1. Good pattern or framework for adding auditing to an existing app? stackoverflow.com
I have an existing J2EE enterprise application to which I need to add auditing, i.e. be able to record CRUD operations on several important domain types (Employee, AdministratorRights, etc.). The application has ...
2. Are there any good J2EE value list handler pattern implementations? stackoverflow.com
3. Recommended Java/AJAX design pattern? stackoverflow.com
We need some input on what is a good design pattern on using AJAX in a Java application. Consider a simple scenario:
4. What is the difference between Dispatcher view and Service to work design pattern? stackoverflow.com
What is the main difference between Dispatcher view and Service to work design pattern?
5. Patterns for deploying layered business applications written in Java stackoverflow.com
I'm working on a layered business application written in Java that should be packaged as an EAR file and deployed to a JBoss application server. There's a web-application layer, a service ...
6. Java EE deployment patterns resourses stackoverflow.com
I'm looking book/online resources about Java EE application deployment pattens. Especially I want to know patterns when to use local interfaces when remote ones (how many nodes I need to?). The ...
7. Gang-of-four pattern usage in aspect-oriented-programming? stackoverflow.com
I am doing research on a SOA topic and i am trying to understand what gang of four say about aspect orientation. I also need to implement one of these pattern ...
8. Java Web Application Configuration Patterns stackoverflow.com
Are there any patterns or best practices that can be used to simplify changing configuration profiles for java web applications across multiple environments. e.g. JDBC URLs, SOAP end-points, etc. As ...
9. Sample J2EE projects using J2EE design patterns stackoverflow.com
For .Net there are lots of projects that Microsoft/others provide via which one can learn how patterns etc. are implemented in real life projects. I am looking for ones for J2EE (apart ...
10. Using Command Design pattern stackoverflow.com
Can any one explain with simple example of Command Pattern. I refer in internet but i got confused. Thanks, Ravi
11. Can we consider a design pattern as a tier in j2ee application stackoverflow.com
Recently i got this question in my interview.. He had asked me about N tier ,I was telling him about 3 tier applications Suddenly he asked me Can i have 5 tiers ...
12. how to achieve xxx.blogspot.com URL pattern? stackoverflow.com
Consider the case of blogspot.com the domain is the one blogspot.com only but suppose i register in it with xxx then i will have xxx.blogspot.com like wise here it won't be ...
13. Are all of the core J2EE patterns still good in context of JEE? stackoverflow.com
With the arrival of JEE and EJB 3,
14. Looking for design patterns to isolate framework layers from each other stackoverflow.com
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience in "isolating" framework objects from each other (Spring, Hibernate, Struts). I'm beginning to see design "problems" where an object from one framework gets ...
15. Visual artifacts on UIView rotation with tiled background image stackoverflow.com
I have an iPad app with a standard UIViewController/UIView setup - all rotations are allowed. The UIView draws some tiled image as background (the tile is 256*256 pixels):
17. Java EE patterns - Registry and others - relevance stackoverflow.com
18. How would you solve this in Java? Any design pattern for referencing to unknown data? stackoverflow.com
My system needs to interface with a couple of other systems, and possibly more in the future. The web application has an internal data model suitable for its purpose, however when ...
19. disadvantage of CRUD pattern stackoverflow.com
21. JAVA EE proxy pattern stackoverflow.com
I keep reading everywhere that when you ask for dependencies to be injected in a bean, you are injected a proxy to an instance of that resource. I believe I know ...
22. Java EE 6 Design Patterns stackoverflow.com
I would like to know about the design patterns that can be applied in Java EE 6 implementation. MVC. GOF. DAO Persistent relational mapping pooling CEC Entity control boundary (ECB) and many others Do JPA eliminate the ...
23. Using AOP to track code usage patterns in a Java Application stackoverflow.com
I am curious if anyone out there has used AOP to track code usage patterns in a Java Application? My goal is to log to the database all the java classes ...
24. Is there Pattern to manage : Taxonomy + search (Lucene) + Permission stackoverflow.com
I want to develop my own website administration.
Here is my problem, I want to use these technologies :
25. J2EE Design Pattern - Dispatcher View & Service to Worker stackoverflow.com
I am trying to understand J2EE design pattern - 'Dispatcher View' & 'Service to Worker'. What is the core idea behind these two approached & how to use these patterns in our ...
26. Table module and table data gateway patterns stackoverflow.com
I'm learning about patterns of j2ee, can anybody tell me what the differences are between table module(domain logic pattern) and table data gateway (data-source pattern)? Thank you
28. JEE design pattern question for MDB stackoverflow.com
We are designing an application in which MDBs will pick up incoming messages and do a series of tasks. Some of these are functional like XML validation and some are like aspects ...
29. HTTPAsyncClient Using Singleton Design Pattern stackoverflow.com
I am trying to use Apache HttpAsyncClient to write a singleton class to provide asynchronous HTTP service for my application. Here is the example of the HttpAsyncClient codes:
30. plugin base pattern for web app stackoverflow.com
I would like in a web application to be able to add some functionnality Is there any pattern for a web application to be able to add plugin? Every plugins could be a ...
31. E-commerce application using MVC pattern stackoverflow.com
I am going to develop an e-commerce application using MVC architecture (model 2). Could you please guide me onto essential tips I should care for ? Like design concepts, choosing suitable ...
32. How should I design a plugin system in a layered Java EE Application? stackoverflow.com
I have a Java EE based REST api application. It has a layered architecture like the following:
33. difference between facade and business delegate pattern stackoverflow.com
What is the difference between facade and business delegate design pattern. Aren't both used for hiding business logic from the client?
34. Is there a way to avoid HttpSession time renew for a specific url pattern? stackoverflow.com
First, I know the simple answer is no. But my problem is: I have a webapp that uses comet to notify events to users, but when a reconnection occurs, the session ...
35. Task Pattern for Java Web Applications stackoverflow.com
It's pretty common to see some flavor of the Task Pattern implemented on enterprise Swing applications. It just makes sense: you'll have a lot of complex user commands that may take ...
37. Connection pooling using which design pattern ? coderanch.com
There is no need to use the Singleton pattern together with a connection pool. I'd actually advise against it. There are a number of other patterns that could be used in combination with a connection pool - for example the Proxy pattern. It really depends very much on the specific requirements and design problems.
38. Can we set a specific date pattern for our app/webapp coderanch.com
Can we set a specific date pattern for our application or web application without doing any work around by ourselves. I have looked into Locale class but couldn't find anything I want. As we can set a default locale for a JVM instance. Just like the same can we set a specific date format for a JVM instance. Moreover, can we ...
39. Using a Factory Pattern in a Web Based Application coderanch.com
I think the question should be changed from "how an Factory Pattern would be useful in a WebBased application" to "why or when we need to use Factory Pattern". The beauty of the Factory Pattern is you can "inject" new implementation to your system without large scale change. Factory Pattern encapsulate (or hide away) the creation of the real instance. That ...
40. Singleton pattern in j2ee? coderanch.com
Can you please tell us why we should not use singlton pattern in J2EE application? In our product (that is j2ee) we are using singleton pattern. that why I am thinking we can use it.for class which we want to have only one instance with respect to client. Please tell us. Thanks in advance.
41. Simple J2EE Design patterns for newbies forums.oracle.com
The code above works without any problems. However I now want to write a method to execute a select statement and I want it to be able to return the results to a jsp that can then iterate through and print out the results. My guess is that i create a method to return the resultsset array that a jsp page ...
42. J2EE patterns forums.oracle.com
43. Design Patterns that are used in standard j2se/j2ee classes/interfaces forums.oracle.com