1. For Monitoring JVMs with JMX is it better to use build your own tool or use something like JConsol stackoverflow.com
I am currently tasked with developing a tool to use JMX to monitor JVMs for things like, but not limited too, memory usage, heap size, thread count. The desired tool ...
2. Query for system (not JVM) uptime in Java stackoverflow.com
Is there a OS-neutral method of querying for system (not JVM - I am aware of RuntimeMXBean.getUptime()) uptime in JavaSE 6 ? Thanks
3. monitoring & alerts for a j2se application stackoverflow.com
I am designing a J2SE application, and looking for a solution for monitoring and alerts. The requirements are:
4. How to activate JMX on my JVM for access with jconsole? stackoverflow.com
How to activate JMX on a JVM for access with jconsole?
5. Monitoring application-specific metrics using JMX and Hyperic stackoverflow.com
6. What is the .NET equivalent of JMX? stackoverflow.com
Is there a .NET equivalent for monitoring and management - similar to JMX?
7. What do you monitor with JMX in your production java application? stackoverflow.com
This question is not about how JMX works or what JMX does. This question is about applications of JMX in standard application server environment in production. It is not for specific ...
8. MBean Simple Graph Monitor stackoverflow.com
I have some JMX Beans that expose performance information in my application. I would like to have some facility to plot an attribute of an MBean in a graph for ...
9. JMX or NetMX real-world examples stackoverflow.com
I'm currently researching NetMX (and JMX by association) for a systems monitoring project. Does anyone have any real world examples of either of these libraries?
10. Using JMX classes to notify on events over time stackoverflow.com
I've been looking at JMX for monitoring application and system metrics (partially because MBeans can accessed by various tools such as JConsole). It would seem like the classes included with JMX ...
11. Can JMX be used to Monitor TIBCO Rendzevous stackoverflow.com
We would like to monitor TIBCO Rendzevous using JMX. Is it possible , if yes, How we can do it. Thanks in Advance
12. How to monitor ejb deployments in jboss6 stackoverflow.com
In Jboss4, I used to have an MDB listening to deployment messages for dynamically registering components in a system. I used the approach described at http://community.jboss.org/wiki/ExampleMinimalNotificationListener. Apparently, this mechanism doesn't ...
13. access control to JMX local monitoring stackoverflow.com
I want to write an unprivileged (non-root-access) JMX client program that monitors a privileged (running as root) application that has JMX local access enabled -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote . At least on MacOSX, jconsole ...
14. Is it possible to monitor "Full GC" frequency in JMX (on HotSpot)? stackoverflow.com
I want to monitor Full GC frequency in JMX. A MBean exposes GC count. (cf. http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/management/GarbageCollectorMXBean.html - java.lang:type=GarbageCollector,name=). The problem is that MBean does not distinguish between ...
15. Enable Cacti to monitor JMX stackoverflow.com
How do I configure CACTI to monitor values comming from JMX?
16. What is the "heap size" shown in the JVisualVM "Monitor" tab? stackoverflow.com
I want to find out what the "heap size" shown in JVisualVM means: I thought it was the committed heap size ? but the JMX bean (java.lang:Memory) shows a different value, ...
17. jboss datasource statistics JMX monitoring - inconsistent information stackoverflow.com
I have defined two datasources in *-ds.xml on jboss 4.2.3 (redhat 4.3) Both datasources are identical. Only jndi-name differ Each defines min=max=10
18. GenericObjectPool monitoring and administration via JMX stackoverflow.com
I have some custom java objects in pool, using Apache Commons GenericObjectPool. Its important to see in real-time pool properties, like active objects in pool, and to send notifications for administrator ...
19. JBossCache: setting uniqueid for proper JMX monitoring stackoverflow.com
JBossCache creates uniqueId's used for the JMX beans. If I look via JMX at jboss.cache:service=JBossCache I see something randomly generated like "12e4860e", "170278e5" ... Now having several Persistence Units I don't ...
20. System monitor for Java stackoverflow.com
We're running clusters of servers for a dozen customers. Each customer has a few app servers on Jetty. What's important here is:
21. What business processes to capture via JMX stackoverflow.com
I'd like to gather metrics concerning "business aspect" via JMX. What type's of data points or questions should I consider to capture that are "business centric" and not necessarily environment centric? ...
22. Java application monitoring using JMX stackoverflow.com
We are planning to build a WEB monitoring system for managing Java applications that are currently running on the factory floor. These java applications are web based applications running on ...
23. JMX - Monitor process existence stackoverflow.com
I want to be able to monitor a process's existence continuously and restart it if it had crashed or killed for any reason using JMX. Stopping and starting a process is ...
25. Is there any way to export jconsole monitoring result? stackoverflow.com
Jconsole is great in monitoring java application through JMX. Once connected and running, it could display the whole Memory/Heap/CPU/Thread history of the monitored program. I just wondering if there is any ...
26. JMX Monitoring forums.netbeans.org
27. JMX Monitoring forums.terracotta.org
Pardon the noob question. I need to provide a JMX hook for our Task Scheduler. What I noticed is the current default Scheduler that is instantiated by the StdSchedulerFactory doesn't inherently provide this capability, while QuartzScheduler, that implements the RemotableQuartzScheduler, seems to register its own MBean, which does have all the hooks. I am bit confused, under what circumstances do we ...