1. Difference between portlet and application coderanch.com
Hi, Abstract from Liferay Book (JSR-286 spec.). A portal page is made of a set of portlets. For example, the portal page such as Welcome contains portlets such as Navigation, Language, and so on And the portlet Language has icons (such as Look and Feel, Configuration, Minimize, Maximize, and Remove), title icon and title (such as Language), and a window which ...
2. File Management coderanch.com
3. Document Viewer Portlet coderanch.com
4. reload the command cache automatically coderanch.com
Hi, i'm using wps 6.0.1 and trying to use the command cache in my application. But the requirement is that the cache should be reloaded automatically after some specified time, what currently happens with commandcache is that it gets reloaded only if it gets a request and the cache has been invalidated. The problem is that the reloading of cache only ...
5. Available Portlet Certifications? coderanch.com
Hi As part of my project I am going through Portlets with IBM WPS v6.0. I think I am spending enough time to prepare for the exam too. Could anyone tell me what are the various certifications in market. And which one is good to write, along with some resources/books. Appreciate your response...
6. What is OpenPortal? Where does it fit in? Market Penetration? coderanch.com
So, what is OpenPortal? I see the download for this on the the java.net site: OpenPortal Home Page at java.net So, this is an open source portal that is backed, promoted and 'sold' by Sun Microsystems? An "Open Source" portal from the same people who won't open source Java itself? I see that it is JSR286 compliant. I also see that ...
7. Any one configured the worflowPortlet.war file for using SAW coderanch.com
8. Portlets + JavaFX coderanch.com
9. Send mail through Sheduling coderanch.com
10. Portlets sharing a global variable coderanch.com
All portlets in a war file, or all portlets in the portal? The PortletContext is global to all portlets packaged in a war, but can't be accessed outside the war. For truely global variables, you'll need to do your own implementation - maybe something as simple as a common database table all portlets can read from. In the IBM world, we ...
11. External Application to Portlet. coderanch.com
I have design in which a external application will be called from the portlet and some parameter will be send to the external application. Then external application will do some processing and return some parameter. How external application can return to same page of portlet application with parameter ?. I'm new to portlet please help me ?. I'm using Spring MVC ...
12. Ajax Application coderanch.com
13. Multiple instances of the same portlet behave in a very odd way!!!! coderanch.com
I had put multiple instances of the same portlet[Let us say "Portlet1"]on the same JSF page.Any my portlet does the simple DIVISION operation.It directs the response to an error page displaying the exception occured.[e.g. divide by zero exception]Now when i put multiple instances of the same portlet on the JSF page it starts behaving in a very odd way.The exception occuring ...
14. Credential Vault coderanch.com
15. Sharing data Between portlets coderanch.com
16. web 2.0 coderanch.com
17. RMI and Synchronization coderanch.com
Scene 1 : In STUB, I have a synchronized method. When multiple clients download the stub and call the method, I can see the calls are synchronized, (ie no 2 thread are accessing internal method code at same time). Scene 2 : Stub method is not synchronized. But, it calls methodA() of singleton object, and methodA() is synchronized. Internally methodA() a ...
18. Clarity and Actuate coderanch.com
19. UNDEPLOYING a portlet on Jetspeed2 coderanch.com
Found the answer myself. There are two Jetspeed Admin portlets which govern portlet usage and deployment. When logged in as ADMIN in the demo installation, you can add them to a page, and use them to undeploy and even delete portlets. I think together the two portlets comprise what's referred to as the PALM (portlet application lifecycle manager) environment.
20. portlet modes coderanch.com
View is the normal display mode of a portlet. Edit allows a user to customize the experience. Print allows them to print the contents. Help gives them help on how to use the portlet. Configure allows them to set up global parameters. Exit allows them to exit the portal. Message mode allows the portlet to be used as an instant messenger. ...
21. Applet inside a Portlet coderanch.com
Hello All, Am trying to embed an applet inside a portlet jsp. But when i access the jsp from the IE. I dont see the applet being rendered on the page. I think its the problem of my applet codebase but not sure how to get through. Below is my jsp code which is being rendered. <%@taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%> <%@taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/portlet" ...
22. PortletPreferences coderanch.com
Hi The jsr 168 api provides the portlet references object. This can store a user's customized settings. Similarly another user can also store his own customized things. But where does the Preferences object store it? It cannot be in the session as the changes will persist even on subsequent login. Also I want to know if the customized settings persist on ...
23. Web Content Management coderanch.com
24. troubled portlet developer coderanch.com
Hello: I am trying to develop my first portlet on PLuto 1.1.4 but I can not find any up-to-date tutorials. The tutorials I do find are all incomplete and have conflicting information. Cameron, I tried your site but when I click on a topic on the left, I get a page that says "This tutorial shows you how to . . ...
