consider a hypothetical case where I have to retrieve some details from the database based on the userId and the sample code is given below
42. parameter validation in PreparedStatement stackoverflow.com
I am working on a java app that utilizes PreparedStatement.
firstFieldValue is a parameter. And it is necessary to check that its ...
43. jdbc preparedStatements for multiple value inside IN stackoverflow.com
How to set values for sql with IN which can hold variable numbers like, ... WHERE ...status IN (4, 6,7 ); ?
44. Do I get a memory leak by not closing my JDBC PreparedStatements? stackoverflow.com
I'm working with java.sql PreparedStatements, and I was wondering about the following: In Java is Pass-by-Value, Dammit!, the following is given as an example of Java's Pass-By conventions:
45. PreparedStatement with CONTAINS query stackoverflow.com
I have a query that will need to run 28 000 times in a row, so I thought using a preparedStatement probably is a clever idea. Here is my query :
46. SQL : how to use IN keyword with prepared statement for range replacement using Java stackoverflow.com
I have to use ...
47. Slow calls to java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection on Weblogic due to extra drivers stackoverflow.com
Weblogic server. I've profiled the code and java.sqlDriverManager.getConnection iterates through all the drivers that were registered with a call to DriverManager.registerDriver(driver). My application uses an appache connection pool library. There must ...
48. Java standard library to escape strings (without prepared statements) stackoverflow.com
I'm searching for a Java standard library to escape strings before using them in a SQL statement. This is mainly to prevent errors and to prevent SQL injection, too. Unfortunately, I will ...
49. JDBC PreparedStatement Data Truncation Exception stackoverflow.com
I am trying to insert the values into DB2 Database table where the table has huge number of columns However 5 columns in specific
50. How to fill a query sql with multiple optional parameter in PreparedStatement? stackoverflow.com
I explain myself... I have a form with fill the query (eg.):
but only the "id" is mandatory, all ...
51. Rewriting SQL statements to prepared statements in Java stackoverflow.com
Due to circumstances outside our control (using code written by a 3rd party, in other words), we find ourselves needing to rewrite SQL statements with inline values into prepared statements. Right ...
52. Can't find CachedRowSet into javax.sql coderanch.com
53. javax.sql.RowSet, CachedRowSet coderanch.com
54. PreparedStatement in SQL coderanch.com
Hello all, Could anyone please tell me if I use a statement like this i.e. insertMarketDayTrade = connection.prepareStatement(insertMarketDayTradeString); insertMarketDayTrade.setString(1, marketRef); insertMarketDayTrade.setInt(2,tradeVolume); insertMarketDayTrade.setInt(3,tradePrice); insertMarketDayTrade.executeUpdate(); insertMarketDayTrade.close(); more than once will the database try to compile the statement again or will it already be aware it has one?? Is there anywhere in SQL where I can view what statements have been compiled? Thanks for ...
55. Viewing SQL from PreparedStatements coderanch.com
56. SQL built-in functions in PreparedStatement? coderanch.com
[8/4/05 12:12:42:481 CDT] 36aa36aa SystemErr R java.sql.SQLException: [SQL0418] Use of parameter marker not valid. [8/4/05 12:12:42:496 CDT] 36aa36aa SystemErr R at java.lang.Throwable.
57. sql of prepared statement coderanch.com
Jiju, If you search this forum for DebuggableStatement, you will find a tool that shows you the values of the bound parameters. However, it is more likely that there are fields in the table that are not being referenced from the insert. These would default to null, which may not be allowed.
58. Get SQL value out of PreparedStatement - Any API coderanch.com
59. Obtaining The SQL from a prepared Statement coderanch.com
I have a Prepared Statement insert into person(firstname,lastname) values(?,?); and I am setting the firstname and lastname via Preparedstmt.set(1,"ade"); Preparedstmt.set(2,"yomi"); and the last step is Preparestmt.executeUpdate(); The question i have is i am trying to obtain the SQL executed against the Database,after doing the set and executing the executeUpdate command which method can i use?
61. PreparedStatement problem; Doesn't happen with plain SQL coderanch.com
Hi, I have spent a day or more trying to figure out the answer to this problem. I wanted to see if anyone has had a similar problem. When I execute this code, I get a result set that contains records (this is just test code to get it working, so no looping through RS): StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer(); sb.append("SELECT ...
62. How can we view the generated sql using PreparedStatement ? coderanch.com
63. java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver - java.sql.DriverManager coderanch.com
64. How to fetch the sql query from the prepared statement at runtime? coderanch.com
Hi All, Below there is an snippet of code , Assume con,ps,rs are defined properly. String sqll = "select id, userName, password, firstName, lastName, phoneNumber, phoneExtension, email, email2, userLevel, companyId, creatorId, activated, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday, sunday, month, browserInfo from userInfo where userName = (?) and activated='Y' order by userName" ; ps1 = createPreparedStatement(con, sqll); String value = "xab";// ...
66. sql rownum usage in preparedstatement coderanch.com
67. Dynamic SQl - PreparedStatement coderanch.com
Hi All, I have the below requirement in my project. The project uses dynamic sql in its queries in the following way. sqlQuery = sqlQuery + " AND GROUP IN ("+ userRole.toString().trim() + ") "; userRole is StringBuffer whose value would be 'admin','inq' Now the query hard codes the value, i want the value to be set at run time using ...
68. using more than one sql statements in a preparedstatement coderanch.com
69. null pointer exception on sql with preparedStatement forums.oracle.com
70. print preparedstatement sql with values forums.oracle.com
hi I have replaced the values using preparedstatment and its setString methods. i want to print the statement with the values replaced in PS. its for our auditing purpose. using database itself is not an option, has to be done in my java application so how can i print the statement which is being executed along with the replaced values? Thanks ...
71. SQL Error using cachedrowSet.populate. forums.oracle.com
crs2.populate(rs2); crs3.populate(rs3); is throwing an sql error. I ran the query in my query analyzer tool and it runs fine. But when I try to populate it in cachedrowset it throws sql error. I have more queries in the same java which I am passing to the jsp as cachedrowset (for example cr3 in the above code) And they all are ...
72. regarding java.sql.PreparedStatement forums.oracle.com
73. CachedRowSet SQL variable forums.oracle.com
******** //tbl_itdontaddupRowSet.setCommand("SELECT ALL tbl_itdontaddup.ID, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Hype, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Fact, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Dev_Title, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Dev_Verse, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Dev_Text, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Note_Text, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Note_Ref, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Headline, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Article \nFROM tbl_itdontaddup\nWHERE tbl_itdontaddup.ID = 1 "); ******** //tbl_itdontaddupRowSet.setCommand("SELECT ALL tbl_itdontaddup.ID, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Hype, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Fact, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Dev_Title, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Dev_Verse, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Dev_Text, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Note_Text, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Note_Ref, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Headline, \n tbl_itdontaddup.Article \nFROM tbl_itdontaddup ");