1. java.sql.Connection extension for SSH stackoverflow.com
I have a MySQL database behind a firewall which can only be accessed via an SSH connection. Does anyone know of an implementation of java.sql.Connection which would allow me to make ...
2. LINQ for Java tool stackoverflow.com
Would a LINQ for java be a useful tool? I have been working on a tool that will allow a Java object to map to a row in a database. ...
3. MySQL and SQLite differences in SQL stackoverflow.com
I'm writing java application that is using both SQLite and MySQL using JDBC. Are there any differences in SQL for those databases? Can I use same queries for both SQLite and MySQL, ...
4. How to write a null safe compare "<=>" in pure SQL? stackoverflow.com
In Mysql there is a compare operator that is a null safe: <=>. I use this in my Java program when creating prepared statements like this:
5. ejb sql [select * from where A & 1] stackoverflow.com
i will use a query like this in ejb ql:
But i have the following error:
How can i use this operator to ...
6. Running a .sql script using MySQL with JDBC stackoverflow.com
I am starting to use MySQL with JDBC.
7. How to get the results of WHERE conditional evaluations in the result set? stackoverflow.com
The PROBLEMI have a query like this:
8. Question about SQL catalogs - What exactly are they? stackoverflow.com
Something that has been puzzling me for a bit now, and an hour or two of googlin' hasn't really revealed any useful answers on the subject, so I figured I'd just ...
9. mysql propogate sql exception to java program stackoverflow.com
i have a java program that is calling a Mysql stored procedure that is rolling back when it gets an SQLException. When i added the rollback (exit handler) to the ...
10. Insert 50 thousand record in MySQL stackoverflow.com
I want to insert 50 000 records into MySQL through a web service written in Java but only 20 000 records are getting inserted. I dont think there is size (number of ...
11. How to read data from an XML file and store it into database (MySQL)? stackoverflow.com
I need to get data from an XML file and store it into a MySQL Database. I am thinking of using a SAX Parser for parsing the data but I am ...
12. Java and SQL : return null or throw exception? stackoverflow.com
This is another debated subject, but this time i am searching only for the simple and documented answers. The scenario : Let's assume the following method:
13. How to store data into MySQL database? stackoverflow.com
I have created a java application which stores data into MySQL database. For that I have done the following things:
14. Few questions from a Java programmer regarding porting preexisting database which is stored in .txt file to mySQL? stackoverflow.com
I've been writing a Library management Java app lately, and, up until now, the main Library database is stored in a
15. " INTO OUTFILE " statement terminated without completion locks the file stackoverflow.com
i am creating a csv by using "INTO OUTFILE" statement for a mysql database. the database is huge 0.4 million records. i am using java program from eclipse to connect to ...
16. Dealing with ugly SQL in Java stackoverflow.com
Here goes a SQL-Java coding style question... How do others here deal with creating complex custom queries in Java cleanly? I am speaking of the seemingly simple task of preparing a string which ...
17. mysql's current_timestamp for java derby stackoverflow.com
Does anyone know how to do the same thing ...
18. sql statement "into outfile" not working with jdbc stackoverflow.com
I am attempting to add an "export to CSV" feature to a webapp that displays data from a MySQL database. I have a written a "queryExecuter" class to execute queries ...
19. Which method should I go with; Indexing MySQL db with SOLR stackoverflow.com
I have a classifieds website, with approx 30 categories of classifieds. I am on the stage where I have to build MySQL tables and index them with SOLR. Each row in a table ...
20. Close SQL connection Java Webservice stackoverflow.com
I am programming a WebService in Java that create and call this class :
21. Do I need to normalize this MySQL db? stackoverflow.com
I have a classifieds website which uses SOLR to search for whatever ads the user wants to search for... SOLR then returns the ID:s of all the matches found. I then ...
22. Wrong number of database records is output by a Java program stackoverflow.com
I have a table in mySQL and has 3 line which has name ,address,Telephone,Age,Charge. in two of them the names are "Adam" and the last row is "Abas" ,i don't know ...
23. SQL command line stackoverflow.com
my friend wants from me to write two queries for him but really I don't know ,would you please help me? also there is a table with two column (String Telephone and ...
24. Anybody care to explain "Tokenized Field" in terms of Databases? stackoverflow.com
I am reading about SOLR and indexing a MySQL database into SOLR. What do they mean by "tokenize" and "un-tokenize"? And what does it mean when fields are "normalized"? I know how and what ...