25. FlyWeight Pattern coderanch.com
26. ClassCastException when running portlet coderanch.com
Hello: I sucessfully deployed my portlet. In the admin app for Pluto, the portlet shows a stack trace. The complete stack trace is at the bottom. I will show the Caused By here: Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: pluto2.ChangeCasePortlet[/B] at org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.init(PortletServlet.java:111) at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1105) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:757) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:641) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:574) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:499) at org.apache.pluto.core.DefaultPortletInvokerService.invoke(DefaultPortletInvokerService.java:167) ... 52 more Here is my portlet class: ...
27. sharing data between jpf and jpf portlet coderanch.com
Hi, We are using Weblogic Portal 8.1 There are 2 jpf portlets - say A and B. Portlet B has a link which opens as a pop up window which has a jpf We add some values to the DB using that. Portlet A has a drop down box which shows the same values in a drop down box. So whenever ...
28. How to pass the logged user ID into SDO to filter results coderanch.com
29. Implementing cancel for long running web reuests coderanch.com
Hi Flow of control : User submits a form in portlet At backend a database search operation is intiated. As intial response ,canel button is presented to user. if users cancels the search then it is redirected to previous page. else after completion of search result page is rendered. Can anybody suggest how to implement it in portlets.
30. portlets form problem( urgent ) coderanch.com
31. Return ONLY the contnet of a portlet coderanch.com
32. mail upon registration coderanch.com
I'm developing a social networking portal using spring framework. I have the following requirement. A user who is willing to join this social networking portal will fill up a online form and clicks 'Submit' button. Upon clicking submit button, i need to send an email to the email id provided during registration with a link to visit. Once user sees the ...
33. How one can dis-allow resizing of portlets coderanch.com
Hi, I've a requirement wherein i want to disallow the portlets to resized ... ie not to allow users either to maximize or minimize it. Also, there will be a title for the portlet that will be displayed at the left corner of the protlet window. I don't want that as well. How can i achieve the above in jetspeed portal? ...
34. New to this... coderanch.com
35. How to i get IP address of the Remote system coderanch.com
36. Problem with browser history coderanch.com
37. Portlet is Not Available: null coderanch.com
38. Unit testing portlets coderanch.com
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to autoload servlet: javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.meterware.servletunit.WebApplication$WebResourceMap.autoLoadServlets(WebApplication.java:997) at com.meterware.servletunit.WebApplication.
39. printing problem in portlet coderanch.com
Sir, till know we were doing printing of browser page through window.print() command,in JSP. But now we were using JSP's within the portlet par file.Now the problem is instead of printing only the text content of the tables it also prints the components(Gif's, Images, bars etc) used within the window. Note :browser contents are not getting printed , onlt the window ...
40. JDK Version (Portlets) coderanch.com
41. Portlet API Which Product to use coderanch.com
Hello, I have to build a small portal where I plan integrate an old JSP/Struts/Servlet webApps and a new JSF/Servlet webApps. I haven't done this before. Can anyone tell which Open Source Product I can use for this? Pluto/Cocoon? Where do I get a comprehensive information on the Portlet API? Is the Portlet API ready for professional use?
42. Alternative for cookie in portlet coderanch.com
Hi, I hope this is in the right area ......, and I hope someone can help with this. I am writing a portlet. It's a 'quick poll' - the idea is that the page asks the user to vote on a question using a HTML form. Users should only vote once, and given that this is an anonymous site, I originally ...
43. is there any portal/portlet (vendor-independent) certification? coderanch.com
Seeing as how Sun published the JSR 168/268 specification the certification would most likely come from them. A few years ago I had asked someone at Sun if there was a going to be a certification for portlets and at that time they had no plans to do so. Of course things could have changed since then. I would suggest that ...
44. Is there any PortletContaner API ? coderanch.com
We know about Portlet API (jsr 168 & 286) which standardizes the communication with portlet (between portlet and portlet container). Do we have any API for portlet container, so that there is a standard way to access the instance of Portlet container, invokes methods on portlet container without knowing which vendor has developed it? Till now i think a Portal and ...
45. Java Standard Portlets vs. PortalBean Portlets coderanch.com
46. Problem with IBM RSA V6.0 coderanch.com
47. Portlet uniqueName coderanch.com
48. Business Process Choreographer coderanch.com
49. Settings for portlet coderanch.com
Hi All, I'm relatively new with portal and portlets so I'll explain this as best I can. I have a portlet, say a View portlet, that changes it's view based on a user setting. There could be numerous View portlets, each with their own setting - i.e. one would show a list of 10, the other a list of 20 etc. ...
