1. What are the best books for JBoss? stackoverflow.com
My team is about to build a new product and we are using JBoss as the application server. There are other book posts on stackoverflow, but I couldn't find one ...
2. .NET enterprise application platform (same as JBoss to Java) stackoverflow.com
As a .NET developer I'm asking whether JBoss alternatives exist to be "more suitable for .NET development" as an enterprise application platform. Please do not make any suggestions, such as "make JBoss ...
3. Learning j2ee, jboss, etc stackoverflow.com
I've been doing "plain old java objects" programming for 10 years now, with Swing and JDBC, and I consider myself pretty good at it. But I start a new job ...
4. How do the ExceptionSorter classes in JBoss work? stackoverflow.com
I am wondering how the JBoss ExceptionSorter classes are able to check for database errors. The application (the EJB or persistence framework) is holding the reference to the database Connection, so SQLExceptions ...
5. Large Inner classes and private variables stackoverflow.com
One thing I've run into a few times is a service class (like a JBoss service) that has gotten overly large due to helper inner classes. I've yet to find a ...
6. How can you uniquify context-root on jBoss stackoverflow.com
Say I have a simple j2EE ear:
I would like to deploy the same ear twice so I rename the ear:
7. Support for EJB2 with Jboss 5CR2 stackoverflow.com
How I can configure Jboss 5 to support EJB2? I'm testing the new release of jboss (5) and need to deploy my old EJB2
8. How to modify http-headers on static files served by JBoss stackoverflow.com
I have a web application (.war) that contains some static files (e.g. MS word documents). When I try to download these files, JBoss automatically sets some HTTP-headers in the response. Is ...
9. retrieve Invocation Statistics with twiddle stackoverflow.com
Is there a way to get Invocation Statistics using twiddle command line tool
10. How do I configure IBM IMS connector in JBoss stackoverflow.com
I have the IMS Connector RAR file. Placed it inside JBOSS_INSTALL/server/default/deploy directory. Created a ims-ds.xml file and also placed in the same location. It appears as if it is deploying with ...
11. Using HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError parameter for heap dump for JBoss stackoverflow.com
I was told I can add the -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError parameter to my JVM start up options to my JBoss start up script to get a heap dump when we get an out ...
13. Running JBoss 5 and JBoss 4 simultaneously stackoverflow.com
I thought this would be a JBoss FAQ, but I can't find it. I'd like to run JBoss 4 and JBoss 5 at the same time. I manually changed all the ...
14. Diving into JBoss stackoverflow.com
Can anyone suggest any books/blogs/URLs to start learning about JBoss? I'd like to get an overview of the architecture and get a good understanding of what JBoss can do for me and ...
15. Where to put DTD and schema files stackoverflow.com
I have a fairly typical JavaEE application, composed using EJB3, seam components, spring beans and JSF, all packaged into several jar and war files inside an ear file. Naturally for JavaEE, ...
16. setting up JBoss5 with MyEclipse stackoverflow.com
I have been using Weblogic as my company used it. Now I want to try JBoss as an alternative. I'm using Eclipse with MyEclipse 7.1 plugin. I downloaded and unzipped JBoss ...
17. How do I use JBossAS 5 with Apache Ivy? stackoverflow.com
I am relitively new to Apache Ivy and am trying to move an existing dev project to using Ivy for dependency management. The last dependency I have to configure is ...
18. Enabling SSI (ServerSide Includes) in JBoss? stackoverflow.com
Any of you guys have enabled SSI (ServerSide Includes) in JBoss? I guess it should be not difficult as it is built on top of a Tomcat instance.
19. jboss problem with JMXConnectorServer stackoverflow.com
I just installed JBoss and tried to run it from Eclipse. When I first tried to run it I got an error stating that ports 8080 and 1098 are already being ...
20. Executing Constantly Changing Logic stackoverflow.com
I writing a dynamic HTML parsers functionality. I will want to modify existing parsers and also would want to add more parsers (I expect parsers will be modified as sites a ...
21. Is there any conflict between NFS and calling getFD().sync()? stackoverflow.com
My boss is worried that our NFS file system will not be happy with the jboss run java process calling getFD().sync on the files we are writing. We have noticed that ...