25. Java: Trouble connecting to MySQL stackoverflow.com
I'm writing a desktop java app on that I want to connect to a MySQL database on a server. Here is the code to do that:
26. How can I implement this functionality into SOLR? stackoverflow.com
I have a classifieds website, and users may for example search for cars. When searching for a car, there are a number of endings in their names as you all probably know. For ...
27. SOLR commit and optimize questions stackoverflow.com
I have a classifieds website. Users may put ads, edit ads, view ads etc. Whenever a user puts an ad, I am adding a document to solr. I don't know however when to commit ...
28. How to overcome "java.sql.SQLException: Too many connections" exception? stackoverflow.com
I have a simple web application written in java which has servlets accessing the Mysql Database to generate reports. The report generation happens very frequently. I am using the apache commons ...
29. Alternative of Storing data except databases like mysql,sql etc stackoverflow.com
I had completed my project Address Book in Java core, in which my data is stored in database (MySql). I am facing a problem that when i run my program on other ...
30. Multi database schema export stackoverflow.com
I'm writing a project that will make use of mySQL or Derby (it must work in both situations). To solve this I'm using Hibernate and it works nicely, but for a ...
31. java cms(opencms) and my SQL configuring problem stackoverflow.com
i have installed open cms on my local machine and it perfectly works fine. But in order to work it corre,ty it is mentioned that i have to modify the my.ini file ...
32. Speed up multiple JDBC SQL querys? stackoverflow.com
I'm working on a shortest path a* algorithm in java with a mysql db. I'm executing the following SQL Query approx 300 times in the program to find route connections from ...
33. SEC_TO_TIME() convert to java.sql.Time error stackoverflow.com
hi I have a aggregate column present the microsecond, a report(with jasper) have to show HH:mm:ss of this indicator What I did is using SEC_TO_TIME(sum(col)/1000) , but when mapping to java.sql.Time, i ...
34. How do I get the median/mode/range of a column in SQL using Java? stackoverflow.com
I have to get the median, mode and range of test scores from one column in a table but I am unsure how to go about doing that. When you connect ...
35. How to save Map objects in Java to MySQL database stackoverflow.com
I have Java Map (out of Strings and Ints) objects that I want to save to a database. Is there a standard way to go about this task? Is there a way ...
36. sql jdbc getgeneratedkeys returns column "id" not found, column type unknown stackoverflow.com
I want to retrieve the most recently updated value in the table using an insert query. these are the datatypes in my sql table.
37. java.sql.SQLException: Parameter index out of range (3 > number of parameters, which is 2) stackoverflow.com
38. java.sql.SQLException: Parameter number X is not an OUT parameter stackoverflow.com
I'm struggling with getting the result OUT variable from a MySQL stored procedure. I get the following error:
The stored procedure looks like this:
39. how to get insert sql in mysql shell or java library? stackoverflow.com
my table is:
to get the create table sql but how to get insert sql? like:
any idea? (or ...
40. Database Custom Profiler FOr .Net or Java stackoverflow.com
Microsoft provided us a way to create our own profiler by using Microsft.* namespaces. I can trace all queries going to any MS SQL instance. I need to do this on ...
41. Folder permissions based on users and groups stackoverflow.com
Hey Im working on a folder tree and need to be able to limit the visibility of certain folder based on the user and the group they belong to. I already ...
42. Java and prepareStatement with MySQL stackoverflow.com
I use Java to do some SQL queries. in general the queries that i want to perform are:
43. Best SQL Option for Performance stackoverflow.com
I currently need to execute a database query that involves data from three separate tables.
The bases table looks like the following
44. How to backup a Solr database? stackoverflow.com
I wonder how to backup (dump) a Solr database? If it is only to copy some files, then please specify which files (filename, location etc). Thanks
45. Manually construct SQL with binary data in Java stackoverflow.com
I have a small program that manually creates queries. In pseudo code, it's basically done like this
46. MySQL dump .sql script and import to an apache derby stackoverflow.com
47. sql time functions stackoverflow.com
how can I do the analogous to SELECT EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM TIMESTAMP '2001-02-16 20:38:40') in PostgreSQL, but in JDBC? thanks
48. multiple conditions in where clause stackoverflow.com
i am using mysql. this query is working fine: SELECT * FROM tablename where Date >'20091109' and id='11'; but below this query does not return any thing. SELECT * FROM tablename where Date between ('20091109' ...
49. Is Java.sql's getRow() thread safe? stackoverflow.com
Lets say I have a large number of threads inserting into a mysql database using
50. Preventing SQL Injection In Ibatis stackoverflow.com
Is there anything built into Ibatis that helps prevent SQL Injection attacks? I'm not looking for a list of ways outside of Ibatis to do this, and am just wondering if ...
