1. How to change default nls_date_format for oracle jdbc client stackoverflow.com
I have defined the global nls_date_format on Oracle 10.2 XE as follows:
When connecting on Windows, the clients override it with session specific format, so I need ...
2. NLS_LANG setting for JDBC thin driver? stackoverflow.com
I am using the thin Oracle JDBC driver ver 10.2.0 (ojdbc14.jar). I would like to configure its NLS_LANG setting manually. Is there a way? Currently it fetches this setting from the VM ...
3. ORA-00604 ORA-12705 stackoverflow.com
I am having this error in my j2ee web application.
4. Environment variable (NLS_LANG) value altered in Java process? stackoverflow.com
This was noticed in some legacy Java application (jre1.4 on HP-UX). Parent process (shell script S1) is starting Java process, which on its own is starting child process (shell script S2). Schematically ...
5. Problem on persistence Unit and Oracle NLS stackoverflow.com
I have this persistence unit:
6. Set Oracle NLS_LANGUAGE from java in a webapp stackoverflow.com
My understanding of JDBC is that it automatically sets the Oracle NLS_LANGUAGE/NLS_TERRITORY session parameters based on the default Locale of the JVM. This is handy for a stand-alone swing app, but ...
7. Old and beaten ORA-12705: Cannot access NLS data files or invalid environment specified and java Locale.setDefault() stackoverflow.com
I have a question that makes me crazy on my laptop i have oracle-xe 10.2.0 on ubuntu DB Charset : AMERICAN_AMERICA.AL32UTF8 NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.AL32UTF8
8. Does java environment changes value of NLS_DATE_FORMAT parameter? stackoverflow.com
I have a unix and a linux server used as Database Server and Application Server Respectively. The Database is Oracle 10g and App Server is Weblogic 9.3 MP3 with jRockit 1.5 installed. I ...
9. Oracle NLS_DATE_FORMAT for JDBC coderanch.com
Hi, I'm trying to set the NLS_DATE_FORMAT to influence my application server's JDBC connection to an Oracle database and I can't manage it. I'm using NT with Tomcat and I've set NLS_DATE_FORMAT in the command line when I start tomcat and in my environment settings where my classpath and ora81\bin path is defined, but it's not taking it. It defaults to ...
10. Oracle NLS support thru JDBC coderanch.com
11. JDBC drivers to Oracle with NLS support coderanch.com
12. RESEND: JDBC driver to Oracle with NLS support coderanch.com
I don't know if anyone understands what you envisage from "NLS support" in a driver. Java used Unicode. The thin driver is a type 4 driver, so is 100% Java. Your database is a Unicode database. I don't know what other support you would need from the driver. Can you explain what support you anticipate needing?