50. Browser back button - Bea JPF portlet coderanch.com
We have a portlet containing a link to a dynamic content page and another portlet using JPF to control its action. Once we click on the link of the 1st portlet, we get the content. If we click browser back and then click on the
51. User Access permission through API coderanch.com
Hi, On a project, we are looking to perform a couple of portal admin functionalities from a custom portlet. 1) Assign portal page permissions & 2) Assign unique URLs to existing portal pages. Is there a portal API(s) that will allow us to do this from a custom portlet. The basic flow is as follows: 1. Site admin creates a new ...
52. No ManagedConnections available within configured blocking timeout coderanch.com
53. how to get ip addresses of clients under LAN coderanch.com
54. Stand alone application. coderanch.com
55. open source portlet coderanch.com
Hello, I've used IBM's and BEA's portal development environment to produce portlets to be installed into their own portals. My next task is to use an open source IDE (eclipse ganymede 3.4.1) to produce the (helloworld) portlet and deploy it onto an IBM portal server. Are there any tutorials out there that help walk these steps through? The other task is ...
56. That is one cool projection clock! coderanch.com
57. need help for multilingual portlets coderanch.com
Hi, I am new to portlets. I am working on portlet project. My requirement is i want to design a site for my client that site should support english and hindi. I will have a "hindi" link on my page when i click on that every thing should be changed to hindi langauge. I got information from IBM help site how ...
58. Portlets And Portlet Preferences coderanch.com
I'm building portlets (JSR 186's for Liferay 5.1) and I've gotten the portlets the way I want them but I'm having a hard time getting my brain around something I think is simple... Portlet Preferences... or more specifically when does setting them affect you only and when does it affect everyone that does not have a preference set. Here's my example ...
59. Webspher Portlet Factory Certification coderanch.com
60. what technologies used in Igoogle coderanch.com
Hi; the boss just showed up in my cube. He says he wants users to be able to have users of our web site be able to move content around and resize it like on igoogle. Of course he wants estimates. since I don't know what technoligies are involved in IGoogle. I cannot say. hoping somone out there knows something about ...
61. Bea We coderanch.com
62. Help needed in multilingaul Content management system coderanch.com
Hi, I am working on multilingual web content management. Actually my requirementi is: I will have a site which is designed by Web sphere portal server V6. I should design a content for english and hindi. I will be having a hindi image on click of tha the content should get displayed in hindi. If user clicks on english image content ...
63. Cannot see my portlet in Administration coderanch.com
64. Portlet on PDA coderanch.com
65. Hi all coderanch.com
66. PortletSession coderanch.com
67. Portlet Preferences coderanch.com
Hi To provide a customized behaviour for different users, portelts are configured using portlet prefernces. Portlet Prefernces are name,value pairs which are configured in the portlet.xml deployment descriptor. To understand indepth you can read the Portlet Prefernces chapter in JSR 168 specifications. It is explained clearly.
68. PortalSearchIndexWorkManager problem on WebSpherePortal5.1 coderanch.com
Hi, When I was trying to import a page defination XML file to the portal environment, it did get stop in the middle because one of the portlet entry was not available. Please have a look at the below mentioned error.
69. Good Free Content Mgmt Tool coderanch.com
70. Issue in using JfreeCharts in SunONE portlet coderanch.com
71. Problem with a portlet coderanch.com
72. Creating a Portlet coderanch.com
73. Integrating an application into a portlet coderanch.com
74. SPF 6.0 vs SPF 6.1 coderanch.com
75. Unable to set the catalina_home coderanch.com
76. What is a portlet?? coderanch.com
If you visit Google or Yahoo's home page you are given options for customization (for your future visits how the page should look like) like you can select some of the news which are relevant to you like sports, weather updates, music, entertainment, business etc., Once you select the things which you like all those will appear each in a separate ...
77. Portlet for diferent users. coderanch.com
First Sorry for my Bad English. I have a JRS 168 portlet used for multiple users. The problem was that when one user press F5, he saw the navigation and all state of the last user that used the portlet. When i submit a form inside the portlet its like all portlet instances get all the parameters.
78. Portlet integration coderanch.com
Hi, this is maybe an unusual question. Let's assume I have a portlet that does some calculations. Now I would like to call this portlet/portal from another website with the value '4' and the website should receive '16'. Afaik WSRP can only be used to display remote portlets on another portal server. Is there anyway to do the things I mentioned? ...
79. Issue in character encoding.... coderanch.com
Hello friends....... I am currently working on my project and got stuck with a strange problem.......... I am working on windows machine and using eclipse and tomcat for my application......... I am reading data from xls file in my application and storing it in database(mysql)..... in my xls sheet when i give non-english characters it got read correctly by my application ...