51. Why is java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(...) hanging? stackoverflow.com
I am attempting to get a connection to my University's MySQL DB but the connection is hanging.
52. errors while try to run executeQuery/prepared statements() stackoverflow.com
SQL statement is not executedcom.mysql.jdbc.CommunicationsException: Communications link >failure due to underlying exception: ** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION ** java.net.ConnectException MESSAGE: Connection ...
53. database questions in sql stackoverflow.com
The following query is in SQL:
Print the results to ...
54. Java/Sql: return an average from a specific column problem stackoverflow.com
I'm using embedded SQL with Java. I have a simple table where I want to return an average from the column that contains temperatures. I tried to use ResultSet but it ...
55. Null Pointer Exception throws in getConnection() stackoverflow.com
I have the followiing situation: I have a java code which is connected with a database (MySQL). When i am running the java code from eclipse and taking data from database, ...
56. Does MySQL's JDBC driver have a facility for parsing SQL? stackoverflow.com
I'm writing a Java tool to validate SQL statements. For SELECT queries, I can do it with
57. How can I backup a mysql database from Java? stackoverflow.com
how to backup and restore my mysql database through java program
58. Using an external HD to write to and store a mysql Database stackoverflow.com
I have set up mysql database to run with java and eclipse on my Mac, it is running great, but now I will generate aprox 4.3billion rows of data which will ...
59. How to design Database for this situation? stackoverflow.com
I'm working a minimal game with Java and mysql. I encountered some difficulties with how to design my tables correctly. I need some advices: Let me be specific, I have 3 ...
60. PreparedStatement.addBatch in java has any restrictions? stackoverflow.com
I'm trying to optimize the process of inserting a large number of results to a remote mySQL database. I'm using simple jdbc for that. Currently I'm replacing exiting statements with PreparedStatement ...
61. Java PreparedStatement SQL Syntax for LIKE stackoverflow.com
I have a prepared statement as so:
62. Mocking a MySQL server with Java stackoverflow.com
Since I'm not really proficient with databases, some details may be irrlevant, but I'll include everything: As part of a project in my University, we're creating a website that uses JSP, servlets ...
63. Where do I sort? stackoverflow.com
I have a database, which I query, and I'm unsure of where to perform the sorting of the results, so far I've have the following options.
64. Datatype for WHERE product_name IN (?) stackoverflow.com
The title says it all. I'm using JDBC directly, no Hibernate or ORM layer, and I want to search a table for multiple product names at the same time via "SELECT ...
65. Populating a MySQL database with values stackoverflow.com
I have a locally installed MySQL server on my laptop, and I want to use the information in it for a unit-test, so I want to create a script to generate ...
66. A problem connecting to a MySQL DB using JDBC stackoverflow.com
Here's how I'm trying to connect:
67. How to create your own callback for Ibatis SqlTemplateClientMap stackoverflow.com
I'd like to know how to create my own callback for a
68. Is there a workaround for JDBC w/liquibase and MySQL session variables & client side SQL instructions stackoverflow.com
Slowly building a starter changeSet xml file for one of three of my employer's primary schema's. The only show stopper has been incorporating the sizable library of MySQL stored procedures ...
69. MYSQL syntax error using LIMIT in Java stackoverflow.com
I'm running some simple MYSQL statements from within a Java application. I'm getting a syntax error on a statement that seems to run fine if I run it directly against the ...
70. Stumped SQL Exception for JDBC stackoverflow.com
I'm trying all I can to get a JDBC to work, the only thing that is stumping me right now is this exception, which I have no idea about:
71. Should the relationship between a Service and DAO be one to one or one to many? stackoverflow.com
The code that sparked this question was a Service in my company's code base that contained four different DAO's. I didn't think much of this until I saw that this Service ...
72. What's wrong with my sql connection? stackoverflow.com
I've created a web service to connect my android device to a mysql database. I made the web service in java using eclipse galileo. I know the web service is working ...
73. inner join prepared sql statement in java stackoverflow.com
Good afternoon, i'm attempting to use a prepared statement to select a value from an SQL database. My input, is an ID in the table Notification. I get an ID, because of ...
74. delete sql not deleting stackoverflow.com
I'm trying to delete an event from my table. However I can't seem to get it to work. My SQL statement is:
75. SQL exception: no value specified for parameter stackoverflow.com
I am getting a SQL exception "no value for parameter 3", I print all the value on the console. Why does it throw an exception?