22. Recommended way to send email from a web app? stackoverflow.com
I have a web app on JBoss 4.2.3 and I'd like it to send email. I could do something like:
23. How to set up ATG development environment for use with JBoss stackoverflow.com
Can somebody please explain all the steps involved in setting up ATG development environment for use with JBoss AS. My requirement is simple, I need to develop and deploy a simple J2EE ...
24. What's your development environment for JBoss 5? stackoverflow.com
I’m developing application with JBoss AS 5 with a special configuration according to my needs (Web container, ejb3 and JMS) IDE: My Eclipse 6.5 Hardware: Apple macbook 2.3Ghz, 2Gb ram MyEclipse hot deploy works ...
25. Java development standards and tools (compared to C#) stackoverflow.com
I don't have any knowledge of Java platform and I wonder which tools (and methodologies) could be used to help developing maintainable code written in Java. I know one can use:
26. J2ee packaging - where should 3rd party libs go? stackoverflow.com
I'm working on an older j2ee project. It runs on JBoss. It deploys various ears and wars. It also requires many jar files in the $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib directory. Should ...
27. Where can I download JBoss Developer Studio 2.0 GA? stackoverflow.com
28. Where does System.err.println output go in Jboss? stackoverflow.com
I have a class in a WAR that I know prints some System.err.println output - where will this output end up? Any help appreciated, thanks.
29. How can I restart JBoss 5.1 on AIX from a shell script? stackoverflow.com
I need to restart JBoss from my script? I tried to call
But unfortunately shutdown.sh works asynchronously. Is it possible to restart JBoss from shell script?
30. Accessing a list of users through JBoss in a non-admin role? stackoverflow.com
We would like to make a list of users available in a portlet similar to the admin version of the UsersPortlet, but for those that aren't admins. This list would be ...
31. using JUnitEE with JBoss-IDE stackoverflow.com
Can anyone provide me with a tutorial on how to use JUnitEE with JBoss-IDE ? thanks.
32. What's the biggest website served by JBoss? stackoverflow.com
My "normal" development is based on java (1.6), a database (db2, oracle, mysql) and an application server (JBoss). I wonder if there is a limit of concurrent users that I can handle ...
33. How to use xml-apis in web application that will be running under JBoss 5.1? stackoverflow.com
We need to use jasper reports in web application under JBoss on AIX.
Today we get a problem when we tried to add
34. Jboss Auto start stackoverflow.com
I have Jboss 5 installed/configured. I would like the ability to have Jboss auto start when my VM boots up. I see in my Jboss bin directory I have ...
35. jboss has wrong time stackoverflow.com
Seems like a dumb question but I'm confused by this and haven't been able to figure it out. My Jboss app server (4.2.2) running on my dev machine (ubuntu 810) is using ...
36. JBoss 5 truncates trailing = of a base64 cookie string stackoverflow.com
After upgrading from JBoss 4 to JBoss 5, I've noticed the most annoying regression. It truncates the trailing equal sign ('=') of a base64 cookie value. It took me so much time ...
37. creating a queue in JBoss MQ stackoverflow.com
I'm trying to call send a message to a JBoss MQ queue but it seems the queue is not bounded. I use the following code to send the message :
38. What is the most efficient way to repeat an action every x minutes? stackoverflow.com
I have an application that runs in JBoss. I have an incoming web service request that will update an
39. Implementing SSO with SAML and JBoss stackoverflow.com
I want to implement SSO with SAML tokens in JBossAS. The scenario is as follows.
40. J2EE programmers do not write to files stackoverflow.com
Today one person told to me that "J2EE programmers do not write to files". Why can I not write to files from within a J2EE container (for example from JBoss)? What ...
41. How to upgrade JBoss Web in JBoss 5.x.x? stackoverflow.com
JBoss Web 2.1.3 in JBoss 5.1.0 has some fixes that I need on a production server running JBoss Web 2.1.2 in JBoss 5.0.1. I don't want to upgrade to JBoss 5.1.0 ...