80. Drag and Drop feature for portlets coderanch.com
We have just migrated to WPS 6.0 from WPS 5.1 and wish to provide our end users to have dragging and dropping of portlets. Can anyone guide me for this, i mean from where to start and how? Is there any default feature available in WebSphere Administrative Console where we can add this feature to portlets like we assign different skins ...
81. Portlet "bridge" coderanch.com
82. Pageflow Getting submitted twise. coderanch.com
83. what is _nfls=false coderanch.com
84. portlet startup problem coderanch.com
Hello. I have a portlet,and I want to go to the action method at the first time that portlet start.but unfortunatly it load jsp instead of action. how can i do? my portlet.xml and liferay-portlet.xml is as follows: portlet-liferay.xml
85. drag and drop feature for portlets coderanch.com
WebSphere Process Server introduced something like iGoogle, called Business Space. Business Space it is like a portal engine but not so powerful. The portlets are named widgets. Also Google widgets can be installed on Business Space. Anyway, looks like some useful stuffs is getting those who have to play with WebSphere Process Server. There are about 40-60 widgets designed and already ...
86. issue regarding portlet coderanch.com
Hi, I have developed a simple Inter Portlet Application and have run in successfully in Open Portal container. My issue is that I want to access one of the portlet remotely through URL. Is there any way to achieve this? Is there any way to embed Portlet in jsp like iGoogle does? Thanks in advance.
87. inter portlet application issue coderanch.com
Hi All, I am new to portlet and stuck in the very beginning. Well I am using Open Portal with netbeans. My problem is:- There's one portlet application which creates quote, say QuotePortlet. I have to build a demo ShoppingPortlet which can send event to the QuotePortlet and get the event from QuotePortlet. I have accomplished it using WSRP but it ...
88. Portlets & Mashups coderanch.com
89. IllegalStateException: Cannot forward. Response already committed. coderanch.com
Thanks in advance for any help on this... I understand we get this exception when the JSP attempts to write to the print stream after the response has been committed but I don't see how this is occuring in my situation. I am getting this during a simple forward in my JSP: <%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-logic" prefix="logic"%> <%@ page contentType="text/html" import="org.apache.log4j.Logger"%> <% ...
90. clearing the content of portletsession coderanch.com
i have to persist the values entered in a jsp page, i used so many session attributes to store values in processaction of my method. now i am able to persist in the jsp page. but problem is when user registered successfully, those values have to be removed in the textboxes. for this i want to clear the session . but ...
91. Basic Form coderanch.com
92. if any body have Portlet Material/ Links please share coderanch.com
93. * Welcome Jonas X Yuan coderanch.com
Welcome back for another book promotion on Liferay , I just wanted to know that how you able to maintain frequent changes happening in Liferay. If I am not wrong one more book has been published on Liferay development , why a person should go for this book rather than other one?? Is there any pre requirement to follow your book?? ...
94. Portlet frameworks coderanch.com
Hi, I had a pleasant experience working with Spring portlet mvc, on Liferay and IBM Portal platforms. Spring portlet mvc really understands portlet states of renderRequest and actionRequest. I was wondering if there are any other portlet specific web frameworks. Also, do you know if Liferay wants/will use Spring portlet mvc? Thanks, Mercer Traieste
95. Parameters lost when posting coderanch.com
I am not really sure, if this is a portal problem, since I have no clue, as to what is happening. From a simple jsp, in my BEA-portal application, i post a parameter to /myportal.portal, but parameters are lost. If I change the form method to "get", things work fine (except actual param-length is 4096, so it gets cut. No easy ...
96. how to code a vortal. coderanch.com
97. advantages and disadvantages of using Portal/Portlet coderanch.com
Hi, I'm not a portal expert, too. Unfortunately : But I think using portals or "normal" web application depends a lot on personal taste and the kind of application you want to provide. I'm sure that both, portlets and JSP/servlets, technically have advantages and disadvantages like most technologies, so I'd say you can't simply tell which one is better for general ...
98. PortletServiceUnavailableException - WPS5.1 - using IBM Portlet coderanch.com
In my application, I have got a portlet service whose entry is mentioned in the PortletServiceRegistryService.properties file. To retrieve the entry from the above mentioned property file, I have this block of code in the filter that intercepts the request and tries to get the service object from the propery file. Entry in the PortletServiceRegistryService.properties file. Location of the file in ...
99. Problems to update a Portlet coderanch.com
Please someone help me, I am with this problem a few days and this already unbearable, I am developing portlet with the WebSphere Portal 6 RSA 7 and everything is moving well until a certain time I will update my portlet and it's simply a lot of exception .. there's nothing I get being made to restart and clearing D:\IBM\WebSphere\profiles\wp_profile\wstemp" until ...
100. Navigating portlets coderanch.com