76. Show the ten first contacts that I have recieved message stackoverflow.com
I want to create Sql statement that show the ten first contacts that I have recieved message from along with their latest sent message and time. The table columns is
77. JDBC SQL Connection stackoverflow.com
I am trying to use JDBC to connect to a mysql database on our school's server. Here is my code:
78. SQL: ten first contacts that I have received message from or sent to along with their latest sent message and time stackoverflow.com
I have a follow up to complicated mysql question that I recently asked: Show the ten first contacts that I have recieved message Now I know that it is missing something, ...
79. Best practice for multithreaded applications that talk to a sql database stackoverflow.com
I have 20 factory machines all processing tasks. I have a database adapter that talks to a MYSQL database that the machines store all their info in. Is it safe to ...
80. Matcher.quoteReplacement versus preparedstatement stackoverflow.com
In my project I have to create insert statements based on the tables passed. So I have two options 1)Write preparedstatement and run it in batch 2)Create insert into table values(..),(..),(..) I want to ...
81. How to know if an sql statement executed in java? stackoverflow.com
I want to know if this delete statement has actually deleted something. The code below always execute the else. Whether it has deleted something or not. What's the proper way ...
82. Can't create SQL Statement - Java stackoverflow.com
Well writing a login checker for a game, and switching from C# to java. Problem is I am using older code as an exmaple but keep running into this problem with ...
83. Java-Compare data from textbox to sql record stackoverflow.com
Pretty much writing a launcher for a game and I need to take text from the Username text box, and a password textbox and then fetch the data from mysql server. ...
84. Java reset sql timeout stackoverflow.com
I just want to test how to implement a timeout reset to a mysql server caused by an internet connection timeout. Therefore I have this little bit of code.
85. Java Sanitize Input for Database without PreparedStatement stackoverflow.com
I know I've read the easy way of sanitizing user input into a database with Java is using PreparedStatement. But I was wondering if there was another way to sanitize user ...
86. Difference between java.sql and mysql.jdbc stackoverflow.com
I've only learned Java last quarter of 2010. I can say the knowledge I gained as of now are not enough and there's a lot of improvement. I still do studying ...
87. how to monitor database transaction? stackoverflow.com
I have written a webapplication for payroll system which can do (insert,update,delete) to mysql database.
I want to know
how many transaction happened in mysql database ?
88. How to retreive the password from a java.sql.Connection object stackoverflow.com
I'm looking for a way to get the password from a java.sql.Connection object. I know there's a getUserName() method in the DatabaseMetaData object, but unfortunately no corresponding getPassword() method. ...
89. Netbeans J2EE SQL Driver not found stackoverflow.com
Hey I made an EJB program and I created entity classes form my SQL database. Everything worked fine and it can connect to my database, but I get this error now ...
90. Generating a dymamic sql SELECT statement stackoverflow.com
Hi all I'm having some small trouble trying to dynamicall generate an SQL SELECT statement generated from an entry from a webpage. Basically i have a small search engine in the website, it ...
91. Is it possible create new account in mysql from java? stackoverflow.com
I need use sql without working with mysql. Just from java create account, databases, export and import databases. Its possible? Or I shoult prefer XML for it?
92. Mahout/Hadoop: SQL to SequenceFile stackoverflow.com
I am starting to use Mahout for clustering, but I am having a hard time trying to convert a sql(mysql) dump to a mahout-compatible SequenceFile. I am using the code above. ...
93. Can MySQL stored procedures be used for anything Java is used for? stackoverflow.com
i.e, can we just use stored procedures for everything? In a web-site backed by a DB that is.
94. java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found class com.mysql.jdbc.Statement, but interface was expected stackoverflow.com
when this exception come for SQL
Can you please explain ? does it come due to mysql jar changes to next version ? ...
95. mySQL syntax error stackoverflow.com
I have method:
96. Java PreparedStatement complaining about SQL syntax on execute() stackoverflow.com
This is driving me nuts... What am I doing wrong here?
97. Can not issue data manipulation statements with executeQuery() stackoverflow.com
Can not issue data manipulation statements with executeQuery()How insert and ...
98. Parsing and Inserting 10 million records into SQL stackoverflow.com
So I have ~10 million records in an excel file that have to be parsed out in a specific way (I can't just convert to CSV and insert it like that) ...
99. Error in Code: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for TEST/ANKUR stackoverflow.com
100. When is a database called as an Embedded database? stackoverflow.com
Does the term 'embedded database' carry different meaning from 'database'?