42. Static pages in Jboss stackoverflow.com
I have a noobish question. Probably a silly one. I have a static html page; that I want to deploy with my existing app on jboss. I put my static page xyz.html ...
43. Problem during JBoss Launch stackoverflow.com
I've a problem with JBoss 3.2.6. When I try to launch it, I get this error.
09:19:22,449 ERROR [StatefulSessionContainer] Starting failed jboss.j2ee:jndiName=TypicalBean,service=EJB java.rmi.ServerException: Could not bind home; nested exception is: ...
44. Is there a way to integrate CommonJ WorkManager with JBoss 5.1 stackoverflow.com
I did find a Jboss Commonj Service on sourceforge, but that appears to be for JBoss 4x. Any pointers would be great..
45. How can I restrict number of Concurrent users on JBoss 4.0.4 stackoverflow.com
Jboss 4.0.4 GA Apache 2.2
46. Java xerces DocumentBuilderFactoryimpl not found - What to do? stackoverflow.com
I get this message :
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpbut i can't seem to solve the problem. I have googled, but can't find any good solutions. Does anyone have an idea ...
47. Where to put a shared library in JBoss AS 5? stackoverflow.com
I m new to Jboss, but I have multiple web applications each using spring-hibernate and other open source libraries and portlets, so basically now each war file includes those jar files. ...
48. JBoss and WMI using Jacob and Java stackoverflow.com
Has anybody ever had issues with a Java application that uses Jacob to call WMI queries, with that application being deployed to JBoss? JBoss locks up around the WMI calls with ...
49. Where to define
50. How does Jboss Timeout works? stackoverflow.com
How does timeout in jboss works? How does a web-app knows when to re-direct to a login page? Just to clarify! -I know how to configure timeout on jboss. My question is, how ...
51. IllegalStateException: Cannot obtain inMethodFlag for: getPrimaryKey stackoverflow.com
Can anyone tell me why following exception comes?
How to avoid it? Thanks in advance.
52. JBoss eventually stops responding to request, but no OOME stackoverflow.com
I'm having an issue with jboss server. when i run jboss server, it stops responding( no fixed time, so cannot predict when will it stop responding after start) after that it ...
53. Getting back up to speed on Java after 8-10 years stackoverflow.com
The last time I did any serious Java coding was back around the turn of the century. In the mean time I've been doing a lot of other stuff, most recently ...
54. Deliberately delayed response from JBoss stackoverflow.com
What is the best way to deliberately delay a response from the JBoss server? I would like to implement a delayed login functionality, where if a username has been used in ...
55. JBoss - does app have to be compiled under same jdk as JBOSS is running under? stackoverflow.com
I'm a little confused about JBOSS and running it under different JDKs. For example, let's say I'm running JBOSS 5.1, and before starting it I set my JAVA_HOME to point ...
56. Trying to cause java.lang.OutOfMemoryException stackoverflow.com
I am trying to reproduce java.lang.OutOfMemoryException in Jboss4, which one of our client got, presumably by running the J2EE applications over days/weeks. I am trying to find a way for the webapp ...
57. dummy questions about keystore? stackoverflow.com
Dears I am new to java and jboss I tried these commands on my Centos5.4 final machine where I can find the .JKS and .dat files ?
59. Why it is not possible to set several attributes by one call in twiddle? stackoverflow.com
Or it is possible?
60. Does Jboss 4.2.3.GA support JDK 1.4.2? stackoverflow.com
I'm migrating my apps from WebSphere to JBoss. I would like to know if JBoss 4.2.3 GA supports JDK 1.4.2. Many thanks in advance.
61. Cannot turn on gzip compression in JBoss 5 stackoverflow.com
I added following file
But fiddler shows that jboss does not compress responses. How ...
62. setting user.dir system property in JBoss 5.1 stackoverflow.com
In JBoss 4.2.3 the System property 'user.dir' is defined to be
when I ran the same application on JBoss 5.1 I noticed that it cannot find the System property user.dir why there ...
63. Jmockit in JBoss stackoverflow.com
In a jboss service I need to mock some inner class (not EJB) with JMockit. Just for tests I've created inner class
64. Is there any IDE integration for JBoss AS 6? stackoverflow.com
We have switched to JBoss 6 to make it possible to use a wider range of Java EE technologies. We chose JBoss because of its small memory footprint compared to other ...
65. why hyperic can't auto-discover my Jboss AppSvr? stackoverflow.com
I installed JBoss AS on xx.xx.12.48. I launched ./bin/run.sh -b xx.xx.12.48. The JMX web console indicates everything is OK. On xx.xx.12.49, I installed Hyperic (latest). I installed Hyperic agent on xx.xx.12.48 I can see ...
66. Purpose of JBoss tables stackoverflow.com
Can anyone point me in the direction of some documentation (or provide the information here) about the following tables, created by JBoss 5.1.0 when it starts up? I know what they are ...
67. Problem with wsrunclient (JBoss 5.1.0 GA) on Mac stackoverflow.com
When running my WebService Client with "wsrunclient" I get the following: Applications/jboss-5.1.0.GA/bin/wsrunclient.sh -verbose -cp output Client [Opened /Users/peter/Applications/jboss-5.1.0.GA/lib/endorsed/activation.jar] [Opened /Users/peter/Applications/jboss-5.1.0.GA/lib/endorsed/jaxb-api.jar] [Opened /Users/peter/Applications/jboss-5.1.0.GA/lib/endorsed/jbossws-native-jaxrpc.jar] [Opened /Users/peter/Applications/jboss-5.1.0.GA/lib/endorsed/jbossws-native-jaxws-ext.jar] [Opened /Users/peter/Applications/jboss-5.1.0.GA/lib/endorsed/jbossws-native-jaxws.jar] [Opened /Users/peter/Applications/jboss-5.1.0.GA/lib/endorsed/jbossws-native-saaj.jar] [Opened /Users/peter/Applications/jboss-5.1.0.GA/lib/endorsed/resolver.jar] [Opened /Users/peter/Applications/jboss-5.1.0.GA/lib/endorsed/serializer.jar] [Opened /Users/peter/Applications/jboss-5.1.0.GA/lib/endorsed/stax-api.jar] [Opened /Users/peter/Applications/jboss-5.1.0.GA/lib/endorsed/xalan.jar] [Opened /Users/peter/Applica
68. What are benefits of JBoss AS-based application architecture? stackoverflow.com
I am trying to understand what does JBoss AS can bring into the project, comparing to standalone architecture? My model application is a solid thing, starting, running and stopping as a whole ...
70. Class not found in JBoss stackoverflow.com
I have a jboss service. I try to load a class from different jar file, it always gives in BEA jdk1.5. It works fine sun jdk1.6. Any clue? I have a ...
71. We have a problem with the CPU utilization going up to 380 % on a 4 core machine stackoverflow.com
We had the problem when the CPU util on a single core machine went to 100 %. The number of users is 8-10 on a server hosted at the ISP end. ...
72. How can I postpone the actual DB insertion of my CMP2.1 bean in JBoss 5.1? stackoverflow.com
I am migrating a Weblogic 9 application to JBoss 5.1, and bumped into the following problem: A session ejb manages CMP 2.1 entities. Those are inserted at the time of the call ...
73. upload.parseRequest(request) returns empty list in commons.fileUpload stackoverflow.com
I am using
74. HSQL DB Conflicts with JBoss stackoverflow.com
I would like to use a custom version of the HSQL DB in an application that I am deploying in JBoss. However, JBoss already contains an HSQLDB.jar. The JBoss ...
75. Is it safe to empty the tmp folder from Jboss/Server/default? stackoverflow.com
I'm using JBoss 5.1.0.GA, I notticed the tmp folder at: server/default/tmp is mora than 1GB big. Can I safely delete all the files in it?
76. Get Arjuna source for JBoss stackoverflow.com
How can I get the source code for Arjuna/JBossTM that matches my JBoss version? More specifically, is there a way to reliably identify the version of a library that is distributed with ...
77. How to set a custom 404 page in JBoss 5? stackoverflow.com
Thanks for your replies!
78. Jboss returns no content-type for MSI stackoverflow.com
I have placed a .MSI-file in the folder C:\JBoss\server\default\deploy\install.war on my web server which is running Jboss. The idea is that web page visitors should be able to download the file ...
80. Is JBoss 6M4 stable or beta quality? stackoverflow.com
Is anyone able to definitely say whether the milestone releases of JBoss 6 (M1 through M4) are stable platforms to build on, or rather beta releases?
81. ClassCastException for WrappedConnection in Jboss stackoverflow.com
ClassCastException for WrappedConnection in Jboss Hi I am using STRUCT IN my program While using the connection from JNDI lookup, i m getting java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedConnection PLEASE HELP OUT
83. What does the JBoss 5 shutdown do? stackoverflow.com
At a high level, what does JBoss 5's shutdown do? What might go wrong if I just kill the java process instead of gracefully shutting down JBoss? A graceful JBoss 5 ...
84. JBoss automatic redeploying stackoverflow.com
As I understand it, JBoss* monitors a variety of file types in
85. Do the JBoss attributes ActiveThreadCount and ActiveThreadGroupCount have maximums? stackoverflow.com
In JBoss 5, there is the mbean
Which has the properties
86. File name charset problem in java stackoverflow.com
Trying to open a file it states it cannot be found, due to a charset mismatch, when file names have accents. I work using UTF-8 on a linux system (/etc/locales sets UTF-8 ...
87. How to implement a Timer on JBoss 4.2.2 stackoverflow.com
How can I implement a timer on JBoss 4.2.2 in a vendor independent way. Requirements:
88. how to upgrade jboss 4.0.3sp1 to 5.1? stackoverflow.com
i mean i just want to upgrade jboss application server from 4.0.3sp1 to 5.1, i have downloaded jboss-5.1.0.GA.zip, but i have not found any procedures from internet, is there any official ...
89. Loading properties from a file in a JBoss 6 Web Application stackoverflow.com
Can I dump a properties file somewhere in one of the JBoss 6 directories, and pick it up from the classpath? Or even better, does anybody know the mechanism behind a configuration ...
90. JBoss Enterprise Application Platform vs JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform stackoverflow.com
What can JBoss EAP do that JBoss ESP cannot? or vice verse? Is it correct to say JBoss EAP is a subset of JBoss ESP? Meaning JBoss ESP has all the ...
91. Wildcard bean loading in JBoss 5.1.0.GA stackoverflow.com
We have this in config.xml, which loads OK in JBoss 4.2.2.GA
However in JBoss 5.1.0.GA, it does not load (as I am aware things are stricter)
92. Connect MQ Series from JBoss using MQ Java Classes stackoverflow.com
I am trying to connect to MQ Series from Jboss Server. Can anyone tell me what are the steps should I follow? Breaking my head for nearly a week !!!
93. Cannot access an application hosted on jBoss remotely stackoverflow.com
I have hosted an application in a machine running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. I started the jBoss AS using the command.
but using any of ...
94. How do I slim down JBOSS? stackoverflow.com
We're using Jboss, but we are really only using its JMS stuff. So, is there a way that I can trim down what's loaded when Jboss starts?
95. Cannot deserialize Timer info object with ClassNotFoundException on JBoss stackoverflow.com
96. jbooss with RUNASIS option stackoverflow.com
I am starting the jboss_3.2.7 with the linux user jbs using jboss with RUNASIS option, but it is not working while the entire system[linux] restart. Which is starting the jboss as ...
98. Upgrading from DeploymentService to ProfileService in JBoss 5.1.0 GA stackoverflow.com
In Jboss 5.1 the Profile Service does what the Deployment Service was doing in Jboss 4.x.In Jboss 4.x I was using the Deployment Service to create a datasource "on-the-fly" and I ...
99. Single Sign on java stackoverflow.com
I am looking for a single sign on framework in java which supports Weblogic 10.3 and Jboss 4.2.2 and 5.1. JOSSO supports weblogic and jboss both but I am having lot ...
100. How to change Java properties at runtime? stackoverflow.com
The question: Is there some way to "connect" to a running JVM and change system properties (given by -Dproperty=value) without stopping the JVM and without having programmed a way of doing it? Now, ...